Hua Hin: 200,000 illegal packets of cigarettes seized

webfact

Hua Hin: 200,000 illegal packets of cigarettes seized

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

The excise department, acting on a tip received on the 1713 hotline, raided two places in Hua Hin where more than 200,000 illegal packets of cigarettes from a neighboring country were seized. 

The cigarettes were being sold via a Line application name of Jackkee.

No tax had been paid on the cigarettes and the fine would be ten times the revenue lost to the state - 169 million baht. 

The seizure was announced by excise department chief Lawaron Saengsanit after the investigation mounted in Prachuap Khiri Khan province. 

Soure: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-01

5 hours ago, webfact said:

No tax had been paid on the cigarettes and the fine would be ten times the revenue lost to the state - 169 million baht. 

That's  over estimated . they are upset that they missed out on the Tax . If  Los would Lower the Tax on Imported Merchandise then there wouldn't be any problems that goes for the Petrol too ,that was a big money spinner down here .From our Southern neighbours into Los.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The excise department, acting on a tip received on the 1713 hotline, raided two places in Hua Hin where more than 200,000 illegal packets of cigarettes from a neighboring country were seized. 

China doesn't have a border with Thailand ????

14 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

If they taste like the "smokes" i bought in the border town Mae Sai years ago, then it's great news.

Dry cigarettes that sometimes had the odd worm inside - should be sold as protein cigarettes...

I bought a legal carton on a Cambodia visa run years ago. After trying the first one, I couldn't even GIVE them away.

• Like 1