Thailand says to administer 10 million COVID-19 shots monthly from June

webfact

The reason the rollout is going so well in the UK is that our useless government handed the job over to. the N.H.S and we are doing the second-best in the world I believe nothing to to with Johnson our rubbish leader or his cronies. We are not hitting 10 million a month good luck Thailand.

Edited by juice777

My county says they did 100,000 shots last week.  I think we only have 1.5 mill residents.    Scale that up 50 times would be .4 million x 50 = 20 million a month. but it took 2 months to reach this pace and it's not a  rural county.  How will tail and reach the small villages?  They will need 1000 mobile units. 

2 hours ago, juice777 said:

The reason the rollout is going so well in the UK is that our useless government handed the job over to. the N.H.S and we are doing the second-best in the world I believe nothing to to with Johnson our rubbish leader or his cronies. We are not hitting 10 million a month good luck Thailand.

You need to go back a few weeks when the vaccination process was doing very badly so it’s better but still not great.

Also no the U.K. isn’t second best that is the UAE at around 50% the top is Israeli at over 60% They are at 2 doses

The U.K. is only at around 20% due to delaying the second dose

So while the U.K. isn’t terrible, it isn’t anywhere near as good as it should be. That others are really really bad doesn’t make the U.K. good, just not bad.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PGSan said:

There have been some studies that show advantages to mix-and-match on vaccines.

Yes true, we don't even know the actual efficiency and all side effects of a single vaccine, because it has been delivered after few months of experimentation only, and in fact many people are dying and there are thousands of alarming unforeseen side effect cases,  and you believe that a cocktail of vaccines can do even better. Oh my God! Be my guest.

Edited by Tech65
grammar
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm very happy to get the vaccine in June

If you are a Thai national belonging to a priority group, then it might happen.

If you are a non O "resident", it will still happen in June, but June 2022.

Everybody that hopes to pay for this vaccine soon in the private sector will be dissapointed, there is not enough supply.

Today there are reports of vaccine shortages on the American news channel CBS.  In Florida, the vaccine has been made available to people 65 and over but the predominance of white people who are successful in getting the vaccine is criticized.  Apparently black and brown people are not getting the vaccine in similar numbers.  Apparently people are expected to sign up on line for the shots.  Apparently no officials have understood that older and minority people might not be sufficiently computer literate to deal with signing up online.  In Seattle, however, my daughter who is a health care manager for 90 elderly Vietnamese , has successfully signed up all of her patients. Why can’t these cities and states appoint health care coordinators for the populations who have trouble signing up.  Apparently they haven’t thought of doing it.

Also, the news media have no understandable explanation for the shortage of vaccine doses.  They just complain about it endlessly.  They get an F for sensationalism and lack of constructive helpfulness 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brommers said:

It is all well & good to have a plan, but already we have seen major vaccine production problems in the US and Europe so can expect the same here. And those in charge need to be better organised than the Japanese who ordered the wrong syringes so lose one out of every 6 doses because they cannot extract it from the bottle.

The way the vaccination is being handled is a shambles, with confused and confusing communications. So the public are rightly expression dissatisfaction. Lets hope they remember this when it comes to the next general election, if there is ever another!

General Election?? In Thailand???? The unelected "PM" and his soldiers are far too comfortable the way things are, they are not going to go up against real politicians who would outdo them on education alone.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

It's a shame that the most vulnerable front line workers will be given the least effective vaccine. Beter than nothing I suppose. I just wonder when they'll consider it safe to open for tourism, at least for vaccinated tourists.

Thailand is so far behind the eight ball in its vaccination efforts that it may no longer be the one who decides that question.

If other nations decide that Thailand is unprepared , their citzens may be advised to travel elsewhere.

10 hours ago, juice777 said:

Read the article again , Thailand is planning to build the CAPACITY to enable 10 million shots per month.

In actual fact it will deliver nowhere near that figure .

To date the UK's vaccine programe is going extremely well , Thailand is nowhere , rubbish leader and cronies indeed.

15 hours ago, lkv said:

If you are a Thai national belonging to a priority group, then it might happen.

If you are a non O "resident", it will still happen in June, but June 2022.

Everybody that hopes to pay for this vaccine soon in the private sector will be dissapointed, there is not enough supply.

I'm making arrangements to pay to NOT get injected, being less than 55, which means no risks whatsoever with 2019 chinese flew.

• Haha 1

Absolute pie-in-the-sky thinking. Has anyone reviewed the logistics of supplying, delivering to these "1000" hospital sighted in the OP, and sufficient staff to actually administer the injections. For something as simple as an in-grown toe nail can have you waiting all day for treatment in a rural hospital and hours in any major government hospital. 

So lots of luck with over 300, 000 shots per day. 

• Haha 1

10M per month for an adult population of around 53M  is quite doable by international standards.

It's the over 80 populace that is slow. Would be nice if they could start this group earlier.

After that it's pretty well a logistics issue

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Are you for real? Did you see the mistake they made in the news? It was meant to be funny. They wrote only 10 instead of 10M. Get it now! If so, please laugh. ????

And no! I have never been in any flu vaccine programme. Why would I? What relevance are you trying to make? To my joke, I mean. Yes, the one you missed to understand.

There is nothing funny in xenophobes using misprints in pursuit of the agenda.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sandyf said:

There is nothing funny in xenophobes using misprints in pursuit of the agenda.

Xenophobes? Why are you placing me among those? What dislike or predjudice do I have against what people? I just used a misprint to make a joke. That based on the constant talk about a lot of vaccines arriving, and not a word seems to be true.

If you do not like the joke, so be it. What´s hard for you seems to be admitting that you didn´t get it. Therefore you try and mentally protect yourself by showing aggressivness and anger in your reply. Just admitt you didn´t get the joke. You will feel much better. ????

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 1:18 PM, Elkski said:

My county says they did 100,000 shots last week.  I think we only have 1.5 mill residents.    Scale that up 50 times would be .4 million x 50 = 20 million a month. but it took 2 months to reach this pace and it's not a  rural county.  How will tail and reach the small villages?  They will need 1000 mobile units. 

They make it to the hospital for the flu jab without a problem. When I went for the flu I saw old people, even in wheelchairs being turned away in droves because they were from outside the area.

In some respects the Thais can be very efficient, when I had the flu jab they were doing them at about 150/hour. At Bang Saen a couple of weeks ago even under the covid regime they were doing blood tests in excess of 80/hour.

13 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Xenophobes? Why are you placing me among those? What dislike or predjudice do I have against what people? I just used a misprint to make a joke. That based on the constant talk about a lot of vaccines arriving, and not a word seems to be true.

If you do not like the joke, so be it. What´s hard for you seems to be admitting that you didn´t get it. Therefore you try and mentally protect yourself by showing aggressivness and anger in your reply. Just admitt you didn´t get the joke. You will feel much better. ????

Good distraction, but there was no joke, only prejudice.

Going by the spelling mistakes, you should rethink who needs to feel better.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Read the article again , Thailand is planning to build the CAPACITY to enable 10 million shots per month.

In actual fact it will deliver nowhere near that figure .

To date the UK's vaccine programe is going extremely well , Thailand is nowhere , rubbish leader and cronies indeed.

We are only doing good because he handed the roll out over to the experts the N.H.S.If he would have listen to the experts in the first place we wouldn't have the have the 3rd worst death rate in the world and the second worst performing economy.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2021 at 3:21 AM, maddermax said:

Firstly, there is no bloody way I am going to have the Sinovac vaccine as this is not totally safe. I would prefer to wait until the Astrozenica vaccine is available but then again will the Thai Government have tested its efficacy before using it? How would we know that the Siam Bioscience is as safe as the original?

Well, some experts have said old-style vaccines like the Chinese and Russian vaccines might not only be safer, but might also be less likely to fail against a mutant as they elicit antibodies against parts of the virus other than the (mutating) spike protein.

• Thanks 1

Having lived here for 20 years or so I am extremely dubious about any Thai government claim whatsoever.

However, in terms of health and related mechanisms I have to say the Thais are on more solid ground than is usually the case (ie, on every other issue!!)

This makes me believe that the Thais will carry out a nationwide vaccination process (including possibly expats on appropriate visas etc) quite effectively, probably better actrually than most other regional countries.

I'm hoping I'm not wrong.

J

• Thanks 1

This doesn't make sense.  10 million doses a month is 5 million immunized (it takes 2 doses)

So it's 5 million a month

7X5 million is 35 millon.  

Now just wrap your heads around administering 10 million doses a month.  Ten million needles, ten million appointments, ten million!  IT's a huge warlike undertaking.  

It will not be 2021 when this is done even if they get 10 million doses a month.

Which I am fairly skeptical of.  

• Haha 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:16 PM, GeKoSc said:

There is no need for vaccinations. Wait at least a year more to see the results of human vaccinations in other parts of the world, such as Israel, where 95% of the population has been vaccinated.  

I think it is only about 50%.  And that their experience has shown that vaccinations are very useful.