Reporting change of address in Buri Ram Province

My wife and I will move from Bangkok to my Thai wife's home in Buri Ram this week.

I know we have to report and have the form etc.

But Buri Ram requires everyone from Bangkok to home quarantine for 14 days at the present time.

We have to report withing 24 hours of arrival to the IO.

Does anyone know if we can send another member of the family who does not live with us to do the report on our behalf?
many thanks for any advice.

19 minutes ago, roiethome said:

My wife and I will move from Bangkok to my Thai wife's home in Buri Ram this week.

Personally I would skip the change of address for the time being. Down the track you can do the TM30. Your allowed to take a 'holiday' in another provence. 

• Like 2

From TATNEWS.ORG

1: Buri Ram

+ Arrivals from the highly controlled areas are to report to the local COVID-19 screening centre and enter a 14-day self-quarantine. Arrivals from other areas will be screened and are required to register with the Thai Chana contact tracing application.     

+ All arrivals from Bangkok and the neighbouring provinces (Chanthaburi, Chon Buri, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, and Samut Songkhram) are required to undergo strict screening procedures, including completing the T. 8 health questionnaire; register via the Mor-Chana contact tracing application; enter a 14-day quarantine either at private residences or accommodation provided by the provincial public health office.   

+ Those who do not want to enter quarantine must undergo a rapid test immediately as instructed by the local health officer. Even if the test result is negative, a 14-day home quarantine is required.    

UbonJoe,

this is the confusing thing, they have not updated the page province by province since 22nd January.

There has been a lot of relaxation but not been reflected in any update.

Guess we will just report as normal and see if they say anything.

I would just do the TM30 and the extension on the same day, no need to waste time going to immigration twice.

As date of moving in you just say "yesterday" (whatever this is then on the day you do it), they have no idea if you actually moved in yesterday or a month ago.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Are you sure that the 14 day self quarantine is still required?

The answer is somewhere in this very clear, self explanatory diagram. And in its infinite wisdom the Government of Buriram has a web site that's made mostly of assemble Jpeg's. Try to run Google translate on that...

But seriously TM30 online works well here. If you have a valid address, and blue book, etc. for were you are going to stay your wife can register right now in the system, and she'll do the first report after you've travelled.

And my understanding is, that if you travel from one of the red provinces, you must self quarantine at home for 14 days. I am not sure whether the 600 Baht rapid test bypass is still acceptable.

flow-64.jpg

Edited by Boomer6969

On 2/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Have you checked the site today. (https://www.tatnews.org/).

I cannot find anything that matches what you posted. It all changed yesterday.

As I discovered that tatnews site isn't as complete as it should be. I'm in a green province and under 14 day quarantine. Local regs with my temp reported to the provincial pandemic monitor daily. 

Just to add, there are local volunteers and police reporting new arrivals to the area covid monitoring teams.

Edited by Farma

As I arrived before TAT news published the new restrictions, I will just stay at home for 14 days, pointless now leaving home to go to hospital for testing.

Yesterday there were no checkpoints on entering Buri Ram Province.

If they are serious about enforcing this surely the checkpoints should be stopping and checking everyone.

Just to rely on peoples honesty is a recipe for disaster.

thanks to everyone for their help.

Update is successfully registered in Buri Ram now.

The IO asked my nephew where is the farang? When told I am staying home for quarantine, the IO said not needed !

Mai Pen Rai.