Optometrist / Opthalmologist in CM

Badger18

I go to the Eye Clinic on the 12th floor of the Sriphat Medical Centre(turn left out of the lift)

https://goo.gl/maps/nBSXu8pZJzL3vwTt8

You can usually just walk in for a basic eye test, which includes chart reading test, intraocular pressure reading and a slit lamp examination of the eye (including undilated retinal examination) by a doctor. Photos, where relevant are kept on your record for future reference.

Cost is around 600 baht. If anything is found that requires, for example, a dilated examination of the retina, then it is more. I recently had a full examination as above, plus dilated retinal exam including fundus photography and a Laser Tomography scan of the macula for a total of baht 1800 which is very reasonable.

If you just drop in, then you will get whichever doctor is on duty. I am being seen by Dr Preeyanuch Khunsongkiet and I am very satisfied with the service.

Phone number for Eye Dept appointments is 053-936948, but you will need to be registered at Sriphat for that. If you are not registered, you can do it in the big office that also houses  the pharmacy and cashiers downstairs, or at the reception desk on the right as you come out of the lift on floor 12.

• Like 1