Golf Offers/Rates Chonburi/Pattaya/Rayong

keithsimmonds

On 9/28/2021 at 5:18 PM, topt said:

No change as has been that price for quite a while. Question is has the condition got any better? Just before the last shutdown somebody I know played it and said it was disappointing.

That's a great price. Be interested to hear about the condition after you play it.

It was a bog and the most disorganised and chaotic round of golf i have ever been a part of. I wont go into the gory details of a high ranking 6 ball of coppers or a women's 4 ball that most of our 19 players were behind. (some started on hole 5 and some on hole 6 as opposed to all starting at the 1st).

The tees were all over the place ie red and yellow tees same T box most of the time just 3 yards apart. Then the yellow tees would be on a completely different T box. T box markers with the hole layout on had the Hole number the distances for Red white yellow Blue and the stroke index...though the stroke index did not match on some holes the stroke index that was on the scorecard....and of course the yellow Tees should not have been on the same t Box as the reds and should not have been in front of the whites, and a downhill par 3 with from memory just one bunker on the right hand side was index 3 and was less than 160yards. No carts on the course fair enough and plugged balls from drives and approach shots were the norm and going through the back of the green on most holes was also the norm as the greens were like concrete.(Yeah weird)

Not difficult to put what is wrong right,but i personally would not go back there again until the course has dried out....and only if it is still 1150baht all in.

Put a fork in me ...i,m done.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Psc have now produced a price list for October,some offers catch the eye but it seems best to ring the course 1st to confirm the offer imho.

Plutaluang 800bht all in....Emerald 1050bht all in  Eastern Star 1050 all in (Mondays only)  Khao Kheow 950bht all in

Pattaya cc 1180bht all in (after 12 noon)  Pattavia still has a 600bht Green fee so 950baht walking.

Treasure 1150bht all in and a 100 bht cash voucher (if i read that correctly)

Burapha still have the seniors (60.s) 1250bht all in

Oh and Phoenix 2100bht all in.........yeah wont be seeing me...again.

• 1 month later...

Today we played at Rayong Green Valley, 1150 baht all-inc. sports day price.

Obviously running-in new caddies, many of us had "first day" newbies who had no idea of reading greens for putts, or even the difference between a sand iron and a 3 wood.

After the round, our group was told that from the 13th (because the 6th is a holiday) the Monday sport day rate will be 1600 baht as it is High Season from 1st December.

Suffice to say that we did not make any further booking.

Frantic phone calls revealed that from 1st December Greenwood is 1550 baht all-in Monday-Friday.

Treasure Hill 1400 baht, which includes a 200 baht voucher for on-course food & drink.

Doubtless other courses will increase fees as well, a great idea as the baht gets stronger so let's put the price up.

Why dont they call it High Treason..1150baht up to 1600baht...pure greed and nothing else.

I have yet to see Psc,s rates for December but if Greenwood is 1550baht then i wont be going there unless there walking rate stays at 750baht (doubtful?).

As for Treasure Hill and there "200 baht we will get your money one way or another voucher"...not mine you wont.

It a great shame inho that "We" dont have just the one Golf Group/Ex Pat Society who have some real clout to act on our behalf and get Resident rates for us at Courses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

Today we played at Rayong Green Valley, 1150 baht all-inc. sports day price.

Obviously running-in new caddies, many of us had "first day" newbies who had no idea of reading greens for putts, or even the difference between a sand iron and a 3 wood.

After the round, our group was told that from the 13th (because the 6th is a holiday) the Monday sport day rate will be 1600 baht as it is High Season from 1st December.

Suffice to say that we did not make any further booking.

Frantic phone calls revealed that from 1st December Greenwood is 1550 baht all-in Monday-Friday.

Treasure Hill 1400 baht, which includes a 200 baht voucher for on-course food & drink.

Doubtless other courses will increase fees as well, a great idea as the baht gets stronger so let's put the price up.

The fact that you have been playing at GV for the same price a member pays for the past few months passes you by no doubt....you are now no longer enjoying this largesse. 

Edit:  Just realised you were paying LESS than a member who takes a buggy...300+700+400 = 1400.  Those who paid an annual 9000 sub for no maintenance fees (on top of their membership) will "only" pay 1100 - 50 baht less than you.

Perhaps rather than moaning about their money grabbing you should be lauding the substantial discount they have given you for a fair but of this year.

I'll have a word with management and let them know just how much you non-members appreciate the club's efforts on your behalf.

PH

Edited by Phulublub
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Phulublub said:

The fact that you have been playing at GV for the same price a member pays for the past few months passes you by no doubt....you are now no longer enjoying this largesse. 

Edit:  Just realised you were paying LESS than a member who takes a buggy...300+700+400 = 1400.  Those who paid an annual 9000 sub for no maintenance fees (on top of their membership) will "only" pay 1100 - 50 baht less than you.

Perhaps rather than moaning about their money grabbing you should be lauding the substantial discount they have given you for a fair but of this year.

I'll have a word with management and let them know just how much you non-members appreciate the club's efforts on your behalf.

PH

I have no interest in what members pay at GV, if it costs more as a member then there is something intrinsically wrong with the pricing policy for members.

GV has been running popular sport day rates at both GV and St Andrews, which brought in a lot of business for the courses. Many times there were backlogs on the 1st and 10th tees due to the number of groups (and possibly overbooking)

How many members play every Monday and Wednesday ?

Perhaps it is partly due to members pricing complaints that GV has decided it's now high season.

On non sport days the price for a guest is close to 3K (plus caddy tip)

Edited by fulhamster
Typo
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 1:52 PM, keithsimmonds said:

but if Greenwood is 1550baht

Definitely is as I received a line shot of the "Cart prices" for December which unfortunately doesn't mention walking.

I think the courses must believe the TAT hype so if they see a decrease due to prices then you could see reductions again in January.

However I think it is fair to say some prices have been way to cheap really and if no increase in numbers then not unexpected although the amounts look high.

On 11/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, fulhamster said:

as the baht gets stronger

against which currency - if GBP I think you will find it is GBP which has weakened against the USD or so I have been seeing.....

Latest on that - https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/news/34552/2021-11-30-pound-us-dollar-exchange-rate-plummets-as-fed-chair-powell-gives-hawkish-testimony.html

Anyway Thai golf course costs are in Thai baht so they are hardly going to factor in a few percent FX changes whatever the currency.....I think you are just moaning again :biggrin:

1 hour ago, topt said:

Definitely is as I received a line shot of the "Cart prices" for December which unfortunately doesn't mention walking.

I think the courses must believe the TAT hype so if they see a decrease due to prices then you could see reductions again in January.

However I think it is fair to say some prices have been way to cheap really and if no increase in numbers then not unexpected although the amounts look high.

As of late i think you have to ring the course to confirm whatever offer or rate is available...Green Valley for example on Monday i saw a lot of people walking yet the Psc rate says compulsory carts.

Don,t know about  "way to cheap" depends on what they normally charge and whether you value that price as just.imo

12 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

As of late i think you have to ring the course to confirm whatever offer or rate is available...Green Valley for example on Monday i saw a lot of people walking yet the Psc rate says compulsory carts.

Don,t know about  "way to cheap" depends on what they normally charge and whether you value that price as just.imo

The all-in GV price includes a cart...no idea cost for walking, but members get 30 tickets a month they can pass to friends who then get THB300 GF - so THB 700 walking total against THB 1100 with a cart. 

PH

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

The all-in GV price includes a cart...no idea cost for walking, but members get 30 tickets a month they can pass to friends who then get THB300 GF - so THB 700 walking total against THB 1100 with a cart. 

PH

That is a nice offer 30 tickets a month. Any idea how much membership is? When Burapha offered a yearly membership back in March for 30,000baht that was Green fee only nothing on offer for guests.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

That is a nice offer 30 tickets a month. Any idea how much membership is? When Burapha offered a yearly membership back in March for 30,000baht that was Green fee only nothing on offer for guests.

By Membership I mean the long term debenture-like memberships....usually in the region of THB10K per year for 10 + years remaining....contact GV office to see what they have at the moment if interested. 

After that, GF is (I think) THB300, but you can pay THB8500 (I think) for the year and play with no GF - just caddy fee and optional cart.  Only applice to GV, not StA or SO.

HTH

PH

150k for 10 years 120k for 7 years..

Green fee 200baht weekday 300baht weekends caddie fee 400 baht  Cart 700baht but not compulsory

10% discount food & beverage

50% discount on Hotel

20% discount Golf Shop

This is for Green Valley only

Can invite 10 guests per month,but there fee is 2100bht all in.

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Green fee 200baht weekday 300baht weekends caddie fee 400 baht  Cart 700baht but not compulsory

50% discount on Hotel

20% discount Golf Shop

So even when paying for membership, it will still cost 1300 bt (with cart)

The various discounts are hardly worth having, most members live within driving distance so the hotel is spurious.

And to play with your friends they still need to stump up 2100 bt !!

Forget the membership, play on sports days, and find other better value courses in high season.

So even when paying for membership, it will still cost 1300 bt (with cart)

The various discounts are hardly worth having, most members live within driving distance so the hotel is spurious.

And to play with your friends they still need to stump up 2100 bt !!

Forget the membership, play on sports days, and find other better value courses in high season.

Not 1300 with cart more like 1700 everyone ignores the tip

On 12/3/2021 at 6:34 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Not 1300 with cart more like 1700 everyone ignores the tip

Yes, I didn't include the add-ons like caddy tip (300bt and mine wasn;t worth half that last time)

Also need to factor in the transport costs and any competition fee.

Add a quick drink afterwards in the clubhouse, you have the best part of 2K

• Like 1

Yes, I didn't include the add-ons like caddy tip (300bt and mine wasn;t worth half that last time)

Also need to factor in the transport costs and any competition fee.

Add a quick drink afterwards in the clubhouse, you have the best part of 2K

Yes, doesn't seem a lot but 3x a week all year is 312k baht \ £7k a year, not sure who would pay that in the UK

On 12/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, keithsimmonds said:

50% discount on Hotel

20% discount Golf Shop

Not sure where you got those figures from, but GV office advise they currently have an 8 year available at THB85K including transfer fee.  Members still get 30 vouchers a month, which gives THB300 GF weekdays THB500 weekends.

PH

11 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Not sure where you got those figures from, but GV office advise they currently have an 8 year available at THB85K including transfer fee.  Members still get 30 vouchers a month, which gives THB300 GF weekdays THB500 weekends.

PH

Those figures were quoted from 0929968295 the number forwarded to me from there Facebook/Messenger page...such as the stickler i am for detail everything was repeated and confirmed...no mention of 30 Monthly GreenFee Vouchers.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Those figures were quoted from 0929968295 the number forwarded to me from there Facebook/Messenger page...such as the stickler i am for detail everything was repeated and confirmed...no mention of 30 Monthly GreenFee Vouchers.

Very odd...this is GV facebook group...don;t see that number there!

https://web.facebook.com/rayonggolf

PH

Played Pleasant Valley today..

Management is crazy. Thailand is now open so gouge the  foreigners.

I had to pay 950 Baht more than my Thai friends even though I have lived here more than 20 years (we split the white skin tax between me and my friends).  The course was maybe 20% full but screw the foreigner any way you can (wonder why it was empty).

Had food after the round.
4 chicken wings 150 Baht.
Plate of Pad Thai 350 Baht.

This course has just lost 5 customers for life.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, candoman89 said:

I had to pay 950 Baht more than my Thai friends even though I have lived here more than 20 years (we split the white skin tax between me and my friends).  The course was maybe 20% full but screw the foreigner any way you can (wonder why it was empty).

Used to be a nice course, but internal out of bounds irritates many, I don't think we ever eat there maybe for that reason being overpriced. Some people call unpleasant valley

Edited by scubascuba3

12 hours ago, candoman89 said:

You were playing on a weekend, so expect higher rates -- but that doesn't mean dual pricing should be used.

Eating in any golf course restaurant is a risk - food is often poorly prepared and is treble the price of local places.

Many in our group will have a cursory soft drink while waiting for the competition results, very few ever eat on course.

19 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Very odd...this is GV facebook group...don;t see that number there!

https://web.facebook.com/rayonggolf

PH

Rayong Green Valley Golf
Typically replies within a few hours
Local

Is anyone available t

Do you have a price for Membership

2 December at 20:58
Thurs 20:58

Rayong Green Valley Golf

Rayong Green Valley Golf
Membership 10 years. 150,000 Baht 7 years. 120,000 Baht Can call me. 0929968295

12 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:
Rayong Green Valley Golf
Typically replies within a few hours
Local

Is anyone available t

Do you have a price for Membership

2 December at 20:58
Thurs 20:58

Rayong Green Valley Golf

Rayong Green Valley Golf
Membership 10 years. 150,000 Baht 7 years. 120,000 Baht Can call me. 0929968295

No idea who in the organisation replied to you...but the number you used is not on the GV FB page.  My info came straight from the office.  Both the figures you have been quoted are way over the top, even if they include the transfer fee.

PH

17 hours ago, candoman89 said:

I encourage everyone to report this kind of double pricing as much as they can everywhere. The only way the courses learn are when they lose foreign customers. Be sure to mention it in a friendly manner on their facebook posts too, otherwise they won't notice.

Just now, tgw said:

I encourage everyone to report this kind of double pricing as much as they can everywhere. The only way the courses learn are when they lose foreign customers. Be sure to mention it in a friendly manner on their facebook posts too, otherwise they won't notice.

Probably just me as my name is so English. Had the same problem with Burapha there offer stated 30,000 baht membership but when i enquired and they saw my name, back came the reply it,s 40,000baht..but of course it was not.

I looked at your link for Green Valley.s Facebook page and offer hit me straight in the Face ..."For Thai People Only".....nice.

That offer will now be forwarded to the Tat office in Pattaya and a Blaaady good reply had better be forthcoming.

8 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

I looked at your link for Green Valley.s Facebook page and offer hit me straight in the Face ..."For Thai People Only".....nice.

That offer will now be forwarded to the Tat office in Pattaya and a Blaaady good reply had better be forthcoming.

See the replies...Nirund (General Manager) has confirmed that long stay visa holders get the discount...foreign holiday makers (whether farang or Asian) do not. 

PH

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

See the replies...Nirund (General Manager) has confirmed that long stay visa holders get the discount...foreign holiday makers (whether farang or Asian) do not. 

PH

Okay i looked at the replies and all seems fair...there add/offer should read Resident,s only imho which then takes away any confusion.