Stickman

SiamSquare123

Yes I know of some of the threats, but as I said early on Stickman wields a lot of power. One particular dance venue was particularly nasty to Stickman. Stickman countered by not saying anything about the venue positive or negative, just nothing at all. Last time I looked inside it was dead. Where you could not find a seat after 10:30 there were dozens empty at midnight. It looked like the place had fallen off the map. If I were to guess based on the price of drinks, that is probably working out to over 50,000 baht less take per night. That adds up.

50 k less a night many bar's would love that amount.

Stick was not that powerful though -if he was he would probably not be walking or walking with a limp - please to not overestimate his influence.

He used to write glowing revues about a place when one of his informants managed the place or had something to do with it. Then when the guy moved on the next place was the bee's knee's and the last place would often get a shitty write up with a lot of unsubstantiated gossip.

I can name two managers now in both Pattaya and Bangkok where this was the case and the bar's concerned.

S'funny how you did not know much about Stick or the bar;s he wrote about or about the brothel run by a french pimp in some posts then seem to know a lot more - ROFLMAO

You seem to know an awful lot about stickman and his customers etc.Personally,I cou;ldn't give a rats ar$e,but you seem to be going on and on.I am not sure who is worse,you or john K.

Show me a farang magazine or web site that does not "look after" it's clients???par for the course and perfectly normal IMO.To think anything else here is naive .

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With respect,

John K why the flurry of emails in support of Stickman?

Do you have a vested interest?

It seems Stickman has his own website and contacts and can surely defend himself personally if he so wishes.

I think he may advertise there and be a pal ;-)

It is funny how he knew nothing about the brothel, knew a bit about the bars but compared them to RCA but now he knows about threats to Stickman and claims Stick could take 50k a night away from a bar just by not mentioning it - ROFL

Yeah, yes it is! and soooo persuasive.

Exactly - anyone noticing the way his posts have changed and how his knowledge of the bar scene increased expotentially would laugh - he even knows about Stick being threatened by barowners so he says?

Now he is intersted in facts not being mis-interpretated.

Fact - Stickman was teaching children while promoting prostitution including certain "Brothels" that even some people who visit the scen look down upon in disgust

Fact - Stickman worked as a PI - a job he had no training for and no WP for

Edited by Prakanong

Seems very odd he wouldn't say something here on this thread... :o:D

I think sanity will prevail once people start looking at facts, from my personal experience trying to defend yourself only leads to brining out more attacks from less than informed people.

Yes I know of some of the threats, but as I said early on Stickman wields a lot of power. One particular dance venue was particularly nasty to Stickman. Stickman countered by not saying anything about the venue positive or negative, just nothing at all. Last time I looked inside it was dead. Where you could not find a seat after 10:30 there were dozens empty at midnight. It looked like the place had fallen off the map. If I were to guess based on the price of drinks, that is probably working out to over 50,000 baht less take per night. That adds up.

Stick was not that powerful though -if he was he would probably not be walking or walking with a limp - please to not overestimate his influence.

He used to write glowing revues about a place when one of his informants managed the place or had something to do with it. Then when the guy moved on the next place was the bee's knee's and the last place would often get a shitty write up with a lot of unsubstantiated gossip.

I can name two managers now in both Pattaya and Bangkok where this was the case and the bar's concerned.

S'funny how you did not know much about Stick or the bar;s he wrote about or about the brothel run by a french pimp in some posts then seem to know a lot more - ROFLMAO

You seem to know an awful lot about stickman and his customers etc.Personally,I cou;ldn't give a rats ar$e,but you seem to be going on and on.I am not sure who is worse,you or john K.

Show me a farang magazine or web site that does not "look after" it's clients???par for the course and perfectly normal IMO.To think anything else here is naive .

Anyone who has read Thai message board since say 99 and has a half decent memory would know as much as i do about Stickman - people living in Thailand and hanging around the bar scene know a lot more.

Of course he looks after his clients and I agree with you anyone who thinks he does not is naive.

Anyone who thinks his two "Careers" were compatible and that it might not cause problems for him is also naive in my opinion too.

I reckon most people would agree with the two statements above - as I have said before (and others)if I it was me I would have binned the teaching job and expanded the web business where I think more money could have been made?

I think sanity will prevail once people start looking at facts, from my personal experience trying to defend yourself only leads to brining out more attacks from less than informed people.

Ok then what are the facts and what is the conjecture?

I have stated some facts in a post above

Your turn for the conjecture and to refute the facts as the self appointed defender of the stickrealm ;-)

Edited by Prakanong

Your turn for the conjecture and to refute the facts as the self appointed defender of the stickrealm ;-)

Ok very quickly before I turn in for the night;

Stickman writes a nightlife column, and is a teacher.

There has been no proof that stickman is incapable of separating the two activities in fact evidence suggest the other. He has not lost his job and has a new contract.

There have been suggestions that stickman has been very explicit in his wording, I am still waiting for the links. As far as I know he leaves much to the readers imagination to fill in the blanks.

As far as Eden, personally I don’t know the involvement stickman has nor do I know how the place is run. There as been no evidence presented thus far that would suggest positive or negative involvement by stickman. Until that appears I think that should be put to rest as speculation.

As far as information on the go-go bars and transactions, bar fines and so on, I have relayed what I have been told by Dave the Rave who is a seasoned expert in managing go-go bars.

As for my knowledge of a particular dance venue heading south, my opinion is based in the time that venue was last mentioned by stickman and observing the decline that started a few months after the last mention. If you think about it that makes a lot of sense. Other than the nightlife columns other websites are static so people are not encouraged to go to them regularly. Out of site, out of mind.

No I do not have any financial connections with stickman, however I don’t want to see a Witch Hunt based on unfounded comments. I am friends with Stickman, Dave the Rave, and Dean Barrett, that is the extent of it. Much of that friendship comes on a professional level in needing to know things to assist clients. Broken hearts and more are common in the nightlife areas. If I felt in anyway anyone of them was acting irresponsibly, I would sever the friendship just the same if a friend was getting involved with drugs.

Because of that friendship I am privy to some inside information that I have been asked not to disclose. So bottom line is you can trust what I say or not.

As for anything else I forgot, at another time as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Anyone who has read Thai message board since say 99 and has a half decent memory would know as much as i do about Stickman - people living in Thailand and hanging around the bar scene know a lot more.

Of course he looks after his clients and I agree with you anyone who thinks he does not is naive.

Anyone who thinks his two "Careers" were compatible and that it might not cause problems for him is also naive in my opinion too.

I reckon most people would agree with the two statements above - as I have said before (and others)if I it was me I would have binned the teaching job and expanded the web business where I think more money could have been made?

you can name two managers,which makes you slightly more informed than the rest of the people here???Biased maybe??Know more than anybody that has read a "message board"Please!I still wonder if you have a hidden agenda ...

You give the man a hard time for looking after his customes (Your mates?) at one time,then you say it is ok.What gives?

Are you a Teacher?

chuchok, to the best of my knowledge and belief, Prakanong, now resides in Singapore and works for a MNC {a pharmaceutical company}.

Stickman, was a known feature of the scene and parlayed that into a nocturnal business, both web based and then investigative. {Indeed I seem to recall that he took a year or so off teaching to learn 'low-so Thai'}. It was known inside and clear just by reading his stuff, that he had favourites and that these could walk on water. If memory serves, this was true only a few months ago when he was pushing an individual who was out of work. A sensible question would be why and what transpired to create such a position.

Second his interviews with Bangkok notables were hysterically inaccurate at times, but allowed some of his 'subjects' to do PR to the uninitiated. Not just the e*** c***.

In summary originally he provided an interesting take on the nightlife in Bangkok as it was, but became a casualty of Purachai in 2001. He then seemed to move more to the investigative side, whilst continuing to provide unalloyed praise for those in the magic circle, and in many peoples view most importantly continued to teach. The 'magic circle' led to his run in with Galt, allegedly, though as I have said I think that Galt's MO was unreasonable and out of proportion.

And no I have and had no axe to grind nor am I involved in the nocturnal business.

By the by JK, on the RCA point, I have a number of VIP and 'Platinum' memberships for establishments there, so yet again you are in error.

Regards

you can name two managers,which makes you slightly more informed than the rest of the people here???Biased maybe??Know more than anybody that has read a "message board"Please!I still wonder if you have a hidden agenda ...

You give the man a hard time for looking after his customes (Your mates?) at one time,then you say it is ok.What gives?

Are you a Teacher?

No hidden agenda at all and none of his customers are my mates as you put it and not involved in any way with the "Business". I can assure you if you had read Galts site, Stickman over the years and the whole Stickman-NotStickman debate on this and other boards you would know the same.

I have said a number of times I actually feel a bit sorry for Stickman over all this Galt thing - I think he does have himself to blame a little for all of this but the whole Galt thing is just over the top.

Imagine having someone who many beleive to be a little unbalanced due to the time and attention he has given his vendetta project stalking you like that - it must have been awful (and probably still is)

Talking of hidden agenda's I do not for one minute believe Galts motives are as they state they are - because Stickman slagged off one bar in Pattaya while plugging a bar next door - I will not name them here but most will know which ones if they have read Galt.

If that really is Galts motive and he has taken on the role of the great defender of the little man then its even more scary that someone would put in all that effort for something that did not affect him personally.

The Galt charachater does seem to be attention seeking and have an ego the size of Africa to boot - totally obssesive as well and revellling in the whole charade.

Stickman probably wishes his defenders had just not answered on message boards like this as its kept the whole thing alive and it might have gone away earlier.

Anyway - I am not concentrating on the Champions League by writing this so will take my leave.

Ok very quickly before I turn in for the night;

Stickman writes a nightlife column, and is a teacher.

There has been no proof that stickman is incapable of separating the two activities in fact evidence suggest the other. He has not lost his job and has a new contract.

There have been suggestions that stickman has been very explicit in his wording, I am still waiting for the links. As far as I know he leaves much to the readers imagination to fill in the blanks.

As far as Eden, personally I don't know the involvement stickman has nor do I know how the place is run. There as been no evidence presented thus far that would suggest positive or negative involvement by stickman. Until that appears I think that should be put to rest as speculation.

As far as information on the go-go bars and transactions, bar fines and so on, I have relayed what I have been told by Dave the Rave who is a seasoned expert in managing go-go bars.

As for my knowledge of a particular dance venue heading south, my opinion is based in the time that venue was last mentioned by stickman and observing the decline that started a few months after the last mention. If you think about it that makes a lot of sense. Other than the nightlife columns other websites are static so people are not encouraged to go to them regularly. Out of site, out of mind.

No I do not have any financial connections with stickman, however I don't want to see a Witch Hunt based on unfounded comments. I am friends with Stickman, Dave the Rave, and Dean Barrett, that is the extent of it. Much of that friendship comes on a professional level in needing to know things to assist clients. Broken hearts and more are common in the nightlife areas. If I felt in anyway anyone of them was acting irresponsibly, I would sever the friendship just the same if a friend was getting involved with drugs.

Because of that friendship I am privy to some inside information that I have been asked not to disclose. So bottom line is you can trust what I say or not.

As for anything else I forgot, at another time as I have a busy day tomorrow.

Like I said above - your friend Stickman probably wishes you did not defend him here so the debate would go away.

I do not mind the debate but it does give that Galt/Summers character a lot of attention which he probably does not deserve.

Maybe enough has been said on the whole thing and most on this thread has been said on other sites - its just a rehash of what was said when the whole thing blew up last year - I have a busy day tomorrow too and have been up all night for the football!

No I do not have any financial connections with stickman, however I don’t want to see a Witch Hunt based on unfounded comments. I am friends with Stickman, Dave the Rave, and Dean Barrett, that is the extent of it. Much of that friendship comes on a professional level in needing to know things to assist clients. Broken hearts and more are common in the nightlife areas. If I felt in anyway anyone of them was acting irresponsibly, I would sever the friendship just the same if a friend was getting involved with drugs.

I haven't read all of the posts here thoroughly, but am wondering about where JohnK fits into all this. He is some kind of therapist ? For foreigners ? Thus, his livelihood also derives from the industry S'man's site promotes to foreigners ( with potential TEFLers a particular target market ) ??

Apologies if I am wrong & please correct any misapprehensions, but that is how it is seeming to me.

Edited by WaiWai

With respect,

John K why the flurry of emails in support of Stickman?

Do you have a vested interest?

It seems Stickman has his own website and contacts and can surely defend himself personally if he so wishes.

Particularly as he is a member of this forum and who visited the site today....

Why ignore a 150-post thread that's been bantering every thing under the sun about him?

:o:D :D

Frankly, if he can't respond himself to any of the multitude of issues concerning him.... well then, nobody else should do it for him.

i said this 100 posts ago. As an apologist JohnK is not doing stick any favours.

Not a flurry of support, but that is what he gets daily. Between reader submission, communications about information for his next weekly, comments that may end up in the weekly, and so on. That is just his normal volume. I think before he went off line he was getting over 30,000 unique hits a week, that is a lot of readers on his site.

As for my comments I am trying to be as un-bias as I can. I am just interested that people are basing their comments on fact and not speculation. The subtle choices of words can suggest and not imply, and often people build on another persons misinterpretation. I think you will find my posts rooted in fact. If we let this continue someone may have said stickman was showing pornography in classes. I like many don’t always have time to read the entire content of longer threads so fact can go astray quickly if there is a break in continuity. There is a phrase that sums this up, it is called a ‘Witch Hunt.’

I am glad you mentioned the pornography, i didn't want to bring it up myself.

John, you will note that it is you who is feeding this discussion.

the majority of us on this thread seem to be in agreement that he made some mistakes and held some conflicting interests, but are largely indifferent to the issue.

you however have managed to spin this out to an 11+ page thread with your apologies, justifications, rationalisations and misrepresentations.

I, and i suspect some of the others are responding to your adamant defense of all things stick, so vociferously that some among us are beginning to wonder what your true realtionship with stick is. There is no witch hunt here. there is just a tired old thread that was on its way to obsurity before you stuck your oar in.

Everytime i click on the go to unread icon i am astionished that you are still at it.

John, you will note that it is you who is feeding this discussion.

the majority of us on this thread seem to be in agreement that he made some mistakes and held some conflicting interests, but are largely indifferent to the issue.

you however have managed to spin this out to an 11+ page thread with your apologies, justifications, rationalisations and misrepresentations.

I, and i suspect some of the others are responding to your adamant defense of all things stick, so vociferously that some among us are beginning to wonder what your true realtionship with stick is. There is no witch hunt here. there is just a tired old thread that was on its way to obsurity before you stuck your oar in.

Everytime i click on the go to unread icon i am astionished that you are still at it.

lol I am glad I am not the only one noticing this. I am shocked at the way our "two stickman lovers" Chuchok and JohnK are defending good ole Stick so vociferously. I wonder why??? :o

Anyway, it's good to know some people DO LIKE Dr. Ruth oops..... I mean.. Stickman. :D

lol I am glad I am not the only one noticing this. I am shocked at the way our "two stickman lovers" Chuchok and JohnK are defending good ole Stick so vociferously. I wonder why??? :o

Anyway, it's good to know some people DO LIKE Dr. Ruth oops..... I mean.. Stickman. :D

Really?Am I?

hate to tell you this,but you are WRONG.You should get out more laddie... :D