Public Debt Will Not Exceed 60% by 2025

snoop1130

Public Debt Will Not Exceed 60% by 2025

141c46ec0b8fd642d0dac6a1159520ad_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s public debt will not exceed the 60% ceiling rate by 2025 if there is no more borrowing for COVID-19 management.

Finance Minister Arkhom Termpittayapaisith said the government expects to manage the fresh outbreak and there is sufficient capital in government coffers to cushion the impact.

He reiterated fiscal stability will not be affected even if public debt rises above the 60% ceiling rate in case of more borrowing to remedy deteriorating economic conditions.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-02-01

????????????????, you just can not believe this now can you.  4 years from now if things have not turned around and all that have lost their jobs during this past 2 year period are still unemployed, how is that going to work out.  If no government bailouts then the foreclosures, repossessions, and household debt will be thru the roof.  I can see a future where Lumpini park and others are being filled with people sleeping on the grass and benches with homeless tent cities set up as transitional housing.....not looking like the Government will not be taking more loans, or using some of the cash reserves, if they don't, well then my view is that Thailand will be in the toilet.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s public debt will not exceed the 60% ceiling rate by 2025

That is the sort of statement that really bothers me - if they are trying to convince people - I am not convinced 

I have studied the crash of 1997 - "add your comment here"

• Like 1