Golf Offers/Rates Chonburi/Pattaya/Rayong

keithsimmonds

11 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

you forget we are in Thailand and most likely the staff aren't even aware

"Most Likely"?

Most likely you should take a more positive outlook to our hosts.  Not all are as useless as many on Thai Visa paint them.

Many Falang, on the other hand, have an unhealthy and usually totally unwarranted, superiority complex.

PH

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

"Most Likely"?

Most likely you should take a more positive outlook to our hosts.  Not all are as useless as many on Thai Visa paint them.

Many Falang, on the other hand, have an unhealthy and usually totally unwarranted, superiority complex.

PH

From experience of golf clubs, BTW no need to put PH at the end of every post, really unnecessary

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Your 2 posted offers are for Green fee only...are they not? In which case "Dual Prices" 1700baht for Resident ex pats and 1400baht for Thai,s.?

Yes, a point I have made with the Management.  That said, if you walk you get a better deal (GV only as compulsory carts on StA) than the Thai all-in deal.

PH

Edited by Phulublub

I suppose it's a bit of a climbdown by GV, at least they realise that most of their non Thai sports day players are resident expats and not tourists after all.

But still 300 bt more than Thais.

Anyone found out what outrageous price thay want to charge bona fide tourists ??

8 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

I suppose it's a bit of a climbdown by GV, at least they realise that most of their non Thai sports day players are resident expats and not tourists after all.

But still 300 bt more than Thais.

Anyone found out what outrageous price thay want to charge bona fide tourists ??

I'm guessing same price as tourists, they probably won't check so basically it's falang price

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, fulhamster said:

Still 1250 with cart  ????

So a discount on the usual 700 baht for a cart fee as well....why am I surprised, though, that the first comment is negative?

I would prefer 550GF and 700 cart fee personally.

PH

On 3/13/2022 at 2:13 PM, fulhamster said:

Still 1250 with cart  ????

From memory it was 1550 previously......

GF+CF was 1050 and cart was discounted to 500

So they have reduced inline and back to pre Xmas prices which I see as a positive :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

I would prefer 550GF

You may have meant GF plus CF and if so apologies. The GF is actually 400 and CF 350.

If you enjoy walking come play with us at Greenwood on 25th and enjoy a one off special price - you need to use our transport however - https://witherspoonsgolf.com/#calendar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topt said:

From memory it was 1550 previously......

GF+CF was 1050 and cart was discounted to 500

So they have reduced inline and back to pre Xmas prices which I see as a positive :thumbsup:

You may have meant GF plus CF and if so apologies. The GF is actually 400 and CF 350.

If you enjoy walking come play with us at Greenwood on 25th and enjoy a one off special price - you need to use our transport however - https://witherspoonsgolf.com/#calendar

didnt realise the quoted 750 was GF and CF....thought was just GF.  At that price Greenwood is a bargain IMV

PH

33 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Which course / courses ?

Last Thursday at Burapha,a caddie i have used for the last 4 games i have played there, asked me for a 500baht tip before i,d even had a practice putt......she will not be on my bag Thursday week.

Yesterday at Greenwood i paid my caddie 500baht because she walked and done a good job.

Driving a cart playing with your phone and giving totally inaccurate yardages and reads (not that i need either) does n, t even warrant 300baht in my book let alone 500baht.

Edited by keithsimmonds

2 hours ago, fulhamster said:

Which course / courses ?

They didn't specify but the response from many people posting in Pattaya were paying from 300, surprisingly a lot paying 500.

If it was optional I don't think anyone would mind

Edited by scubascuba3

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They didn't specify but the response from many people posting in Pattaya were paying from 300, surprisingly a lot paying 500.

If it was optional I don't think anyone would mind

The old chestnut about compulsory caddies,  then the obligatory tip to someone you didn't even want to have in the first place. 

A tip is usually offered as appreciation for good service,  which is not always the case with some caddies 

• Like 1