Thailand Could Attract 5 Million Foreign Arrivals in 2021

snoop1130

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand Could Attract 5 Million Foreign Arrivals in 2021... and a steaming pile of cow dung can attract million flies, ( not that i compare the latter to the former) all that needs to done is manage this catastrophe back it its former glory, Thailand and the Thai people are still the same and are there to make it happen all over again,

just manage it right and the good times will be here again soon...

The unelected "PM" and his soldiers managing things right,???? With their mentality????

• Like 1

Hilarious.  This reminds me of the old 'Get Smart' skit where he starts of by saying 30 million tourists and by the end of the conversation he says 'How about an elderly lady and her sick cat?'.  Where will these 5 million come from?  With Rampant pollution, unbreathable air, covid, still high prices.....   

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Could be 5 million, could be any other number. They've got it covered.

TAT has said "Tourism will be between 0 and a record 40 million in 2021".  Leave it at that and they have it covered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Capture.JPG

I see a pattern here. Some idiot comes up with these numbers and gets a pat on the back from his boss, the estimations are being ridiculed and forgotten, three weeks later same loop....

1 hour ago, CLW said:

I see a pattern here. Some idiot comes up with these numbers and gets a pat on the back from his boss, the estimations are being ridiculed and forgotten, three weeks later same loop...

Actually what it is used for is that no matter what the number actually turns out to be, the officials can point to the date when they predicted that number and run a headline that they accurately forecasted it. 

22 hours ago, rabang said:

Drop the quarantine and many would come at least in the second half of this year after mass vaccinations have taken place. Keep the current entry requirements in place and only the desperate will arrive. It seems to me that the Thai authorities will prefer their ultra cautious approach that will ruin the economy.

Only the desperate , will arrive ...

Desperate for what ?...

11 hours ago, Duckster said:

Maybe in 2025 unless another pandemic raises it’s ugly head.  Who’s going to risk jumping through all the hoops to get in and then realize everything has been closed down again because of another 100 infection spike?  Mexico is my new go to vacation destination.

Or risk getting stranded somewhere like millions of people all over the world. These Thai officials are fantastically juvenile minded. They think no better than young children. No wonder the country is so underdeveloped. 

In the foregone days of Beach Road, gogo bar, et al naughtiness, how many arrivals per annum? That is the main question. The secondary being - why did they try to transform the World's biggest brothel into another Acapulco Bay?

Thus, a decision needs to be made...

4 hours ago, elliss said:

Only the desperate , will arrive ...

Desperate for what ?...

For example desperate to get back to their homes and families. Or work, but not to some island or beach or an empty tourist town where 80% of businesses are closed.

• Like 2

Well if China gives its people the permission to travel to Thailand, okay maybe

the numbers will be a bit higher. I wonder how many people from Myanmar want to

travel to Thailand now?  They may want to be immigrants though, since their military wants

to have a Military dictatorship once again.  Not sure how many from Russia will come over

the Winter, or from a few other countries,  but I doubt it will be millions.

Geezer

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

travel to Thailand now?  They may want to be immigrants though, since their military wants

to have a Military dictatorship once again.  Not sure how many from Russia will come over

Geezer

Oo-err. Does that mean the Burmese will be spilling across the now non-porous border into Thailand?

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

China just started issuing normal tourist visas in Beijing and Shanghai last week (with quarantine). They are on their way.

11 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Oo-err. Does that mean the Burmese will be spilling across the now non-porous border into Thailand?

Do they , the Burmese , have any other option .?

Brits take freedom of speech and opinion,  as  a way of life 

Lets, not forget it was fought for , against the ruling class / establishment .