Chonburi governor officially confirms closure of hotels and tourist attractions, reopening of schools

webfact

Chonburi governor officially confirms closure of hotels and tourist attractions, reopening of schools

CB1.jpg

Chonburi governor Pakarathorn Thianchaion on Thursday ordered the temporary closure of all hotels and tourist attractions in the province.

The move, which is not as drastic as it sounds, now allows hotel staff to collect social security payments.

The vast majority of the province’s 30,000 hotel workers have been out of work since the  outbreak of the coronavirus. The order to temporarily close hotels now means staff  are now able to receive money from the government to support them during the current situation.

Earlier this week, the Eastern Hotels Association had lobbied the governor to close hotels in the province.

The order states: “All hotels and tourism places both government and non- government are ordered to temporarily close until further notice.”

“Hotels and operators must help their staffers and stress this is temporary, meant to help with financial aid, so they do not leave the province in large numbers.”

Hotels that wish to remain open can do so but must inform district officials within the next seven days. Quarantine hotels are not affected by the order. 

Also on Thursday, the governor officially confirmed the  re-opening of all educational institutions in the province. 

Source: Chonburi PR

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-29

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, webfact said:

CB1.jpg

Chonburi governor Pakarathorn Thianchaion on Thursday ordered the temporary closure of all hotels and tourist attractions in the province.

The move, which is not as drastic as it sounds, now allows hotel staff to collect social security payments.

The vast majority of the province’s 30,000 hotel workers have been out of work since the  outbreak of the coronavirus. The order to temporarily close hotels now means staff  are now able to receive money from the government to support them during the current situation.

Earlier this week, the Eastern Hotels Association had lobbied the governor to close hotels in the province.

The order states: “All hotels and tourism places both government and non- government are ordered to temporarily close until further notice.”

“Hotels and operators must help their staffers and stress this is temporary, meant to help with financial aid, so they do not leave the province in large numbers.”

Hotels that wish to remain open can do so but must inform district officials within the next seven days. Quarantine hotels are not affected by the order. 

Also on Thursday, the governor officially confirmed the  re-opening of all educational institutions in the province. 

Source: Chonburi PR

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-29

They obviously know more than they,re letting on.

• Sad 1

Why hotels had to be shut just so the workers can get social security payments? why not supplement the salaries of those workers in need so the can work or better yet follows Australia example of their jobkeeper scheme whereby employers get assistant from the government to keep their workers working at a close level salaries to the original sums, but i guess this is too hard for th the Thai government to copy an implement...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

Of course I'd forgot EVERYTHING is a conspiracy 

You didn't read this?  " 

Earlier this week, the Eastern Hotels Association had lobbied the government" 

Or this 

"Hotels that wish to remain open can do so but must inform district officials within the next seven days. Quarantine hotels are not affected by the order." 

Stop being lazy and muddying the waters mate your not helping.. Read the article again 

Muddying the waters?,no need to do that,the contradiction of the post did that,so first the governor orders the hotels to shut and then says they don,t have to?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ezzra said:

why not supplement the salaries of those workers in need so the can work or better yet follows Australia example of their jobkeeper scheme whereby employers get assistant from the government to keep their workers working

They bought submarines from that money.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Why hotels had to be shut just so the workers can get social security payments? why not supplement the salaries of those workers in need so the can work or better yet follows Australia example of their jobkeeper scheme whereby employers get assistant from the government to keep their workers working at a close level salaries to the original sums, but i guess this is too hard for th the Thai government to copy an implement...

That takes a thought process.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Feel sorry for people that are deliberately left out of some form of income due to paperwork by those on permanent incomes

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

Merely asking a question,i don,t profess to know everything like a lot of the members do on here,you live and you learn thats my motto,cynicism dosen,t come into it.

"They obviously know more than they,re letting on." Don't see any qeustion in this sentence , and this is what you started of with . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

You have to take it into account that the Thai "government" are not real politicians, the unelected "PM" and his soldiers are "running" the country through default. You also have to remember that this "PM" was educated at a Military Academy, so cannot be expected to copy any implements.

6 hours ago, smedly said:

So Hotel staff are now going to get 300baht a week (yippeee) 

What about the hundreds/thousands of bar staff that have also been made jobless - are they getting anything .............. nope

Maybe hotel staff make social security payments and bar staff do not?

I bet airbnb people love this. I have a hotel booking coming up, I wonder if they will be open?

I'd hate to be one of the only guests in a hotel and they come to you and say , sorry we're closing now, get out 

Edited by Suphawk

40 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I bet airbnb people love this. I have a hotel booking coming up, I wonder if they will be open?

I'd hate to be one of the only guests in a hotel and they come to you and say , sorry we're closing now, get out 

I'd recommend not making a reservation before hand.  Guaranteed, you'll be able to find a room, and at a better price than what's listed online. Plus, you can see if they are open!!  Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, Jeffr2 said:

I'd recommend not making a reservation before hand

With the hotels closing, showing up to Pattaya without a room booked, hotel or condo, seems like a fools errand. These are not normal times.

In fact my Agoda booking at Acqua hotel just got cancelled by Agoda (luckily with refund) because they are closing the hotel.

Good news is it looks like the airbnb rentals are still a go.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, thepdru said:

Are you 100 years old ? how can people know nothing to this extend ?

you really believe that ALL hotels will be closed ? Today I passed at least a dozen that are clearly open.

I hear Areca is open. Knowing which is the problem.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Suphawk said:

With the hotels closing, showing up to Pattaya without a room booked, hotel or condo, seems like a fools errand. These are not normal times.

In fact my Agoda booking at Acqua hotel just got cancelled by Agoda (luckily with refund) because they are closing the hotel.

Good news is it looks like the airbnb rentals are still a go.

A fool is one who shows up in person to make sure the property is still open AND to get a much better rate?  Really?

I was in Samui.  Was about to book a room on Agoda.  Wifey said "let's go look first".  Guess what?  It closed a week earlier.  Had the same thing with an AirBnB.  Could have booked it a month earlier, but when we went to look in person, it had just shut down.

Hotel rooms are all over Pattaya.  There are not normal times.  Go in person, make sure they are open as well as their facilities.  And then, get a better rate.  Not a bad way to go.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Hotel rooms are all over Pattaya.  There are not normal times.  Go in person, make sure they are open as well as their facilities.  And then, get a better rate.  Not a bad way to go.

Jeffr2, I appreciate the advice I really do, but I'm showing up with baggage (enough for my long stay) and I really don't want to go searching on foot carrying it all around. With my Agoda discount I've found they don't really beat the price when I've inquired at the reception of the hotels before. And Agoda has a free cancelation policy so the risk to lose money is reduced.

I guess everyone has there own way to do things.

I wasn't inferring that you were a fool, poorly worded on my part.

I only meant that I could imagine I would look like a fool trudging around in the heat with a ton of baggage searching for a hotel.

Edited by Suphawk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Jeffr2, I appreciate the advice I really do, but I'm showing up with baggage (enough for my long stay) and I really don't want to go searching on foot carrying it all around. With my Agoda discount I've found they don't really beat the price when I've inquired at the reception of the hotels before. And Agoda has a free cancelation policy so the risk to lose money is reduced.

I guess everyone has there own way to do things.

I wasn't inferring that you were a fool, poorly worded on my part.

I only meant that I could imagine I would look like a fool trudging around in the heat with a ton of baggage searching for a hotel.

I hear ya!  Trucking around with luggage in tow is no fun. 

Times have changed.  You can get better deals now when going in person, especially if you are booking over 5 nights.

I travel extensively around Thailand.  3-4 months last year and I'll do about the same this year.  I've got a reservation for Thursday down south.  About 3k on Agoda.  I had my wife call, say we want 5 nights, and got it for 1,800B with breakfast!  I've done this dozens of times in the past 12 months.  This is the new normal.

A few hotels won't do this.  Like the big chains.  But even then, some do.  Ya just never know.

Maybe book a few nights with one place, then cruise around and see what kind of deals there are?

Where in Pattaya are you looking to stay?  What part?  Central Pattaya is a ghost town.  Kinda depressing.

5 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Where in Pattaya are you looking to stay?  What part?  Central Pattaya is a ghost town.  Kinda depressing.

I'm going to stay in the central area just for a few days. The plan is just to stay in a hotel briefly while I hunt for a good deal on a 12 month condo rental in the Chon Buri area.

Yes it does look like a ghost town from the Youtube reporters. I hope things can loosen up again and people will return to liven things up. But until then it's still a world away from the BS back home ????

43 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

I'm going to stay in the central area just for a few days. The plan is just to stay in a hotel briefly while I hunt for a good deal on a 12 month condo rental in the Chon Buri area.

Yes it does look like a ghost town from the Youtube reporters. I hope things can loosen up again and people will return to liven things up. But until then it's still a world away from the BS back home ????

Chon Buri is a huge province.  Any specific part?

You might also consider Jomtien.  Much more lively than central Pattaya. 

• Like 1