Non-O visa, general health insurance required after all

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only needed to apply for a non-o visa at embassy and consulates to get a COE. IMO they did it to try and encourage people to get a OA visa instead.

It's actually in reference to those on existing extensions of stay based on retirement and using a valid re-entry permit to re-enter Thailand. The 400/40K Health Insurance must cover any remaining period of stay they may be entitled to on re-entry.

"Those with existing re-entry permit marked "Retirement" issued before 11 November 2020 by the Thai Immigration Office are required to purchase additional health insurance policy and upload it on the COE application platform during the final approval (Confirmation) stage.

36 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's actually in reference to those on existing extensions of stay based on retirement and using a valid re-entry permit to re-enter Thailand. The 400/40K Health Insurance must cover any remaining period of stay they may be entitled to on re-entry.

Another website states this.

"( If you already have a valid visa/re-entry permit, please request the Certificate of Entry – COE at https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/ )"

And no mention of it being needed if on a extension of non-o visa entry.

6 hours ago, PaulDee said:

By all means get coverage, but do it for yourself because it's the wise thing to do.

I know it is wise to be insured no matter what. But I have Cigna world coverage for life from my ex-employer and what infuriates me is this my 1st rate insurance getting rejected by the Thai burocracy to force me to buy their Mickey Mouse policies.

100000 USD my foot. I'm covered for millions if it comes to that, but not in the infantile terms those Thai policies are framed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. Anyway I'm trying to get my CEO application through and it is not working (page keeps churning after I click "save"). I had someone on the phone asking if I'd clicked the upload buttons, and which browser I was using etc. Then after it was clear everything was ok on my side he said there was some computer problem in Thailand and they were trying to fix it. I've already spent 8000 Baht on an insurance and if the embassy can't certify my CEO was rejected that's money down the drain. If the server is not able to acknowledge an initial application for a CEO, how are they going to settle a flight change in last minute?

I am very close to throwing in the sponge.

Like others mentioned before, I too have great health insurance with world wide coverage from a western company via my previous employer, yet they wouldn't jump through the Thai hoops and issue a certificate outlining all the minimums required to get the COE.  I bought a cheap travel policy that covers the COVID requirement and others for the length of original entry (90 days), then let it expire (unless you plan to come in and out of the country over the next year or so while this COVID mess is still happening).   That's what I did and had no issues. 

BTW: my wife sells health insurance here in Thailand for Allianz Ayudhya and the travel policy was still a cheaper/better option.  But if you want, hit me up with your email and I'll have here communicate with you for a quote.  

I now realise I have the needed coverage. I thought I hadn't since what I went for was a "Covid insurance", but here it is. Cost me just above 8000 Baht. 

My COE registration got through after I mailed the embassy and they sent me a 6-digit code by mail. I'd tried about 15 times online before that but I never got to the stage where my registration was acknowledged. The page kept churning endlessly after I hit the "Save" button. Felt like the server was overloaded. That would suggest many people are applying for a CEO instead of just a handful.

Insurance.jpeg