UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

26 minutes ago, stevenl said:

'In all fairness' blaming the EU for the UK asking an extension. In all fairness this shows how unprepared the UK was and is for its own actions. Trying to blame this on the EU shows there is no self reflection at all.

This is her own circle that is calling her, JC Junker, M Barnier and many others have shown their lack of faith in her, some calling for her resignation, but hey when some people bury their head in the sand some important issues go unnoticed, sometimes you don't see what others see when you are looking for someone else to blame.

Now what is the remainers favourite slogan, it has completely slipped my memory and I'm sure it would have covered the this occassion.

But what's a few Percy Pigs between friends when you can jeopardise the NI protocol.

Bon chance.

Edited by vogie

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

"but when some people bury their head in the sand some important issues go unnoticed,".

Agree, resulting in the accelerated decline of the UK we're seeing right now.

Don't compare Percy Pig with the safety of Ireland please.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Yet another example of how well Brexit and Boris' wonderful 'oven ready' deals aren't going!

Remainer, make sure you don't mention how far ahead the UK is with it's vaccine programme and as for some saying the debackle over vaccine has no consequnces, ask the Prime Ministers of both North and Southern Ireland and Boris.  Von Der Thingummy very nearly lost her job before she did a very smart about face. Credit that she did take full responsibility for the outrageous decision.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Do you have a split personality ?

You were the one talking about Percy pig. Steven NL has not done so. 

No I don't have a split personality and do you dislike the Brits so much you have to insult us in a lot of your posts.

Percy Pig was used as a metaphor, I could just have easily have used 'cheese' or 'ham sandwiches', it was not meant to be taken too literal. The point being that a few selected problems at our borders seems very insignificant to rekindling the troubles in NI. Mrs U v d Leyen has failed at everything she has put her hand to, how she got the top job in Europe was probably not down to her merit, would that be a fair comment Rob?

Sometimes when we dare mention something of a negative nature to some euros on here some might describe it as someone telling the followers of the Rev Jim Jones that he has your welfare at heart.

1 minute ago, Keesters said:

With aspirations of something more sinister.

Why does a trading block require an army? 

Europe needs a co-originated military as the US has shown that they may not be there if needed... Each country still has their own divisions etc, and those army are under the control of the countries, but effectively it becomes NATO jr.  The militaries of Europe have to be ready for the threats that may come in the future (especially on the eastern front).   Again, I would say Europe is more of a Confederation of States...  it is still too tribal to a federal system.

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its not the EU who was wrong its the Brits complaining about something they negotiated and now want to change. For crying out loud that just means your side was stupid. Not the other side. The other side made sure things on their side work. 

Seems more that BJ fails at everything, i mean these are your problems cause by Brexit by a guy who did flip flops all the time. Now if he forgot about this how is the the EU''s doing.

I think Jim Jones is far more apt to compare him to BJ, who asks his followers to swallow a bitter pil that might be the end of the Union. A suicide on the UK. Now that the Scots and more and more Irish want to go. 

Its only a matter of time.

I don't want to get into your daily baiting routine, suffice to say, U v d Leyen makes Boris Johnson look like Nelson Mandela.

Edited by vogie

5 minutes ago, vogie said:

I want want to get into your daily baiting routine, suffice to say, U v d Leyen makes Boris Johnson look like Nelson Mandela.

I would call this an insult to N.Mandela..., no Nobel prize nomination so far for Boris ...unless you have info ? ????????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, smedly said:

I was trying to think of how I could put it into words 

you nailed it

nothing to add 

but we do need to pay a little respect for other members on here that might not be members of the now mighty UK community - we may have people posting here that are not from the UK - can you spot them lol

how is the Euro doing these last few of weeks - it seems to be dropping like a lead balloon - who do we blame for that 

The UK lol

QUOTE: how is the Euro doing these last few of weeks - it seems to be dropping like a lead balloon - who do we blame for that 

Have you checked the pound-euro exchange rate?

No, didn't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

I would call this an insult to N.Mandela..., no Nobel prize nomination so far for Boris ...unless you have info ? ????????

President Trump and BLM have been nominated, I think that says enough about Nobel prize nominees, don't you?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Given this Brexit deal thing was meant to be ‘oven ready’.

Anybody got any ideas why 2023?

What kind of mess must it all be if the UK Government need two years to sort it out?!

we all know 2023 is too soon, more like 2033 ????

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I think the EU should demand all the doses that the UK is stealing from the EU, before entering any kind of BINO extension ????

The UK has inoculated more of its citizens than Germany, France and Spain combined, but to your credit, you are beating Africa.????????

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, vogie said:

President Trump and BLM have been nominated, I think that says enough about Nobel prize nominees, don't you?

Still i dont see not one good reason to compare Boris to Mandela ...

Would Bojo go sit time for his actions or ideas and refusing to abandon his ideas for getting freedom

.....Opportunist first class as he is, he would grab the chance at first offer i am sure ????

• Like 1

Still i dont see not one good reason to compare Boris to Mandela ...

Would Bojo go sit time for his actions or ideas and refusing to abandon his ideas for getting freedom

.....Opportunist first class as he is, he would grab the chance at first offer i am sure ????

Boris the idiot being compared to Mandela the Terrorist, um, tough choice that. I never did buy into the Mandela myth.  Although the white majority rule was abhorrent, Mandela left the country in just as bad a state as he found it. He made no provision for his succession.  That's what happens when you put terrorists in charge.  

Edited by Pilotman

( So now it is not a problem triggering art 16 , just depends on which side does it... ????....????  )

Boris Johnson says he would consider triggering Brexit safeguard clause 

https://www.euronews.com/european-affairs/european-news

Shea Lawrence  •  Updated: 03/02/2021 - 23:42

Boris Johnson refused to rule out triggering Article 16 of the Northern Ireland Protocol in order to prevent checks on goods going from Britain to Northern Ireland.

The move would override trading arrangements that are laid out in the Northern Ireland Protocol to prevent a checks on the Irish border, which was central to Brexit negotiations.

"We will do everything we need to do Mr Speaker, whether legislatively or indeed by invoking Article 16 of the Protocol to ensure that there is no barrier down the Irish Sea," Johnson said in the House of Commons.

more...

The only side that triggered art 16 was the EU, Uvd Leyen has now set a precedence, did she not consult the other 27 nations before deciding on this act of aggression. We were led to believe that the EU was formed to keep peace and not to flick the aggro switch willy nilly, it is like putting Mr Bean in charge of a nucleor bomb.

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1