What Song Reminds You of Thailand?

Neeranam

58 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:

Walking upstairs in to Cleopatra's in Patpong and this was always playing

Abso-bloody-lutely!!!!! ????

Never mind, I've learned better... a long time ago ????

Edited by VBF

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When I came to Thailand in 1992, the songs that were playing all the time in the go gos were "One Night in Bangkok" and one about "Alice".

On the islands, Bob Marley was always playing but the one that was a hit at the time was the following and always reminds me of when I came here.

What about  you? 

The very FIRST time I visited Thailand, was 1985 - sitting in a Gogo in Nana surrounded by all the heavenly creatures who loved me sooooooo much  ????, and hearing Madonna's "Like a virgin" playing over and over.   Oh the delicious irony!

The one about "Alice" is called "Living next door to Alice" and  was originally by Smokie.......

This version's MUCH better! ????????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more from me...This will always remind me of Phuket in the 90s, one Gogo in particular.

It's not about Thailand....but listen to the lyrics if you never have!!!

It introduced me to a band I grew to really love - as a Brit I hadn't heard of them. They do say travel broadens the mind! ????

Edited by VBF

8 hours ago, jvs said:

Not for me(yet) but a lot of people have had this feeling i am sure!

Paul is wearing much nicer suits nowadays.   I always like to see his performance back where it all started.    

• Like 2

Sadness Pt1 of Enigma was playing when I walked into my very first A-Go-Go after arriving here in 1991 - and I thought that perhaps a Tuk Tuk killed me on the way without me noticing, and that I went straight to heaven ???? I never left ????

Edited by Freigeist365

59 minutes ago, rumak said:

Paul is wearing much nicer suits nowadays.   I always like to see his performance back where it all started.    

Yes i watched that many times already,i am following him every now and then.

• Thanks 1

I’m sure everyone can find a song in here relating to their times in Thailand from:        BA – NANA – RAMA:

A Trick Of The Night

Ain't No Cure

Another Lover

Bad For Me

Blue Skies

Boom

Boy Trouble

Cheers Then

Crazy

Cruel Summer

Dance With A Stranger

Do Not Disturb

Doctor Love

Don't Stop Me Now

Don't Throw It All Away

Dream Baby

Ecstasy

Girl About Town

Give In To Me

Give It All Up For Love

Got A Thing For You

He Was Really Sayin' Somethin'

Heartless

Help!

Hey Young London

Hooked On Love

Hot Line To Heaven

I Can't Help It

I Can't Let You Go

I Could Be Persuaded

I Don't Care

I Found Love

I Heard A Rumour

I Want You Back

I'm Waiting

If

If You Love Me

In A Perfect World

Is She Good To You

Is Your Love Strong Enough

Keep Your Hands To Yourself

King Of The Jungle

Let It Be

Live Now

Love Generation

Love In The First Degree

Love Leave Forget

Love, Truth And Honesty

Maybe The Next Time

More More More

More Than Physical

Movin' On

Mr. Sleaze

Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye

No Feelings

Nothing Lasts Forever

Once In A Lifetime

One In A Million

Only Time Will Tell

Only Your Love

Promised Land

Prove Your Love

Push!

Really Saying Something

Riskin' A Romance

Robert De Niro's Waiting

Rough Justice

Shy Boy

Sleep

Solid Gold, Easy Action

Some Girls

Strike It Rich

Take Me Away

Take Me To Your Heart

The Wild Life

Tripping On Your Love

True Confessions

U R My Baby

Wake Up On Love Me

What A Shambles

What Colour R The Skies Where U Live

What You Gonna Do

Wish You Were Here

You Give Love A Bad Name

You're Never Satisfied

Young At Heart

Your Love It Tastes So Sweet

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

When I came to Thailand in 1992, the songs that were playing all the time in the go gos were "One Night in Bangkok" and one about "Alice".

On the islands, Bob Marley was always playing but the one that was a hit at the time was the following and always reminds me of when I came here.

What about  you? 

Great tune

Back in '98 Loso's Som Sarn was ubiquitous, it was blaring out from every street vendor with a sound system and every pub band attempted a version. I mentioned to a young lady that I liked the song and she bought me the album. It worked....the young lady is now my wife.

• Like 2

Blurred lines!

I was sitting in a booth toward the rear of a bar in Soi 6, Pattaya.

Behind me, a guy was getting a BJ by the bar girl who I thought was the prettiest in the place.

The funny part was that the toilets were also at this end of the barroom. Every time someone went to the jazz, the toilet door was opened and the strong light from within washed out over the girl and the BJ recipient.

She was undeterred, and went about her business professionally. Though how he managed to have a happy ending, being so frequently in the spotlight for all to see (including me), I shall never know.

But kudos to him, whoever he was!

In case you were wondering, the song that was belting out in the bar at the same time was "Blurred Lines". It will be one of my all time favourites and reminds me of the night in question whenever I hear it.

Edited by allanos
typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, VBF said:

One more from me...This will always remind me of Phuket in the 90s, one Gogo in particular.

It's not about Thailand....but listen to the lyrics if you never have!!!

It introduced me to a band I grew to really love - as a Brit I hadn't heard of them. They do say travel broadens the mind! ????

The lead singer of Cold Chisel, Jimmy Barnes, a Scot by birth, married a Thai and they had 4 kids.

They travel often in Thailand and narrowly missed being caught up in the Bangkok Shrine bomb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

The crappy stuff they blast out so loud that make your ear drums bleed at 5 am when someone has died or is getting married. 

Or here in NE Village a run down of what’s on sale at the flea market.. Funny 6 of the dogs howked every time it played for

2-3 minutes.. The big speaker reminds of of what a concentration 

camp.. it was on the pole next to us at the unfinished house..

they finished the house and turned it down real low so it has to be quiet to hear it.. like every other day 06:00 A.M..

sorry one night in Bangkok .. or Rep. for company I worked for took 

for drinks with one of ouThai customers.,..  ended st a dance /bar place.. saw what looked like a beautiful lady white tight pants.. 

went up and ask if she wanted to dance.. and in a manly voice sure,,

oh sorry I forgot I n Ed to talk to that guy (customer)before he leaves .. ok thanks that I wasn’t over the top drunk..probably 30 years ago..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bangyai said:

For me this song always makes me think of Thailand. I was stuck in England for two months sorting out some business when this came out. The lyric " everything you want is just a dream away " really made me miss my wife and home here.

I remember hearing this Coldplay song when it first came out for the first time.

I was on my third wine at the Happy Hour (Bar@494) and it was playing faintly in the background... and upon hearing that guitar

riff, it sounded like a Thai song with one of those weird looking Isaan guitars playing. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BostonRob2 said:

Made in Thailand and Tom, Tom, where you go last night.....by Carabao.

Perhaps I am showing my age.

We used to comment back in the 80's that the intro to Carabao sounded like a Jethro Tull song (with that flute).

Also back then...  BOOMERANG by Birdt.

LIKE A VIRGIN by Madonna was played everywhere back then...  the girls would all sing the chorus not knowing the true meaning!

And.....   TARZAN BOY by Baltimora...   played in every bar from the Banana in Phuket to the Spotlight in Chiang Mai, the Marine Bar in Pattaya to the Kings Castle I in Patpong.

• Like 1