PM promises "Fast - Safe - Transparent - Comprehensive" vaccine program - no mention of foreigners.

rooster59

3 minutes ago, Bezdomny said:

I dont see a problem. Regarding to the TVF commentators only western expats have money and spend it in Thailand, all Chinese, Indians and Russians are cheap charlies. ????

Yea that is what the TVF brigade says but I always see the moan about increases of price of items alcohol prices and so on. Often asking where is the best value for money breakfast(not where is the nicest breakfast). So I really don't think farangs are big spenders a lot of them are cheap Charlies for sure.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I don't mind paying either, as long as the cost is reasonable, and not price gouging. Any reasonable health official would think it is to the nation's benefit to have EVERYONE vaccinated.

What do you think a fair price is? Bearing in mind the Astra Zeneca vaccine has a production cost of approximately 100 baht.

I have no idea one needs to take into account the sales price. Transport costs, workers cost and profit. I don't really see what production cost has to do with it. Its not as if it magically appears at an  hospital and then get magically injected. They should at least make a 1000 or more profit on it after paying for all the costs and stuff. 

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Ministerial aide Dr Sophon Mekthon told the press that the first members of the public to get the vaccine would be Thai people over 60, the chronically sick with diseases like diabetes, lung infections and high blood pressure. 

Test the vaccines on the weaker population, if they don't die Anutin will take the vaccine

• Like 2

Just now, Wiggy said:

Because I pay a lot of tax and I’ve been paying into the Thai Social Security fund for 25 years. Legal immigrants in the UK will get the vaccine for free. That’s why. 

If you have been paying in the Thai social security fund then great is think you should get it. 100% agree with you. I was talking about those of us that only pay vat here.

As for what happens in the UK does not matter at all about what happens here. I mean go back to the UK if you want that treatment. Why would Thailand have to do the same as the UK. Maybe the UK should do the same as Thailand. I mean I don't really see the connection. You choose to live in Thailand so accept how they treat foreigners. Forget about the UK unless you want to live there. 

I know my country is also really liberal, but that does not make me feel entitled to things here in Thailand. But you IMHO are entitled as you paid into social security. 

• Like 1