Thailand reports significant drop in COVID-19 infections

webfact

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And in a Bangkok Newspaper this Morning, ( Article - " Factory Staff to be monitored " )there was an article that was saying how expensive all the testing was becoming for the Government, and that cheaper ways had to be found to test all these people.

They have only been testing 10,000 per day at a published price between 2,000 -3,000 Baht per test, in the West, Countries are testing 10 times these numbers every Day.

Now the CCSAA are bitching about having to continue with 2000 tests per Day, saying a comprimise has to be sought between mass testing and costs.

I find this response by the Thai Authorities to the Covid situation far worse than any words I can put together

That really says it all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And in a Bangkok Newspaper this Morning, ( Article - " Factory Staff to be monitored " )there was an article that was saying how expensive all the testing was becoming for the Government, and that cheaper ways had to be found to test all these people.

They have only been testing 10,000 per day at a published price between 2,000 -3,000 Baht per test, in the West, Countries are testing 10 times these numbers every Day.

Now the CCSAA are bitching about having to continue with 2000 tests per Day, saying a comprimise has to be sought between mass testing and costs.

I find this response by the Thai Authorities to the Covid situation far worse than any words I can put together

Couldn't the workers be tested on entering the factory . When I enter 7/11, super shopping malls one is tested. Even at the local rural market people are tested. Temperature testing ,hand sanitized. The market has a ribbon around it allowing for one passage way in to it.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

There are possibly Thousands of people in Thailand as you describe.

They will not go to the Hospital unless they are really, really sick, because they will be admitted and have to undergo Quarantine Etc Etc Etc and be parted from their Families and Work.

I am not at all sure how the Thai Walk ins stand about having to pay for Testing/ Medical Attention / Quarantine Etc.

Somebody will inform us for sure.

All walk-ins who have reason to be tested are tested for free, even in private hospitals. When a doctor wants to perform a test, they contact a central data system for an id code. Even the hospital does not pay.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

so today 525, the last few days over 800.

for the last month figures are 200-900.

with the coming wave of burmese escaping marshal law there well might be hundreds of thousands illegal immigrants, from which some 10% positive. There won't be tested and quarantined on entry, exactly as those, who came to samut sakhon in the autumn.  But now it can be on a larger scale

@internationalism   doom monger. you should get a job with the WHO

Edited by paulikens
  • Thanks 1