No Phuket quarantine for Bangkok arrivals

webfact

No Phuket quarantine for Bangkok arrivals

By The Phuket News

1611548506_1-org.jpg

Bangkok and Samut Prakan are no longer on the list for mandatory 14-day quarantine after arriving in Phuket. Image: Phuketanticovid

PHUKET: People arriving in Phuket from in Bangkok no longer need to observe a mandatory 14-day quarantine following an order issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew yesterday (Jan 24).

However, they are asked to observe a 14-day quarantine at home and to continually monitor their health for signs of infection of COVID-19.

Previously, people arriving from four specific districts in Bangkok – Nong Khaem District, Bang Phlat District, Bang Khae District and Bang Khun Thian District – were required to observe a 14-day quarantine. 

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-phuket-quarantine-for-bangkok-arrivals-78773.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-01-25

• Sad 2

Also removed from the list of mandatory quarantine areas for arrival in Phuket is Samut Prakan. Yet there are community cases there daily and they've just announced the opening of a new field hospital to cope.

Phuket's going to see its first cases in weeks very very soon. All the effort on closed schools and alcohol bannings etc will have gone to waste. Poor decision by the Governor 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Also removed from the list of mandatory quarantine areas for arrival in Phuket is Samut Prakan. Yet there are community cases there daily and they've just announced the opening of a new field hospital to cope.

Phuket's going to see its first cases in weeks very very soon. All the effort on closed schools and alcohol bannings etc will have gone to waste. Poor decision by the Governor 

Right, so all the minimum wage factory workers in Samut Prakan are going to flock to Phuket and spread the virus. Yeah OK.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Shuya said:

Wow, so instead  a mandatory 14-day quarantine now just a 14-day quarantine at home? Oh my, that's great news!

I'm sure Phuket people will appreciate being able to stay at home in stead of having to stay at one of the compulsory hotels. 

I thought Phuket quarantine for BKK arrivals was scrapped altogether now? (as reported in BP and TG, with only requirement to install those 2 apps)... But here Phuket News says that hotel quarantine is now replaced with home quarantine... who is right? TG also reported that previous BKK arrivals (during "hotel quarantine" rule) were surprised that nobody asked them to quarantine at all... and this was during old rule which is supposed to be scrapped now... Crystal clear, as always ????

10 hours ago, sallecc said:

I thought Phuket quarantine for BKK arrivals was scrapped altogether now? (as reported in BP and TG, with only requirement to install those 2 apps)... But here Phuket News says that hotel quarantine is now replaced with home quarantine... who is right? TG also reported that previous BKK arrivals (during "hotel quarantine" rule) were surprised that nobody asked them to quarantine at all... and this was during old rule which is supposed to be scrapped now... Crystal clear, as always ????

It is very simple, the Phuket authorities were merely putting on a show, looking for a media opportunity to show people they are fighting the virus and keeping the virus off the island.

As many people have reported on this forum, no quarantine was required when they arrived in Phuket, it was all completely false.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taxin said:

It is very simple, the Phuket authorities were merely putting on a show, looking for a media opportunity to show people they are fighting the virus and keeping the virus off the island.

As many people have reported on this forum, no quarantine was required when they arrived in Phuket, it was all completely false.

Totally agree with you... but confusing part is that one family of foreigners reported that, after they registered on apps on arrival, nothing happened for a week, and then on 7th day, 8 (EIGHT) workers visited them to check if they follow home quarantine, after that every day worker came to check their temperature...

My BKK friends were planning to visit Phuket this week, but cancelled due to unclear rules.

3 hours ago, sallecc said:

Totally agree with you... but confusing part is that one family of foreigners reported that, after they registered on apps on arrival, nothing happened for a week, and then on 7th day, 8 (EIGHT) workers visited them to check if they follow home quarantine, after that every day worker came to check their temperature...

Yes but this was only because they downloaded and registered on the app prior to arrival, they could have simply done nothing (as many did). I’m not disputing the system didn’t work, it was simply not enforced.

I personally know 3 people who flew from Bangkok to Phuket last week and were not asked to do anything more than a temperature check, one was not even asked to do this. I also know one person who entered by land (car) and was not even stopped.

What we are seeing now from the Phuket authorities is a u-turn, they realised pretty quickly that most people are not stupid and can see it was all an act, putting on a show that nobody was buying.