Report abandoned vehicles in Bangkok - get half the fine!

webfact

Report abandoned vehicles in Bangkok - get half the fine!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sawe Na

Work continues to remove hundreds of abandoned cars from the streets of the Thai capital Bangkok.

Deputy governor Sakonthee Phatthiyakul was out yesterday examining operations after 860 vehicles were identified.

Most of these have now been removed to several storage lots, some by the owners themselves after 15 day action notices were attached to them. 

They will be stored for about five or six months until they are either reclaimed by the owners or sold off. 

The last 57 will be removed from the streets by the end of February reported Naew Na.

However if any more are reported by the public they can claim half the fine that results from their removal.

Do that by reporting directly to the tessakit or calling 02 465 6644, going to www.bangkok.go.th/reward, Line @ ebn6703w or Facebook. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-05

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

the public they can claim half the fine that results from their removal.

Half of nothing is still nothing, but hey thanks.  Just remove them and crush them if they were not stolen and dumped.

• Like 2

Ha ha ha ha....when Iived near the Talat Phlu BTS station...several old cars and a cab were left there to rot, right next to the escalator for the station. 2 years later when I moved out they were still there....when there was a celebration for the Queen at that time, they brought in street cleaners and hosed everything down including the cars.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, webfact said:

However if any more are reported by the public they can claim half the fine that results from their removal.

The only problem with this is that the fine actually has to be paid .

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

So someone abandons a vehicle, signalling they no longer want it, but will happily fess up and pay a fine, on useless said vehicle....sounds like a plan ????

But perhaps the man is saying if you report the abandoned vehicle you get a cash payment of half the published fine amount regardless of whether the fine is ever paid.

Great ethics re the use of taxpayers funds. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"OK everybody, you know the drill. Look like you are important and working. Somebody point at something and act like you know what you are doing. Hey you, don't look in the camera. OK say cheese. That's it, what's for lunch?" 

2pm.jpg.36193a71c9c819591ead19b9bb3c7dd7.jpg

Cop-" As you can see we have seen this vehicle here for many years, and it is an eyesore and will be impounded"..

White Shirt Dude-" Wait-what?!!!..that 95 Honda????....Thats MY car!!!!...How do you expect me to have  nice one like you guys have due to tea money

when all Im getting is 10k baht a month slogging here for over a decade!!??"

I can see an increase in stolen cars...   

- Steal

- Strip

- Dump

- Report (the car they just dumped)

- Collect $B$ 

a car woth complete @ say 100000

- achieves at least that much more via Craigslist etc

- and then the half-its-worth via the Claim

= a total sum of much more than the wreck was worth pre-theft

I like the "old" classic cars that are hiding around BKK , 

cars from the 60s -70s...... models of Japanese cars that never made it to the west , 

I know someone who exported an old Datsun 510...

It always gives me something to look for when taking a taxi across the city !

Save the Bangers  55555