Ur not Chinese!!!

Big Nose

36 minutes ago, Big Nose said:

Been woken up by firecrackers at 6.30am and Thai's worshipping their vehicles whilst leaving the engine running, when will they realise they are Thai not Chinese?? 

Firecrackers are not exclusive to "Chinese". Obviously you have  not seen the  obnoxious farangs  who set them off all over Phuket. Their excuse is that they are just having "fun". Very annoying at 3 Am when you have to get up at 8 AM for work.

you always know the Chinese immigrant families because of their long surnames. They were so disliked by ethnic Thai Civil servants that when emigrated here they were given unusually long names.

On a separate note my delusional wife follows Buddhism , Hinduism,  and Chinese religions . . They are solely responsible for her success! her ability has absolutely nothing to do with it. Her response to my baiting her is that every thing in my life is an accident. She then gets a big sloppy accidental ???? kiss in front of her customers to the statement that I gave up my invisible friends when I was a child but I love you anyway. This without fail makes her blush and give me death stares l ????????????????????????  I'm so lucky she does not possess super woman's powers ???? ???? ???? ???? 

Edited by uncleP
kryptonite
  • Haha 2

Hat Yai has a large ethnic Chinese community, there are Chinese temples and shrines all over the place. Hokkien, Hakka, and Teochew dialects are spoken in Hat Yai and there are numerous Chinese charitable organisations and cultural associations. Many shops display their names in both Thai and Chinese. So unsurprisingly you'll hear plenty of firecrackers in Hat Yai at Chinese new year.

16 minutes ago, uncleP said:

you always know the Chinese immigrant families because of their long surnames. They were so disliked by ethnic Thai Civil servants that when emigrated here they were given unusually long names.

On a separate note my delusional wife follows Buddhism , Hinduism,  and Chinese religions . . They are solely responsible for her success! her ability has absolutely nothing to do with it. Her response to my baiting her is that every thing in my life is an accident. She then gets a big sloppy accidental ???? kiss in front of her customers to the statement that I gave up my invisible friends when I was a child but I love you anyway. This without fail makes her blush and give me death stares l ????????????????????????  I'm so lucky she does not possess super woman's powers ???????????????? 

Berating women for their foolish beliefs is pointless.

Best not to listen, and have a happier life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

"Thailand has the largest overseas Chinese community in the world outside Greater China. 11 to 14 percent of Thailand's population are considered ethnic Chinese. The Thai linguist Theraphan Luangthongkum claim the share of those having at least partial Chinese ancestry at about 40 percent of the Thai population.

source

They are taking over the country and they have basically banned the word 'Jek' as it is deemed derogatory, yet other racial words are allowed to exist, farang, kaek etc. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mine is upstairs praying to Kali (incarnation of Buddha) and casting spells.

I don't mind but the chicken blood gets everywhere.

Kali is not an incarnation of Buddha, Kali is much older, did you mean Buddha is an incarnation of Kali?

Just now, Neeranam said:

Kali is not an incarnation of Buddha, Kali is much older, did you mean Buddha is an incarnation of Kali?

I'm just repeating the nonsense spewed by my misses.

would also point out there's plenty of Buddhist temples in Thailand depicting the Hindu gods as incarnations of Buddha.

25 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Yes its also crazy time in malaysia. Im not chinese but i love the celebrations. A few nites of firecrackers going off at all hours is not high on my complaints list.

I'm pretty sure fireworks etc are banned in Malaysia this CNY?

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:
28 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Mine is upstairs praying to Kali (incarnation of Buddha) and casting spells.

I don't mind but the chicken blood gets everywhere.

Her circus, her monkeys no?

• Like 1

Chinese owners of the penthouse directly on the other side of my building from my unit, started burning major amounts of incense this morning.  Started smelling the smoke and thought my building was on fire as the smoke was staring to fill up the hallway outside.  Had to bang on their door and advise them to open up their balcony doors to let the smoke out before the fire alarms and the sprinklers went off.  The old man just stared blankly at me until I pulled him outside of his front door pointed to the smoke coming out of his unit and then where the sprinklers were.  Immediately he understood, ran back inside yelling and the doors were opened up and the smoke evacuated.  How some people can live without observing what's going on around them amazes me.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Oversensitive white person with colossal inferiority complex.

All words to describe someone's race become racist. Look at the words used to describe Native Americans, I don't even know the right word nowadays to say this. Look at the words I called people from Asia in the 1970's UK, which at the time were not racist. However, over time a foreign looking people start integrating, we must stop using them. 

Edited by Neeranam

big nose

You're in luck, you don't have a mosque near you.
And there, it's not just once a year, it's several times a day.
You are lucky, you do not live in an Arab quarter, enjoying with joy, ululating, Arabic songs, gunshots, traffic in the wrong direction, at many weddings.
Yes, we get married a lot among Arabs.

Very quiet around where I live, just one lot of fireworks around 2.30 this morning,

next door we have some Thai/Chinese, every year they come around with a box

of oranges ,nowt this year so far, everyone must be cutting back due to state of

the economy.????

regards Worgeordie 

11 minutes ago, sirocco said:

You're in luck, you don't have a mosque near you.
And there, it's not just once a year, it's several times a day.

Hat Yai has it all, firecrackers and the call to prayer.

Nearest mosque to me is 250m away, prayer is six times daily, but you don't hear it after a while, just the ones you listen for. After twelve years in this house I only usually hear the one at sunset which tells me it might be time for a beer.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1