Multiple Entry Non - O

Hi! 

I have a multiple entry non - O based on marriage. I entered on December 20. I think I am stamped until March 20th. The reason I say think is because I just lost my passport. It's an Irish passport and with covid at level 5 there I fear the new passport won't arrive in time. I have reported it lost at the local police station. I have copies of the visa and passport. Can immigration tell me when I was most likely stamped until? What is the extension process for multiple entry visa? I can't leave the country and return. So what happens when the first stamp date arrives? What is the process presently. Can immigration help me if my new document doesn't arrive before the first date stamp? Again I thought the Stam was only 2 months, then 1900 to extend, but that's the single entry tourist process I believe. I seem to recall the date being 3 months from entry (December 20th)

Damien. 

You 90 day entry from a non-o visa would be until March 19th since the first day is counted in the 90 days.

You need to apply for a replacement as soon as possible. Info is here on the embassy website. https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/thailand/passports/

And for a lost passport. https://www.dfa.ie/passports/lost-stolen-damaged

Cheers. The Dat for issuance is Tuesday 9th. I applied online. What is the process once I get the new passport and go to immigration on 19th March? 

Multiple entry non - O

I received it in Kuwait and was not asked to produce any documents pertaining to my financial situation. They surely won't expect me to produce all the documents again? 

Damien 

9 minutes ago, Damien Harvey said:

What is the process once I get the new passport and go to immigration on 19th March? 

They will reinstate your entry stamp. You will need a copy of the police report.

Your visa is lost with the passport.

Best to do it prior to the 19 incase you are missing some required documents.

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension or a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Best to get the covid 19 extension since your can only for the one to visit your wife once per entry.

You can also apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income.

I had a similar situation some years ago.  My passport was stolen and I was on a multiple non-O.  When I got my replacement passport I went to immigration (Jomtien) but they weren't interested in doing anything.  Told me to go to the airport, which I did and went to Singapore for a day trip.  The IO at BKK departure wrote all the details in my new passport but the old visa was lost and could not be reinstated.  I went back to the UK to get a new one.  None of this is so easy these days, hopefully immigration will be helpful somehow.

7 minutes ago, Damien Harvey said:

But I have a valid multiple entry non O. I won't lose that surely? It's valid for another 12 months. My embassy said they request the transfer into the new passport. Once transferred I can continue to use it? Right? 

A visa cannot be transferred or be reinstated. When you lost your passport your visa was lost as well.

10 minutes ago, Damien Harvey said:

But I have a valid multiple entry non O. I won't lose that surely? It's valid for another 12 months. My embassy said they request the transfer into the new passport. Once transferred I can continue to use it? Right? 

I was in the exact same situation.  The visa is gone.

Archived