UK asks EU for Brexit grace period extension to 2023, BBC reports

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So you just confirmed what I wrote, that the EU negotiated those deals, then why do you need to get so agitated? There’s nothing wrong with copying the great work of others, so chill. 

I would love to hear your analysis. 

Try Google, it can be very helpful ....:thumbsup:

On 2/4/2021 at 5:24 AM, Victornoir said:

And just after signing, request for exception, renegotiation, extension.

We'll still probably be waiting that 2 years to 2023 for the EU to ratify it, considering the pace they do business....

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Don't flatter yourself.

ALL your post are written like that.

It would be a sign of respect to other posters if you would use proper punctuation.

Note for the milkman? Does the milkman not deserve respect? Soon you might sing

that Herman's Hermits song......

BEWARE:: Grammar police ...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That is undoubtedly true right now.  In time, however, it seems inevitable that a new generation of politicians will realise the folly of the Brexit years and we will re-join (the Euro too).  To remain isolated will be national suicide.  

I haven't got one of those chap....????

crystal.jpg.6a797e1c8cec38dcffccef8dfabb8271.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

That is undoubtedly true right now.  In time, however, it seems inevitable that a new generation of politicians will realise the folly of the Brexit years and we will re-join (the Euro too).  To remain isolated will be national suicide.  

Again only your opinion, my opinion is that there won't be an EU to rejoin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

Still deluded... How many times do you need reminding, or does it never sink in?

Those deals are as much our deals since, lest you forgot, we were part of the EU when they were negotiated. Furthermore, the new deals are not a complete replica / cut and paste.

Got it now? Or do we need to keep repeating it for the next 100's of Brexit related posts.... ????

Nice to see you acknowledging that the EU trade deals have been designed taking into account UK's best interest! ????

Some deals may not be simply cut and paste (they are often shorter versions) but the content is not significantly different, and sometimes a bit worse (Japan deal). For the time being, freedom of negotiating agreements has not brought additional benefits. "Same same before"!

Edited by candide
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, candide said:

For the time being, freedom of negotiating agreements has not brought additional benefits. "Same same before"!

Really! So you've read them all and analysed them to boot - I'm impressed...

With your superior knowledge, I beg you avail us mere mortals of the terms of the 68 trade deals completed.

I won't hold my breath... ????

Edited by Tofer
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, candide said:

Nice to see you acknowledging that the EU trade deals have been designed taking into account UK's best interest! ????

No, they were designed taking into account the EU's protectionist interests, big difference....

But you do at least acknowledge they were the UK's, and not only the EU's.

Edited by Tofer

44 minutes ago, candide said:

They are not called rollover deals and continuity deals for no reason! ???? Even the UK parliament calls them rollover and continuity deals.

You don't hold your breath and you are wrong! I have linked sources in previous posts, I.e. 

As a result of the above agreements, trade with a significant number of countries will largely continue on similar terms to those in effect prior to the UK’s exit from the European Union, while trade with countries where a trade agreement has not been reached will continue on WTO terms

https://www.burges-salmon.com/brexit/the-future-of-uk-trade-after-the-ukeu-trade-agreement/

So far, the new agreements are “continuity” or else called “roll-over” agreements, meaning that they seek to reproduce the effect of the agreements between the EU and the partner countries. As such, they are based on a “cut and paste” of the corresponding EU agreement with the term “European Union” being replaced by “United Kingdom” and a host of other consequential technical adjustments, such as, to maintain alignment of the timetables for the phasing in of tariff reductions and adjusting the governance arrangements.

https://hsfnotes.com/brexit/2020/12/11/the-uks-roll-over-free-trade-agreements-current-state-of-play/

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7792/CBP-7792.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwixhde7p9LuAhWw4YUKHWtSDKwQFjABegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw15aYipu0cDDkli28nkNNkB

Will you produce an analysis supporting your point, I.e. using reliable sources? I won't hold my breath! You'll come up with the usual reflections.

So you're just parroting the articles which, by the way, emphasise my point, that the trade deals are not identical, as you highlighted - "substantially" and "broadly equivalent", would confirm.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

I hope HP sauce follows suit....:stoner:.....:thumbsup:

It already has moved to the EU 

"In May 2006, Heinz announced plans to switch production of HP Sauce from Aston in Birmingham to its European sauces facility in Elst, Netherlands"

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tebee said:

It already has moved to the EU 

"In May 2006, Heinz announced plans to switch production of HP Sauce from Aston in Birmingham to its European sauces facility in Elst, Netherlands"

I know, I asked for it to return to the UK, as Cadbury's has....????

PS. At least we know the HP sauce move had nothing to do with Brexit eh....????