UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

so much wrong about your comments. Their collective religious bigotry caused the instability, not one thing else. Why do they deserve a break exactly? They are no more than a small troubled part of Ireland that lives in the past struggles of the 1920s, yes of course they should be united with the rest of the Ireland and the sooner the better. They have held the rest of the UK to ransom for far too long. As for the 'troubles', as it was euphemistically termed, if it did  kick off again, then they deserve to be left to stew in their own idiocy. To paraphrase a famous saying ' NI is not worth the life of one Grenadier'. It never was. 

Many in Eire also believe NI should be left well alone.

PH

Just now, bannork said:

They're not that dumb.

They have been talking about it since the VDL debacle 

Here a good example of how important VDL thinks the Irish are

Four Irish MEPs had a slot in the debate to ask her questions directly, one each from Sinn Féin, Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, and the Greens.Unfortunately, by the time the first Irish MEP had the chance to speak, von der Leyen had exited the chamber to give radio and television interviews. This left Sinn Féin’s Chris MacManus addressing an empty chair as “madame president”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/von-der-leyen-turns-abundance-of-irish-concerns-into-democratic-deficit-1.4481500

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bannork said:

Now you're talking.

Yes, talking nonsense, Sir John Curtiss has said that public opinion is showing signs of moving on, oh I do wish that he would tell the faithfull followers of the EU on this forum.

"Writing on the WhatUKthinks website, Sir John said: "Despite the intensity of the Brexit debate in the last four years, we might anticipate that public opinion is now showing signs of moving on.

"But what might ‘moving on’ mean?

"One possibility is that irrespective of whatever view they had when the UK left the EU just over a year ago, most Remain voters now believe that there is little point in questioning a decision that has not only been made but fully executed."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1394181/brexit-latest-news-sir-john-curtice-remainers-leaver-rejoiners-european-union

13 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Many in Eire also believe NI should be left well alone.

PH

I know, no love lost there.  Lived in Kerry for  a year in 1998 and they made it very plain that they didn't want anything to do with NI, We can hardly blame them. 

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Never- freedom from british rule was hard won and won’t be given up. 

Well its  being talked about by the irish on Irish forums

I guess they will decide which is the lesser of two evils

Being part of the EU or Being part of the UK

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Never will the Republic allow itself to be subjugated to british rule again. 

I don't think anyone is talking about the Republic being subjugated to british rule again

what they were disussing is regarding trading partners

which is the lesser of two evils

Being part of the EU or Being part of the UK as a trading partner

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

You said

Not going to happen. 

Being part of the EU or Being part of the UK as a trading partner

I do remember Sean Connery stating if would never play 007 again and then a few years later who played 007 in Never Say Never Again

I will leave it down to the Irish people to decide what is best for themselves

People used to say that the UK would never leave the EU

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Being part of the EU or Being part of the UK as a trading partner

I do remember Sean Connery stating if would never play 007 again and then a few years later who played 007 in Never Say Never Again

I will leave it down to the Irish people to decide what is best for themselves

People used to say that the UK would never leave the EU

You didn’t say trading partner in either of the posts I quoted. 

I am Irish and really don’t see how Scottish actors have any relevance here. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

You didn’t say trading partner in either of the posts I quoted. 

I am Irish and really don’t see how Scottish actors have any relevance here. 

I made the assumption that when I said Irish people are talking about leaving the EU and joining the UK it would be as a trading partner

I don't think anyone in Ireland is talking about being subject to Uk rule again

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I made the assumption that when I said Irish people are talking about leaving the EU and joining the UK it would be as a trading partner

I don't think anyone in Ireland is talking about being subject to Uk rule again

That’s for sure. 

And as I say Eire trades with U.K. as a member of the EU, no reason to change that. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

That’s for sure. 

And as I say Eire trades with U.K. as a member of the EU, no reason to change that. 

Unless the people of the Republic or Ireland choose to leave the EU and trade with the UK 

Edited by vinny41

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Don’t see that happening.

And as I keep pointing out Eire does trade with the uk. 

Like I said its being discussed by Irish people on Irish forums and on Irish social media ever since the VDL debacle