UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

2 hours ago, bkk_mike said:

Gain?

Where?

Seriously - what exactly is the "gain" of Brexit. Still to hear something other than the sovereignty bull-<deleted>.

They did lower the tax on tampons. That apparently is a genuine gain of Brexit - cheaper tampons... Shame everything else is getting more expensive... - except fish - apparently fish dropped in price by a LOT, so long as you want to eat herring.

Rather eat herring than humble pie,very nice fried with a couple of slices of crusty bread.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

What exactly did they actually do with regards to the vaccine. Oh right, they got criticized and changed course. So corrupt of them to accept valid criticism.

Changed course because when it came to ordering the vaccine they cocked it up,then tried to bully and bluster the uk,when that didn,t work they bottled it,and " changed course ".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Victornoir said:

Here is the problem of exchanges with English, endless negotiations, shattering declarations bordering on insult, final agreement torn from the forceps at the 25th hour ...

And just after signing, request for exception, renegotiation, extension.

I hope that the EU will hold its own this time to make any modification of the agreements conditional on heavy financial compensation.

And i hope the uk holds its own on the vaccine issue and sells there surplus to the highest bidder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please explain to jay vaccines belong to the UK?

The UK buys it’s vaccines from pharmaceutical companies that are not owned by the UK.

We ordered them early while the eu ran around like headless chickens,so they,re now ours,i bought a harley davidson made by an american company and paid cash,so now you,re saying it dosen,t belong to me?

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The UK has its supply contract with private businesses, it has no control at all over those businesses and the growing number of other vaccine producers supplying the EU.

The UK has a supply contract, it does not own any vaccines beyond those in hand. 

If if you take your jingoism glasses off you’ll see the truth of the matter.

The uk put in an order early while france dithered don,t know wording of contract but would assume it was legally binding,france put their order in and were told they would do all they reasonably do to fulfill the order , for whatever reason they couldn,t and france tried to take our supply,its always someone elses fault according to the eu.