Danish man arrested for alleged drug dealing in Pattaya

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In my experience, they are allowed to deal for a few years then are made an example of when a new one comes along. This makes the police look good and business is back to normal. 

In your experience? Your just guessing. 

1 minute ago, mike787 said:

who cares, driving habits are as though everyone is one meth....let the guy go.  Responsibilty is on the buyers.

With something as addictive as crystal-meth you want ‘buyers to be responsible’ ????

Some of the the issues regarding cannabis and booze border the fringes of reasonability... but some of the arguments I’m reading on this thread for drugs such as Crystal Meth border the extremes of rationality. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I think there are many more deaths from alcohol accident than long-term illnesses like cirrhosis of the liver. In Scotland, 3 out of 4 court cases are related to alcohol. 

And if hard addictive drugs were legalised what degree of increase in these consequences could we expect to see?

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Could you explain why you think meth is more dangerous than alcohol?

Here are some figure by the Australian government - the drug of concern is clear.

Meth is estimated to be a factor in 136 deaths a year; alcohol 5,554.

Also in the UK

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/news/20101101/alcohol-more-harmful-than-crack-or-heroin#1

Interesting article, which is about substance ‘abuse’... not just use. 

How’s the data collected and criteria used to assess? the article doesn’t say.

If the same amount of people take Meth as people drink what happens to those stats then ?

Legalising Meth will lead to more people consuming it and more consequences. 

I’m coming round to your thinking, Alcohol is definitely dangerous when abused. But do you really believe if the same amount of people who drink regularly take Crystal Meth regularly they would be impacted less than those taking alcohol ??? - Because thats what your quoted article is implying, and that I don’t believe for a second. 

Of course, Alcohol is harmful if abused... but a few beers with dinner isn’t. 

Something as addictive as Crystal Meth leads to abuse more readily than a Friday night out with mates in the pub. 

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In my experience, they are allowed to deal for a few years then are made an example of when a new one comes along. This makes the police look good and business is back to normal. 

Yes, swim allegedly knows someone have may have done this.

59 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Alternatives have to be tried because it has become obvious that after spending billions and billions of dollars on The War Against Drugs, that this policy has been a dismal failure.

Does anyone seriously want more of their taxes spent on a proven failure of a policy?

Interesting point...  What would the world be like today without any 'war on drugs’ ?

The same? Worse? would we all be bunch of addicted crack heads? or would we regulate ourselves ? would there be more or less violence than there already is ????

Has the war on drugs actually been a failure, or has it somehow had an impact that much of us are protected from the impact of drugs ??? 

Maybe something more moderate, like Opium dens back in the day would suffice. Pot houses etc, cafes... 

But the seriously addictive hard stuff...  that could destroy the fabric of an already fragile society. 

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK, legalise ‘some’ drugs - Marijuana is a perfect example of something which should be legalised. 

But, do you really want society running around on Crystal Meth ??? driving, riding motorcycles etc ?

The way Thais drive natural meth behind wheel...wear mask saves your life with 4 persons on small scooter no helmets but fully masked. This Thailand please follow rules wear mask...

4 hours ago, smedly said:

legalise what drugs ?

many of these drugs are extremely harmful legal or not, you can't legalise everything, the drugs this idiot was peddling are extremely harmful and would never ever become legal - end of

yes and lock this scumbag up and throw away the key

he deserves everything he has coming to him in spades

Car are harmful if used incorrectly but they are legal and controlled.

5 hours ago, quake said:

Legalize drugs and put the bad guys out of business.

and governments can collect tax, and it will also create jobs for some people.

i agree ,right on the money.some of the moronic comments though,the hang em high brigade in all their glory,even the USA govt r doing it now,marijuanas legal in states after spending zillions and killing how many in south america.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 4reaL said:

Sounds like a real pro, meeting in a hospital to flip 5000 baht worth of gear.

Dealers main concern is being jumped and robbed.  Cars in parking lots are pretty vulnerable.  Coffee shop in a hospital doesn't provide very good cover for an ambush....unless by cops.

I would imagine this dude was pretty surprised when the cops showed-up.  I'd love to see a video of that.

Edited by dddave

He’s incredibly stupid at 51 to completely ruin the remainder of his life for money. A white dude dealing drugs in Thailand is beyond dumb, I’m just amazed he’s managed to last that long, without being informed on. In Denmark he’d be free in a couple of years ... without a pardon decades ahead he’ll never be free. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Didn't work in USA.... works in a few places. 

Where? 

The only place I've experienced was India, 2 States, couldn't buy beer but had a govt shop selling opium and ganja. 

Edited by Neeranam

16 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He’s incredibly stupid at 51 to completely ruin the remainder of his life for money. A white dude dealing drugs in Thailand is beyond dumb, I’m just amazed he’s managed to last that long, without being informed on. In Denmark he’d be free in a couple of years ... without a pardon decades ahead he’ll never be free. 

Sick rather than stupid. 

What on earth has his colour got to do with it? 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

He made it so long because this place was packed and there was a lot more going on to keep police busy than a low level dealer.

BTW... how stupid was it to schedule a bust in a crowded civic place?  YOu have no idea how long that guy has been up and how paranoid he might be and thus trigger happy.  This could have went really bad for the police.

This is not like the old movies.  YOu don't have to arrest him at the time of the act. Do the deal. Get him at home.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snig27 said:

They have in Portugal, a couple of South American countries and now Oregon. Consumption dropped in every case as did the problems. In Portugal it allowed the health authorities to deal with the problem whereas your argument just forces it underground where it stays and thrives. I’d rather a less damaging and devastating approach than yours and the world seems to be moving that way.

If they would legalize in the US they could send half of the police to an early retirement.

Imagine the money saved,jails,courts,prisons etc.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

OK, legalise ‘some’ drugs - Marijuana is a perfect example of something which should be legalised. 

But, do you really want society running around on Crystal Meth ??? driving, riding motorcycles etc ?

OK with a society that allows drunks to run around driving, riding motorcycles etc though.

That's a way bigger problem but one which will take decades (or longer) to fix as it has so many defenders in high places.