Thai health officials skeptical about vaccine passports

snoop1130

4 hours ago, realfunster said:

I think we should count our blessings that we are in a country with a low level of infections and deaths and limited impacts on day to day life.

Tell that to the millions of Thais left unemployed and the tens of thousands of small business owners that rely on tourism for income.

I'm sure they will be overjoyed to hear that it has only has a limited impact on their day to day lives. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bluesea said:

THe Book in the photo International  Certificate Vaccine is recognised Worldwide and is issued by WHO at the Snake Farm in Bangkok.

The Snake Farm offer many Vaccines at a very very affordable price.

It's the Thai Red Cross building next to the snake farm on Lumphini in Bangkok. 

Cheapest yellow fever vaccinations for travelling to Africa, private hospitals will rip you a new one for those vacs.

On 2/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, flyingtlger said:

Sounds like there may be a little collusion between health officials and the hotels that provide the ASQ?

Yeah..they will start accept vaccineserificate rigth away when the chinese start coming.

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

How about a stamp into the traveller‘s passport by the passport issuing agency instead? One booklet less and definitely more secure than those booklets - specially in a country of c(o)unterfeits like .....

For expats would that mean returning to your home country, and then spending an enormous amount of time and money trying to return to Thailand?

What is the problem with self-quarantine? 

– It’s enforceable by both manual and modern means.
– It has an immediate impact on the economy with a limited danger of spreading of the virus.
– It can be rolled out to select groups: the Retired, Employed, Educator, etc.
– It’s a Win/Win for the Government, the unemployed locals and the disgruntled foreigner.

I have not heard a legitimate objection or discussion. This should be questioned, analyzed, addressed.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, anchadian said:

If this vaccination passport is not adopted, travelers will still need to do the 14 days quarantine.

Again, it's all about money. 

No, it's not. Other countries have also come to understanding that the vaccine is not magical and vaccinated people can still spread the virus and require quarantine

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

There already exists a World Health Organization approved vaccination booklet that was accepted by countries around the world as proof of vaccination against such things as Yellow Fever and Cholera and as a record of other vaccinations. Why it cannot be amended and employed to include recognized Covid-19 vaccinations remains a mystery.

As to evidence of tiny grains of intelligence demonstrated in reaction to the pandemic, Thailand has been way ahead of some major players in Farang Utopia world in terms of intelligence.

D97080B3-5677-40CC-9A7D-2DC41FF0EDAA.jpeg.1b623d62d297da2475ead53d2eac5b5d.jpeg

I have one too. White color cards are handed out in USA for now for covid injections. Good for recording information for yourself and your MD. Already being faked as well as covid-19 test certificates.

Not instilling enough confidence to help return to large scale international mobility travel passports being developed by IATA have nothing to do with a bit of paper or easily faked rubber stamps and stickers.

https://www.iata.org/en/programs/passenger/travel-pass/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So even being chipped wouldn't work, I mean every shop has a bar code scanner, just bar code each and  .  I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection of Tattoos, as long as I get a royalty payment.

Traces of sarcasm and a lack of judgement went into this post and I have not even had a drink yet

If anywhere in Khao San Road is still open, they've probably already started 'chipping' people - 500 Baht!????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

I thought the manufacturers had admitted that the vaccines do not stop one from getting Covid or transmitting it, just reduces the severity of the illness. So having the jab means nothing if you visit an unvaccinated country.

Not exactly right.

The vaccines do protect against illness which is what the trials were designed to test.

Whether they prevent transmission is unknown for most of them because the trials did not test for this.

I believe only AstroZeneca/Oxford has tested for preventing transmission and seems to provide some protection.

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

the human body already started to evolve against covid that's why less people are dying nowadays not because of the vaccine because before the vaccine the nr's went down already .

Also, a guy got bit by a radioactive spider and now he can spin sticky webby stuff and climb buildings and swing around real cool and fight crime.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, stigar said:

im surprised of some postings here...seems alot of medical eksperts..pls apply for a job in WHO!!!

I think you are on the wrong website....  you perhaps need the news on a site which isn’t designed for people to voice their opinions and post comments. 

Just incase you are confused - this site is specifically designed for discussion and opinion - many people have dumb comments, many people have excellent comments -

Hope the thai authorities will not fall for this absurdity. Quarantine is necessary and will still be necessary for a while longer. Although it could and should be reduced to a 7 days isolation after 3 consecutive negative tests. Ie 72 hrs prior flight, upon arrival and 3 days in. In my view, it would be much preferable and safe to ease the measures gradually, at least until sufficient Thais are vaccinated. People (tourist) mays start responding to that.  But that is only in my view of course. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thetravelbee said:

Hope the thai authorities will not fall for this absurdity. Quarantine is necessary and will still be necessary for a while longer. Although it could and should be reduced to a 7 days isolation after 3 consecutive negative tests. Ie 72 hrs prior flight, upon arrival and 3 days in. In my view, it would be much preferable and safe to ease the measures gradually, at least until sufficient Thais are vaccinated. People (tourist) mays start responding to that.  But that is only in my view of course. 

That is exactly how the Philippines is doing quarantine 7 days.

• Like 1

Thai govt will have to do something once the vaccines start rolling out across the world, otherwise the tourism industry in places like Phuket will suffer even more. I hope they will.  I so much want to return on a Retirement Visa but not while the  quarantine is on and not while not much is open .

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

If this vaccination passport is not adopted, travelers will still need to do the 14 days quarantine.

Again, it's all about money. 

The income from quarantine is only a fraction of percent of the loss of income from the wrecked tourism catastrophe

• Like 1