The Policeman Who Murdered The Couple In Kanchanaburi

martaway

Read a letter in the BKK Post today re. the policeman who killed 2 tourists a while back.

Does anyone know if he is still in jail ?

i hope so ,but this is thailand :o money talks b-llsh-t walks

Read a letter in the BKK Post today re. the policeman who killed 2 tourists a while back.

Does anyone know if he is still in jail ?

i hope so ,but this is thailand :o money talks b-llsh-t walks

How much do you actually know about this country??????

It was a double murder with a lot of media exposure.

I would believe he is still in jail.

Yes, a lot of not so good things here as well, but at least have a little faith!!!!

Sailor

In comms a few months back with a farang journo based here... They claimed he was not findable in the prison he was listed as being in and they were trying to see if he was still in the penal system.. They clearly believed he wasnt.

LivinLOS - If what you say is true, then all I can say is that this is the scariest thing I've read to date on TV forums.

He coldly killed the girl by first running her over with his car, then point blank shots. This happened because the English boyfriend took offence at the leery behaviour of the cop who was trying to sexually harass his fiance.

Innocent people wrong place wrong time, and he is free to do it again? And make no mistake he will.

LivinLOS - If what you say is true, then all I can say is that this is the scariest thing I've read to date on TV forums.

He coldly killed the girl by first running her over with his car, then point blank shots. This happened because the English boyfriend took offence at the leery behaviour of the cop who was trying to sexually harass his fiance.

Innocent people wrong place wrong time, and he is free to do it again? And make no mistake he will.

Welcome to the Amazing Thailand! The Land of Smiles :o

Yeah!

I wish we only had the regular High school (University) shootings here. Or the regular guy going on a rampage with an assault (or sniper) rifle.

Life would have been so much safer here then.

Sailor

Yeah!

I wish we only had the regular High school (University) shootings here. Or the regular guy going on a rampage with an assault (or sniper) rifle.

Sailor

No one is talking about relative safety.

The thread is about justice for a cold blooded killer convicted by the courts and whether he is in jail or not.

Take your peurile, intellectualy anorexic comparisons elsewhere.

Yeah!

Sailor

The thread is about justice for a cold blooded killer convicted by the courts and whether he is in jail or not.

I think we all recognize the fact that this case is/was nothing less then horrible.

But, If this is the scariest thing ever read here, then please read some more.

Btw, I'm very impressed by your highly skilled wording when you shoot someone down.

;-)

All the best

Sailor

Yeah!

Sailor

I think we all recognize the fact that this case is/was nothing less then horrible.

Btw, I'm very impressed by your highly skilled wording when you shoot someone down.

;-)

All the best

Sailor

I think when he said scariest he was alluding to the fact that *if* the cop is not in jail but free somewhere it is a *Scary* society where someone can avoid justice as easy as that for what is a pretty high profile case.

Its not in relation to how dangerous thailand is either absolutely or relatively or in someones perception.

We all know guilty guys walk from court in Thailand ie the politicians son as a cop killer but they have usually been found not guilty al la OJ Simpson.

Yeah!

Sailor

;-)

All the best

Sailor

I think when he said scariest he was alluding to the fact that *if* the cop is not in jail but free somewhere it is a *Scary* society where someone can avoid justice as easy as that for what is a pretty high profile case.

Its not in relation to how dangerous thailand is either absolutely or relatively or in someones perception.

We all know guilty guys walk from court in Thailand ie the politicians son as a cop killer but they have usually been found not guilty al la OJ Simpson.

Agree with you.

Too many bad guys go free here.

But do we really know for sure that this guy is out again?

After all, it really was a high profile case in both national and International media.

I understand it was a foreign reporter that tried to find him in the prison system here.

I doubt that they helped the reporter that much, knowing that a reporter very often (not always of course) will write a negative story.

rgds

sailor

I would have thought a foriegn reporter would not have a snowball in hel_l's chance of getting the truth. Okay, he asks for information about the policeman. He is told he is in an upcountry jail so he goes up there and asks to see the guy. He is shown a yard full of Thai men and one is pointed out. "Can I speak to him?" "No sir I'm afraid that is against prison rules besides which the man does not want to talk to the press".

So in reality not only don't we know whether he is inside but, in all probability, we could never find out so will never know.

But if I were to read in tomorrow's Post that the guy was out and back in the police on active duty would I be surprised? Yes, but only that the facts have become known.

Thailand, the land of illusions.

Thai cops. Don't mess with them. That's what I am learning here.

We farang can't control the levels of bureacracy in Thailand.

Just smile, keep your nose clean and carry on.

As a foreigner in any country, never mess with the locals.

My best friend here is a Police Officer.

He has already helped me out in 3 situations the last 6-7 years.

It has made me belive that always befriend a local Police Officer, wherever you go.

;-)

Sailor

Yeah!

Sailor

;-)

All the best

Sailor

Agree with you.

Too many bad guys go free here.

But do we really know for sure that this guy is out again?

After all, it really was a high profile case in both national and International media.

I understand it was a foreign reporter that tried to find him in the prison system here.

I doubt that they helped the reporter that much, knowing that a reporter very often (not always of course) will write a negative story.

rgds

sailor

No we do not know if he is out - that is why I put *if*.

This is not the first rumour I have read regarding this tale - there was someone from Kanch claiming he had been seen in his old restaurant - I am though inclined to beleive that one less.

However, I thought there was a system in Thailand where you could pay to have someone else stay in jail for you. I do not mean accept the rap and not an official buy out but still someone goes and serves the sentence and you pay their family - probably a rumour too!

The best way to find out would be for the British Embassy to try and get details - they were involved heavily in the case.

They do follow these things up - my own best pal was involved in the Lucy Blackthorn (? correct surname) case in Japan and know they kept up pressure on the Japanese

It has made me belive that always befriend a local Police Officer, wherever you go.

;-)

Sailor

Was befriending a local copper not exactly what these two did and look what it got them???

Of course they were there short term and you longer but a lot of my long term friends there swear blind never to become pals with a plod in Thailand - be plite and friendly if you live close to him etc but keep an arms distance and do not take favours.

Different strokes for different folks though

;-)

Sailor

Was befriending a local copper not exactly what these two did and look what it got them???

Of course they were there short term and you longer but a lot of my long term friends there swear blind never to become pals with a plod in Thailand - be plite and friendly if you live close to him etc but keep an arms distance and do not take favours.

If you are going to make friends with policemen in LOS make sure he is at least the Chief of the Area/s and get his card to sit in your wallet behind the laminated photo copy of your passport /visa/driving license..etc...which you always carry...right....

How you get to meet them is a little bit more difficult and it is always easier when they are....errr ..relatives...init... :o

;-)

Sailor

If you are going to make friends with policemen in LOS make sure he is at least the Chief of the Area/s and get his card to sit in your wallet behind the laminated photo copy of your passport /visa/driving license..etc...which you always carry...right....

How you get to meet them is a little bit more difficult and it is always easier when they are....errr ..relatives...init... :o

Well you can not choose your relatives - LOL