UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Temper temper,i didn,t steal your bike.

True, you did not steel my bike.

But you ruined my belief in the possibility of intelligent discussions about Brexit.

And in the possibility to apply the same punctuation on this forum.

Just a small suggestion, so that your post could become readable instead of barely decryptable:

Replace "Temper temper,i didn,t steal your bike." by "Temper, temper. I didn't steal your bike".

Or better even: Think of a better reply.

you,reWelcome.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

True, you did not steel my bike.

But you ruined my belief in the possibility of intelligent discussions about Brexit.

And in the possibility to apply the same punctuation on this forum.

Just a small suggestion, so that your post could become readable instead of barely decryptable:

Replace "Temper temper,i didn,t steal your bike." by "Temper, temper. I didn't steal your bike".

Or better even: Think of a better reply.

you,reWelcome.

I place as much effort into the content presentation in replying to one of your posts as i do in leaving a note for the milkman.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

I place as much effort into the content presentation in replying to one of your posts as i do in leaving a note for the milkman.

Don't flatter yourself.

ALL your post are written like that.

It would be a sign of respect to other posters if you would use proper punctuation.

Note for the milkman? Does the milkman not deserve respect? Soon you might sing

that Herman's Hermits song......

Edited by oldhippy
  • Sad 2

Just now, oldhippy said:

Don't flatter yourself.

It would be a sign of respect to other posters if you would use proper punctuation.

that Herman Hermits song......

The only possibllity of bad punctuation was i should have used a capital letter instead of lower case for the letter I, Is that the best you can do?and as for my milkman,no i haven,t got any respect for him,hes a pig ignorant slag.

5 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Don't flatter yourself.

that Herman Hermits song......

All your post are written like that? Out of respect for other posters shouldn,t you try writing posts they can understand?

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 1:54 PM, placeholder said:

A "tantrum" that had no practical consequences? What damage did the UK suffer as a result? More like a contrived gambit to obscure the ill-preparedness of the UK govt.

Well that hardly explains the reaction of many eurocrats to the delay in the vaccine rollout and the commisions NI blunder .

The Germans in particular have been scathing and it takes something pretty special to unite Tories , Labour , SNP , Sinn Fein , Dublin and the Unionists !!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not really as most Brexiteers are not that bright as they still don't want to admit that their leaders have screwed up. Promises have not been kept and project fear is project realism. 

The most intelligent Brexiteers are those that turned remainder. Its never to late to change an opinion.

Actually Project Fear was a million job losses, house prices crashing, no medicine, GDP down 10%, mass outbreaks of super gonnorhea etc. none of which has happened.

Project Fear wasn't about normal teething problems like we've been having. Brexiteers were well aware that there would be some short term difficulties and we made an informed decision that it was a price worth paying to be free of the corrupt mess that is the EU. 

I have no regrets whatsoever. In fact we have tangible benefits in the vaccine rollout much sooner than I had anticipated. I'm delighted with the result. It seems the "Remainders" as you call them (which is quite fitting actually as they do seem to have only a fraction of the intelligence of Leavers) who seem angry. I'm sat back chilling and smoking a fat cigar.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Your funny, really funny. I mean calling a 2 year grace periode. I mean 2 year long teething problems.. That is not teething. That is structural.

If the really insist on that ..., E.U. should make the only counter offer to get a full paid extension until 2023 ..... as Boris like more   "would go lie in a ditch " as he said ..... they quickly would " back of " from this ridiculous for ever postponing "wonderful" (?) brexit grace request ...????

E.U. is prepared for this brexit  , U.K. not and dragging feet , hoping to get more out of negotiations ...their problem , not our E.U. one 

Barnier pointed out from beginning this all trade could not be done all in such short timeframe 

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Your funny, really funny. I mean calling a 2 year grace periode. I mean 2 year long teething problems.. That is not teething. That is structural.

It took us 4 years to actually implement what we voted for, which was leaving the EU, so time to sort the loose ends out is no big deal to the now free country. :clap2:

It's a bit different for you, as you told us your country needed the EU, which is great..:thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Take those blinkers off and read / listen to the news, and you'll find out.

For instance, since you asked, and let's see if you can take the facts with more grace than a certain 49'r, Cadbury's are moving their production of Dairy Milk products from Germany to UK along with a £15M investment and further investment in modernisation of the UK production plants.

But don't let a bit of good news spoil your sulking and pessimists pity party...

I hope HP sauce follows suit....:stoner:.....:thumbsup:

• Haha 1