Woman shocked by 500THB pad kapow at Koh Chang resort, fearful of defamation laws

webfact

2 hours ago, Bangyai said:

No. Over rice is usually cheaper because there is less meat involved. Separate on a plate should have enough portions to feed more than one person. Example, if not eating alone ,  you order 2 plates of rice and a few different dishes to go with the rice.

I thought it was the same thing but not very conversant with what seems to be US terminology.

'With' and 'over' seem synonymous to me.  Live and learn eh?

That bill for very ordinary food is exorbitant.

I was on Koh Lanta for the last week of January and was lucky enough to find a great French-Thai restaurant open - here's their menu and worth every baht.

Excellent quality food and served promptly.  We went four times, it was that good.  The Penang barracuda and duck breast curries were excellent and the tarte au citron and the part-cooked tarte au chocolat were out of this world.  

We also had the Thai beef salad and the squid as well as the whole fish.  Everything spot on.

PM me for the name if ever you want to go.

IMG_5188.JPG

Edited by Mister Fixit
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ben2talk said:

Wow, we expect to pay over the odds, but this is a real kick in the nuts... maybe 100 per dish is okay for an over-priced resort.

I never order without prices up front - especially in holiday areas - never be scared to lose face or look cheap. It's worse if you ate the food before you saw the bill...

Once in the city I was served food so bad it wasn't edible, and my companion at the time (back in about 2002) said 'You can't do that, you ordered the food!' as I walked out without paying or eating.

Hell of lots traps on tourist sites 

17 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Unlikely to be a high class resort - look at the picture, it was served on a plastic plate and looks like it had cling film attached to it. 250 baht is criminal (IMO) for a simple pork & basil dish that's usually 40 baht.

In this case, the restaurant is at fault for not providing a menu with listed prices (so that customers can see before ordering).

The other side of the equation, is the customer could have just asked the staff what the prices are if none were listed.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Always Lit said:

In this case, the restaurant is at fault for not providing a menu with listed prices (so that customers can see before ordering).

Do we know where were no prices on the menu? Assume nothing here.

• Like 1

I have actually got up and walked out, especially here in the tourist areas of Phuket, one day I'd been doing a bit of running around and I was on my way home going through Kata was feeling a little hungry so I pulled off the main drag into a side street and find a little shop house Thai place chicken fried rice would be good enough.

She gave me the menu 220 baht for chicken fried rice, now I speak Thai to her, Im going back some years ago now, I just got up and walked out. drive a few km's near home get for 50 baht.

• Thanks 1