Ur not Chinese!!!

Big Nose

3 hours ago, Big Nose said:

Been woken up by firecrackers at 6.30am and Thai's worshipping their vehicles whilst leaving the engine running, when will they realise they are Thai not Chinese?? 

Awww, diddums. Need a hug?

The merchant class in many Asian countries is Chinese (but you knew that). They are not known as the **** of the East for nothing.

In cities across the world Chinese communities will be celebrating what is an auspicious occasion for them. Should the Chinese communities in London, Vancouver, San Francisco, New York. Sydney, etc not be allowed to celebrate because a few minutes noise may upset SOME people? What's next, Hannuka, Eid, Diwali, groundhog Day?

In most of the places they settle they are the most dynamic part of the community, what did you add to the community where you live this week? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Chinese

Get over it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Why are you guys still lounging around in bed at 6:30 a.m.? By that time you should be returning from your morning run to fix a big, healthy breakfast before you do some strength training and then get on with a productive day. Gees, lazy people expecting the rest of the world to revolve around them.????

It is called enjoying your retirement from a job where you woke up early 5 days a week for over 30+ years, raised a family, and earned the right to sleep in after enjoying the fine evening drinking and contemplating the meaning of life, either that or watching Monty Python reruns....lol

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is called enjoying your retirement from a job where you woke up early 5 days a week for over 30+ years, raised a family, and earned the right to sleep in after enjoying the fine evening drinking and contemplating the meaning of life, either that or watching Monty Python reruns....lol

No, he's right, up at dawn for an hour of exercise is the only way to keep our old bodies working.

Drinking around mid-day is the best way to enjoy retirement.

Recovering from my 3 wine coolers now.

• Haha 1

Interestingly my wife is Thai-Chinese Catholic. I’m not sure how far back her family emigrated from China but during our wedding nobody spoke Chinese and we had a Catholic wedding, not the red Chinese wedding. Also her family stripped out the Buddhist rituals for Chinese New Year and kept the cultural rituals ie giving red envelopes of cash and gold to kids. 

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:
5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No, he's right, up at dawn for an hour of exercise is the only way to keep our old bodies working.

Drinking around mid-day is the best way to enjoy retirement.

Recovering from my 3 wine coolers now.

Over 80% of strokes and other cardiac issues occur in the morning.

Recent research also indicates that afternoon exercise has a beneficial impact on those who may be either type 2 diabetic or getting that way.

Drink first, exercise later.

22 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Actually in my 2nd 14 days quarantine 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, Big Nose said:

Been woken up by firecrackers at 6.30am and Thai's worshipping their vehicles whilst leaving the engine running, when will they realise they are Thai not Chinese?? 

you are so right mate!

Neighbor who I had to set straight yesterday with the large amount of smoke his smudge pots were filling the Penthouse corridor with, came by at 5pm tonight and apologized for his faux paus.  He handed my GF a large plate of pork cracklings, barbequed pork, and barbequed duck.  Sometimes people can be decent humans after you show them the error of their ways. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Neighbor who I had to set straight yesterday with the large amount of smoke his smudge pots were filling the Penthouse corridor with, came by at 5pm tonight and apologized for his faux paus.  He handed my GF a large plate of pork cracklings, barbequed pork, and barbequed duck.  Sometimes people can be decent humans after you show them the error of their ways. 

Have your heard the saying, "Beware of Thai's bearing gifts?"  ????

• 3 weeks later...

It's background noise that you get used to. It makes the place feel alive.

When you go back to suburbs back in the West that are completely quiet except for songbirds and cars, you are practically in a zombie town with anti-social residents.

So go out there and join the firecracker party with your neighbors!

Edited by RamenRaven
  • Thanks 1