EU stokes anger with plan to restrict vaccine exports through Irish border

rooster59

11 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

So?

I made a comment that an ex member (obviously the UK as we are the only ex member) had no say over her future.

You, for some reason, replied that Germany is not an ex member!

Someone really needs to take that shovel away from you before the hole you're digging for yourself over this gets any deeper!

The only person digging a hole is yourself here is what I posted 

Commission President Ursula von der Leyen Seeking to Duck Responsibility

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is trying to get out of the firing line as anger grows over the EU's botched vaccine rollout. It's not the first time in her career that she has sought to evade responsibility.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/europe-s-vaccine-disaster-commission-president-ursula-von-der-leyen-seeking-to-duck-responsibility-a-1197547d-6219-4438-9d69-b76e64701802

German politicians and media turn on 'careless' Ursula von der Leyen over Covid vaccine fiasco“

It brings back memories of her leadership style at the defence ministry,”

'The commission president can no longer duck the issue'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/29/german-politicians-turn-careless-ursula-von-der-leyen-vaccine/

Both Articles contain comments made by Germans nothing to do with the UK 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Here is the relevant part of my post

to which you for reasons known only to yourself, replied

End off as far as I am concerned; although you'll probably try and justify your absurdity once more.

If you had bothered to read the articles you would have found its Germans that are calling for von de layden to be sack

Nothing to do with the UK 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

The only person digging a hole is yourself here is what I posted 

Commission President Ursula von der Leyen Seeking to Duck Responsibility

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen is trying to get out of the firing line as anger grows over the EU's botched vaccine rollout. It's not the first time in her career that she has sought to evade responsibility.

https://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/europe-s-vaccine-disaster-commission-president-ursula-von-der-leyen-seeking-to-duck-responsibility-a-1197547d-6219-4438-9d69-b76e64701802

German politicians and media turn on 'careless' Ursula von der Leyen over Covid vaccine fiasco“

It brings back memories of her leadership style at the defence ministry,”

'The commission president can no longer duck the issue'

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/01/29/german-politicians-turn-careless-ursula-von-der-leyen-vaccine/

Both Articles contain comments made by Germans nothing to do with the UK 

One month into brexit and thats how the eu are performing,still they,ve been taking the proverbial out the uk for the last 47 years,and some minority section still wonder why we left.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Ok, one more time for you.

I know it is nothing to do with the UK; and I said so! The full post being

For reasons known only to you, you tried to make it seem like I when I said "ex member" I was referring to Germany.

OK, maybe you genuinely misunderstood; but as I said to you in response

That should have been the end of it there and then; but for some reason of your own you kept on trying to prove something; though only you know what that was!

And where is the post link or statement that the UK was calling for her sacking there is none

• Like 1

18 hours ago, vinny41 said:

And where is the post link or statement that the UK was calling for her sacking there is none

Where have I said that there is?

I made a simple throwaway comment that her future was no longer any concern of ours. But for what increasingly appear to be desperate reasons of your own you have turned that molehill into an Everest!

Edited by 7by7
typo

8 hours ago, transam said:

Like the one above, you mean....?     ????

There are many posts of mine prior to this one of yours. So which do you mean?

This one, perhaps 

because I dared to mention and be critical of Boris Johnson's threat to renege on his own WA?

The WA he proclaimed as a personal triumph after he used the promise of it to win a General Election!

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2021 at 7:10 PM, 7by7 said:

As president of the Commission the buck stops with her and she should accept the responsibility for this atrocious act.

If that means resigning, then so be it.

Sacking? Up to the Council of Ministers, not an ex member.

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Where have I said that there is?

I made a simple throwaway comment that her future was no longer any concern of ours. But for what increasingly appear to be desperate reasons of your own you have turned that molehill into an Everest!

Ok so your post "Sacking? Up to the Council of Ministers, not an ex member." was just a throwway comment

1 hour ago, katana said:

Wasn't it the remainers who were encouraging everyone in the UK to panic by saying there would be a shortage of medicines in the UK after Brexit?

No.

But the Royal Pharmaceutical Society did warn of possible problems in the event of no deal.

No-deal Brexit may worsen drug shortages, pharmacists warn

See also the Official UK government guidance from August 2020, updated 28th December 2020.

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Ok so your post "Sacking? Up to the Council of Ministers, not an ex member." was just a throwway comment

Yes; and it's also true; as explained to you when you first queried it!

13 hours ago, 7by7 said:

There are many posts of mine prior to this one of yours. So which do you mean?

This one, perhaps 

because I dared to mention and be critical of Boris Johnson's threat to renege on his own WA?

The WA he proclaimed as a personal triumph after he used the promise of it to win a General Election!

How about this one.......????

https://www.yahoo.com/news/european-union-disgraced-brexit-vindicated-170724124.html

9 hours ago, transam said:

My name is not Cameron Hilditch and I do not write for Yahoo.

If I did, I would not include so many false assumptions in an article as if they were facts!

So how does you link answer my question "There are many posts of mine prior to this one of yours. So which do you mean?"

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely right.

I remember hearing we were going to have outbreaks of super gonorrhea. 

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/13/britain-will-mangy-old-lion-will-struggle-super-gonorrhoea-brexit-7627749/

A warning from the Brexit Health Alliance made in June 2018 on the possible effects of no deal.

In September 2020 they said Deal is best outcome for UK citizens and patients, says Brexit Health Alliance. Still, of course, warning that no deal would cause problems. 

As did the The Royal Pharmaceutical Society and, in it's official guidance, the government!

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Another chapter of Project Fear debunked. Here we are out performing the EU re. the vaccine rollout so badly that they want to put in a hard border in Ireland. So much for caring about the Irish peace process. What a bunch of charlatans. Even the Irish have worked out how they've been played by the EU.

How have you manged to miss the many reports of the EU  completely abandoning and disowning this absurd plan by someone in the Commission?

Brexit LIVE: Von der Leyen asked to resign after 'grievous error' by European Commission

Michael Gove and  European Commission Vice President Maros Sefcovic have issued a joint statement after holding emergency talks on the Northern Ireland Protocal.

They said: "Our shared priority is making sure the Protocol works for the people of Northern Ireland, protecting gains of the peace process and avoiding disruption to everyday lives.

"Jointly committed to redoubling our efforts to address outstanding issues."

EU 'fiasco' on N Ireland heaps pressure on Commission

"Misjudgement", "mismanagement", "blunder"... and words that were far, far stronger.

That's what I've been hearing from EU insiders about the European Commission's initial decision on Friday to suspend part of the Brexit deal agreement on Northern Ireland, in its rush to impose restrictions on Covid vaccines, or components of vaccines, exported from the bloc......

"We certainly weren't asked about it," one EU diplomat told me. "If we had been, we would have shouted loudly that it was a terrible idea. The decision was taken, in a hurry, at the top or close to the top [of the Commission]."

14 hours ago, 7by7 said:

My name is not Cameron Hilditch and I do not write for Yahoo.

If I did, I would not include so many false assumptions in an article as if they were facts!

So how does you link answer my question "There are many posts of mine prior to this one of yours. So which do you mean?"

Take your pick, your reply will always be the same, something negative against your country...

But, good morning, lovely day here, Mrs.T is out there watering the garden, I am soon off to do a bit of man shopping, and girl watching, oh, and a visit to Suzuki, spark plug time....You have a nice day....:thumbsup:

• Like 1