What Song Reminds You of Thailand?

Neeranam

7 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I’m sure everyone can find a song in here relating to their times in Thailand from:        BA – NANA – RAMA:

A Trick Of The Night

Ain't No Cure

Another Lover

Bad For Me

Blue Skies

Boom

Boy Trouble

Cheers Then

Crazy

Cruel Summer

Dance With A Stranger

Do Not Disturb

Doctor Love

Don't Stop Me Now

Don't Throw It All Away

Dream Baby

Ecstasy

Girl About Town

Give In To Me

Give It All Up For Love

Got A Thing For You

He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'

Heartless

Help!

Hey Young London

Hooked On Love

Hot Line To Heaven

I Can't Help It

I Can't Let You Go

I Could Be Persuaded

I Don't Care

I Found Love

I Heard A Rumour

I Want You Back

I'm Waiting

If

If You Love Me

In A Perfect World

Is She Good To You

Is Your Love Strong Enough

Keep Your Hands To Yourself

King Of The Jungle

Let It Be

Live Now

Love Generation

Love In The First Degree

Love Leave Forget

Love, Truth And Honesty

Maybe The Next Time

More More More

More Than Physical

Movin' On

Mr. Sleaze

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

No Feelings

Nothing Lasts Forever

Once In A Lifetime

One In A Million

Only Time Will Tell

Only Your Love

Promised Land

Prove Your Love

Push!

Really Saying Something

Riskin' A Romance

Robert De Niro's Waiting

Rough Justice

Shy Boy

Sleep

Solid Gold, Easy Action

Some Girls

Strike It Rich

Take Me Away

Take Me To Your Heart

The Wild Life

Tripping On Your Love

True Confessions

U R My Baby

Wake Up On Love Me

What A Shambles

What Colour R The Skies Where U Live

What You Gonna Do

Wish You Were Here

You Give Love A Bad Name

You're Never Satisfied

Young At Heart

Your Love It Tastes So Sweet

You forgot IT TAKES A SECOND TO SAY GOODBYE, and EVERY TIME YOU GO AWAY......

not to forget SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO!

• Like 1

I remember taking a cassette to a bar in Bangkok in the 80's and asking the DJ to play it....

One of the songs was Lulu's  "I'M A TIGER".

I actually convinced all the girls in the bar that Lulu was singing "I'M A THAI GIRL".

Fast forward to recent times...  I did the same in THE CACTUS,  only this time it was on a USB stick.

When I'm in Thailand with friends and we happen to go our separate ways for the day..  we always text each other with a song title or a line from a song that is relevant to the message we want to send.

One late afternoon I was having a few wines at the CLOUD 47 ROOFTOP BAR on Silom Rd.

I think I was running late for my next appointment...  I received a text message saying     "...hey, you, get offa that cloud".

GET OF MY CLOUD by the Stones always reminds me of that Silom strip from the Untied Services Bldg to the Dusit Thani corner.

(I'd always have to call in there (the old Dusit Thani) to use the horng nahm before I jumped on the MRT). 

I always remember the line from THICK AS A BRICK....   "the elastic of G-strings......"    when I'd have a late afternoon palate cleanser at the TINA BAR (off) 22.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When I came to Thailand in 1992, the songs that were playing all the time in the go gos were "One Night in Bangkok" and one about "Alice".

On the islands, Bob Marley was always playing but the one that was a hit at the time was the following and always reminds me of when I came here.

What about  you? 

Alice? Who the F is Alice?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The lead singer of Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, a Scot by birth, married a Thai and they had 4 kids.

They travel often in Thailand and narrowly missed being caught up in the Bangkok Shrine bomb.

While on the subject of Mr Barnes, check out his "Soul Deep" album  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_Deep_(Jimmy_Barnes_album)

I've got the 2004 reissue with the bonus live tracks - brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the early 2000's, maybe 2001, a music video called "Backdoor" or Back Door was playing on the TV in my hotel.  I have had NO luck finding it, and I am not sure who performed it, but it was in English.  It was a weird video with a sexy standing woman facing away for a few shots with the focus on her back side, so the nature of the name was not lost on me.  A very-weird dancing creature with rabbit ears would occasionally be crossing the screen.  No, I was not high or drunk.  ????

Anyone else remember it?  The song's real name, its performer, or the year released, and what country?

18 hours ago, Freigeist365 said:

Sadness Pt1 of Enigma was playing when I walked into my very first A-Go-Go after arriving here in 1991 - and I thought that perhaps a Tuk Tuk killed me on the way without me noticing, and that I went straight to heaven ???? I never left ????

I had forgotten about Enigma certainly no connection wth LoS.  Now I will look at return to innocence. Gr8 stuff , thanks.

• Like 1

I can remember some Euro band in the 80's doing a cover of the Grass Roots' 1968 song LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY.

It was played in all the bars and even the non-English speaking girls could sing the words.....  us farang sang it as well. as the words meant something as you sat there on your 8th Kloster staring at the carnal spice rack!

I used to love sitting in many bars near closing time when all the girls started singing Lukthung songs in unison..... BORUK SEE DUM is a song that comes to mind.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

I can remember some Euro band in the 80's doing a cover of the Grass Roots' 1968 song LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY.

It was played in all the bars and even the non-English speaking girls could sing the words.....  us farang sang it as well. as the words meant something as you sat there on your 8th Kloster staring at the carnal spice rack!

I used to love sitting in many bars near closing time when all the girls started singing Lukthung songs in unison..... BORUK SEE DUM is a song that comes to mind.

Yupp, the good ol' days... will they ever return? ????