UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

And you expect some consideration from E.U. in other things ? ....????????????

Oh boys you brexiteers must be really happy with this brexit outcome ....venom is dripping out of your joy..????

Learnt it off the antics of the remainers in the last three and a half years,anyway who was it threatening to invoke article16? Just because they screwed up they,re trying to bully the uk,well sorry to say ( for you ) it didn,t work.

5 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Interesting, how much are you offering for they extended grace period? if you add some of your sufferinity back on top of the money, maybe we can talk ???? 

You,ll have my undying gratitude

Edited by kingdong

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Learnt it off the antics of the remainers in the last three and a half years,anyway who was it threatening to invoke article16? Just because they screwed up they,re trying to bully the uk,well sorry to say ( for you ) it didn,t work.

Two weeks before Boris told in HOC. he would not be affraid to do same by tearing up it ....on a intervenrion from "N.I.lovely Irene" ...pot> ketle but from the honorable side ..i guess ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The average UK citizens were in prison ? Now they have their new found freedom to....visit the job center, pay higher prices, enjoy restricted freedom if working or living in Europe, have all future governments with less influence in world politics, obey their American overlords.

It's strange you should use the words "American overlords" in your post. Thanks to many Americans' ultimate sacrifice in Operation Overlord neither my national anthem, nor the French ever changed to "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles". The French, despite their protestations still have Vichy characteristics when dealing with Germany. Weren't they the one's who built tree-lined roads to ensure the German Army marched in the shade?

Germany has always hungered for power in Europe, and with the EU and French help they have it. Thankfully, the UK has 'seen the light' once again!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kingdong said:

????????????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9218971/Boris-Johnson-accuses-EU-casting-doubt-Good-Friday-Agreement.html

Boris Johnson warns the EU he is willing to TEAR UP parts of the Northern Ireland Protocol unless Brussels agrees to ease trade rules after telling Arlene Foster the Government will do 'everything we can' to make the border run smoothly

By Jack Maidment, Deputy Political Editor For Mailonline and Jack Elsom For Mailonline and Jack Wright For Mailonline
08:00 EST 03 Feb 2021 , updated 12:35 EST 03 Feb 

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

You're correct, it's done more discreetly than that, in the name of 'the special relationship'....Blair sucked up to Bush and Boris sucked up Trump, he will have to purse his lips anew for Biden.

Is all this 'sucking up' another strawman argument?

Edited by vogie
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, polpott said:

2nd January GBP/ Euro 1.12, today 1.13. Hardly an implosion. The EU implosion is a figment of your wishful thinking not born out by facts, but when has a Brexiteer been interested in facts over jingoistic rhetoric?

The actual deal was on the cards for weeks before that - again you are being somewhat selective about your quotes - I know it hurts but you just have to move on and take it on the chin 

If you are positive about the EU and the Euro going forward that is entirely up to you, from were I'm looking it isn't looking so good - only time will tell

• Like 1