Thailand reports significant drop in COVID-19 infections

webfact

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

News this morning: Military prepares 100,000 field hospital beds 

It would appear there is now a potential new " Hotspot " in the Western regions of BKK.( no surprise to me on that one )

At least 5 Districts have been put into the Red Zone now.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 11:03 AM, internationalism said:

in the fishing industry in this province works 300k people, the majority burmese. They do also work in many other industries. There might be around 300k. 

Thanks for the explanation, I hadn't realised there were so many.

16 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The whole vaccine race has now turned into a political football, as greedy middle men and drug companies fight for contracts, and government politicians are being manipulated by big-pharma billionaires, that means you don't matter a toss. 

And you're claiming that on the basis of the argument between Astra Zeneca and the EU? That wasn't a political matter - it was contractual and about planning for both the manufacturer and the customer. The fact was that the EU ordered their supplies from AZ 3 months after the UK.  The immunisation achieved by the AZ vaccine is reached after 2 doses so in supplying any customer with vaccine, the manufacturer has to take account of the second dose - otherwise the first dose is far less effective.  At the time the EU was arguing with AZ, they hadn't even approved the vaccine - how on earth can a supplier base their allocations on 'maybe' orders?

I believe matters would have been reversed had the UK ordered 3 months after the EU but I doubt we'd have been whinging about it.  The only part of the matter that was political was in relation to the UK leaving the EU.

Where's your evidence of 'greedy middlemen and drug companies'? That's a very easy thing to say and I have no doubt, people will agree with you but you should provide evidence when making such sweeping claims.

Edited by KhaoYai