Georgia launches criminal probe into Trump efforts to overturn 2020 election result - letter

webfact

21 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Proof not found of either, did you miss the 60 odd court losses?

Not sure I follow you.  The 60 odd court cases that I am aware of were brought by Trump [supporters] alleging election interference on behalf of the Democrats.

What I am referring to is Trump's call to Georgia official trying to solicit election interference to benefit Trump.

Am I missing something?

Edited by onthedarkside
name calling reference removed
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

What am I defending? Just merely pointing out that the lefts new SOP is to use the justice system to go after political enemies. Hell of a precedent being set that surely is going to be used in return when the other party is in power. 

What about the rights 60 failed lawsuits to over turn the election?  SOP for the nutters on the right.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

There are none.  Whether convicted or not by the Senate, it is up to the judicial system to decide if Trump should be prosecuted for breaking the law.

He can be barred from holding public office henceforth, so could not even run dogcatcher at his wonderous resort

• Like 2

If he gets convicted in Georgia is it going to be like Cool Hand Luke?

"I'm shaking that bush Boss!"

Actually, in the movie one of the convicts was a New York flim-flam man, so even there he's not original.

Due to his age and poor health he could end his days in prison, like Al Capone.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bendejo said:

If he gets convicted in Georgia is it going to be like Cool Hand Luke?

"I'm shaking that bush Boss!"

Actually, in the movie one of the convicts was a New York flim-flam man, so even there he's not original.

Due to his age and poor health he could end his days in prison, like Al Capone.

Prison is not nice but the disgraced twice impeached Mr. trump may be forced to leave Mar a Lago so at least it would be a cot and three.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's an odd answer.

I wasn't talking about impeachment.

That trial is in progress and even if convicted carries no prison time.

I was only talking about the potential charges in Georgia about the phone call. 

I did look this up and indeed there are three potential  specific Georgia legal code charges  Two are potential felonies. What I wanted to know is what are the prison time sentencing ranges for the specific charges he may face in Georgia.  Anyway its obvious that his liberty is in.jeopardy as he has legal exposure in Georgia, New York,  and potential federal issues with tax fraud  and more.

Sorry, I had impeachment on my mind when I replied.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Many pro Trump supporters have a tough time with facts. Luckily, conspiracy theories are not allowed here. And thus, these members have moved on to places like Parler where they can spew lies freely.

Congrats to the mods for keeping this forum free from "alternative facts".

Parler got shut down just like the former president's Twitter account. The big ol' rock that was hiding the vermin got moved and now they're scurrying around, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

• Haha 1