Marriage Extension Visa Expires April 18 and my flight got Cancelled.

Just got an email from AirCanada saying that our April flight from Bangkok to Houston was cancelled due to new Canadian Covid restrictions. They will not restart flights until some time in May. My problem is that my Visa Extension (Thai child) expires in April. 

Is there some simple short term Visa extension I can do to stay an extra 1 or 2 months until AirCanada has flights again? (I have to fly with AirCanada because I don't want to have over $3K in credits stuck with AirCanada)

I don't want to do the 1 year extension because I don't have the required seasoning or 400k baht in Thaibank.

I am under 50 and is a US national.

Is there some simple short minimal requirements visa extension available?

Thanks!

Edited by phungo

You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your Thai wife unless you have applied for one since you last entry with a visa.

Or you could apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension. At this time March 30th is the last day you could apply for one unless they extend the order for them again.

• Like 2

Ahh that's great news thank you!

Previously we used an agent for the Child extension and agent used immigration office not in Bangkok (we are now in Bangkok). Is this an issue? Should we do this 60 day extension ourselves here in Bangkok? 

11 minutes ago, phungo said:

Should we do this 60 day extension ourselves here in Bangkok?

Yes

Just be sure a TM30 report has been done for where you are living.

You will do the application at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes

Just be sure a TM30 report has been done for where you are living.

You will do the application at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

Ah TM30 thank you so much, we would not have thought about that! Our agent has been doing the 90 day report for us in the non bangkok imm office, I guess we need to contact the agent and coordinate this change of location.

4 minutes ago, phungo said:

I guess we need to contact the agent and coordinate this change of location.

You can change your address back to Bangkok by doing a TM30 report. 

The agent should be able to advise you what to do.

• Thanks 1

Ubonjoe will rightly be the unchallenged expert on visas,but regarding your cancelled flights ,rather than hamstrung to Canada air ,if you can’t get them to agree a full refund apply to your card provider (assuming you paid that way) to refund you. Certainly in uk law and many others the card provider is jointly and severally liable under the credit act for goods or services not provided (UK =section 70 consumer credit act) . I recently got a refund from BA for their canceled flight. Do not accept vouchers etc.