China will 'eat our lunch,' Biden warns after clashing with Xi on most fronts

webfact

On 2/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, ctxa said:

I was in Urumqi, capital of Xinjiang. Saw plenty of female locals…. 

Never been to Tibet though. 

Anyway it’s good though that you swallow the lies they tell you ???? Im sure Joseph Goebbels, a very smart guy when it came to propaganda, would be very content with people like you. In fact, you lost the time it takes to create a fake account to post propaganda. 

A trip to Urumqi does not make you an expert. That's anecdotal. Try reading the extensively documented investigations on the atrocious treatment of Uighurs. 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, placeholder said:

Great. China gives its minorities more freedom to travel. What's more it gives them an incentive to do so. Just to get away from their brutal treatment.

China’s repression of the Uighurs in Xinjiang has forced those in the diaspora to protect their identity from afar.

The targeting of the Uighurs isn’t limited to the camps. Since 2016, dozens of graveyards and religious sites have been destroyed. The Uighur language has been banned in Xinjiang schools in favor of Mandarin Chinese.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2020/10/chinas-war-on-uighur-culture/616513/

And about their alleged right to have as many children as they please.

China cuts Uighur births with IUDs, abortion, sterilization

The Chinese government is taking draconian measures to slash birth rates among Uighurs and other minorities as part of a sweeping campaign to curb its Muslim population, even as it encourages some of the country’s Han majority to have more children.

While individual women have spoken out before about forced birth control, the practice is far more widespread and systematic than previously known, according to an AP investigation based on government statistics, state documents and interviews with 30 ex-detainees, family members and a former detention camp instructor. The campaign over the past four years in the far west region of Xinjiang is leading to what some experts are calling a form of “demographic genocide.”

https://apnews.com/article/269b3de1af34e17c1941a514f78d764c

Thank you for actual reported, current facts, instead of the elaborate historical deflections that taint this forum.

2 hours ago, swanwhiteold said:

A trip to Urumqi does not make you an expert. That's anecdotal. Try reading the extensively documented investigations on the atrocious treatment of Uighurs. 

Like I said there's no guarantee such investigations are true, they all come from the same US/European medias (and they are written by humans, which more or less all of us are biased to one side or the other). The fact that they attach a picture of a document signed by a high end Chinese politician stating to put Uighurs in concentration camps, to me means nothing. Because I can fire up Adobe Photoshop and make the same paper stating the entire opposite thing. 

My trip to Xinjiang, and seeing happy local females, running their local food restaurants and happily serving food to everyone clearly means that those who claim that Uighur females get raped and put to concentration camps etc are just full of sh**t. It neither proves that there are no such reeducation camps, but at least I can tell you that in the capital of Xinjiang you can see many happy local (Uighur, not Han) females around, because I saw it myself. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/15/2021 at 7:00 PM, ctxa said:

Like I said there's no guarantee such investigations are true, they all come from the same US/European medias (and they are written by humans, which more or less all of us are biased to one side or the other). The fact that they attach a picture of a document signed by a high end Chinese politician stating to put Uighurs in concentration camps, to me means nothing. Because I can fire up Adobe Photoshop and make the same paper stating the entire opposite thing. 

My trip to Xinjiang, and seeing happy local females, running their local food restaurants and happily serving food to everyone clearly means that those who claim that Uighur females get raped and put to concentration camps etc are just full of sh**t. It neither proves that there are no such reeducation camps, but at least I can tell you that in the capital of Xinjiang you can see many happy local (Uighur, not Han) females around, because I saw it myself. 

Your own (anonymous, newcomer poster) unverifiable personal anecdote, carrying more than a hint of the party line, vs. numerous reports by established media venues, which are far more open to scrutiny, and the consequences of losing their credibility. It's a tough call, but I think I'll just go ahead and disregard your "input".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Morch said:

Your own (anonymous, newcomer poster) unverifiable personal anecdote, carrying more than a hint of the party line, vs. numerous reports by established media venues, which are far more open to scrutiny, and the consequences of losing their credibility. It's a tough call, but I think I'll just go ahead and disregard your "input".

Im not anonymous, I’m CTABUYO. (not) Pleased to meet you 

PS: Just because of the reasons you mentioned, I have no need in lying when I talk about China, Thailand, Spain or the USA, because my food doesn’t depend on whatever I write on the internet, for many of those well established journalist it does. 

My food depends on what I write in a program called Visual Studio Code not in TVF. 

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ctxa said:

PS: Just because of the reasons you mentioned, I have no need in lying when I talk about China, Thailand, Spain or the USA, because my food doesn’t depend on whatever I write on the internet, for many of those well established journalist it does. 

My food depends on what I write in a program called Visual Studio Code not in TVF. 

You are an anonymous poster on a public forum. And a (supposedly) new one, at that.

There is no reason to accept your personal, unverified "accounts". They are not equal to or better than the reports offered by well established media venues. As for your comments regarding your allegiances and/or economic circumstances, try reading the this post and my previous one again. Or look up "recursive" in the dictionary.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

You are an anonymous poster on a public forum. And a (supposedly) new one, at that.

There is no reason to accept your personal, unverified "accounts". They are not equal to or better than the reports offered by well established media venues. As for your comments regarding your allegiances and/or economic circumstances, try reading the this post and my previous one again. Or look up "recursive" in the dictionary.

Yes, I don't need your lessons on Computer Science concepts such as 'recursive', because, as you can see (or if you can't I couldn't care less) I'm pretty good at Computer Science, so save the lessons and definitions for yourself.. 

I'm not telling you to accept my personal unverified "accounts", you have the freedom to do whatever you want with them and I'll be equally happy either way, because as you can see I couldn't care less. I am only stating and highlighting for everyone to see in this public forum that unlike those well established journalists I have no economical reason to post positive/negative comments about anything, let alone China. I'm not a journalist paid by the CCP, and I've never received a single penny from the CCP to talk good about them online (as you suggest). I only talk good about "China" because after years of living there, and owning a company, everything's gone well for me, and China and specially the Chinese people have been extremely good to me (to the point that I married one and thus half my family is Chinese). When it comes to the CCP they've done nothing wrong to me personally and I have witnessed nothing wrong being done to others (of course it doesn't mean it isn't there. When I was on a trip in the USA it was fantastic and I saw no policeman shooting unarmed black men to death, yet it happens and it's there). I just tell what I saw with my own eyes, nothing more. 

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Yes, I don't need your lessons on Computer Science concepts such as 'recursive', because, as you can see (or if you can't I couldn't care less) I'm pretty good at Computer Science, so save the lessons and definitions for yourself.. 

I'm not telling you to accept my personal unverified "accounts", you have the freedom to do whatever you want with them and I'll be equally happy either way, because as you can see I couldn't care less. I am only stating and highlighting for everyone to see in this public forum that unlike those well established journalists I have no economical reason to post positive/negative comments about anything, let alone China. I'm not a journalist paid by the CCP, and I've never received a single penny from the CCP to talk good about them online (as you suggest). I only talk good about "China" because after years of living there, and owning a company, everything's gone well for me, and China and specially the Chinese people have been extremely good to me (to the point that I married one and thus half my family is Chinese). When it comes to the CCP they've done nothing wrong to me personally and I have witnessed nothing wrong being done to others (of course it doesn't mean it isn't there. When I was on a trip in the USA it was fantastic and I saw no policeman shooting unarmed black men to death, yet it happens and it's there). I just tell what I saw with my own eyes, nothing more. 

Or so you say. If you were try that USA anecdote on this forum, you'd be called out. Same same.

Even if taking your post at face value, can you honestly say that your company, and your family (or indeed yourself), won't be effected by commenting on matters Chinese in anything but a positive manner?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ctxa said:

But you cant say what you like on chinese media.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Or so you say. If you were try that USA anecdote on this forum, you'd be called out. Same same.

Even if taking your post at face value, can you honestly say that your company, and your family (or indeed yourself), won't be effected by commenting on matters Chinese in anything but a positive manner?

It depends what you mean by "commenting on matters Chinese" 

If you mean writing death threats to a politician, then I'd be in deep trouble. (But someone in my hometown back in Spain, was jailed for writing in Twitter "Put all those dirty politicians in front of me, give me a machine gun and I'll kill them all" after the president of the provincial government of my own province had been shot to death in the street). So I guess that's nothing wrong. And I'd be jailed.

(Here you have that news, although in Spanish language, so you can verify by yourself that I am not making it up) 

https://www.abc.es/espana/20140515/abci-arrestado-valencia-bloguero-amenazar-201405152044.html

If you mean, that I use some Chinese social media such as Weibo or WeChat Moments, and post for example that I believe certain BBC report on the Uighurt matter. I'd face an enormous crowd of angry and very patriotic Chinese, 'politely' asking me to f**ck off from China and explaining why I am wrong, and again asking me to go back to my country. But I don't expect any official punishment from the government, because I am not a foreign journalist and thus I and whatever I have to say matters very few or virtually nothing to them. That is not to say I am completely sure such thing wouldn't affect me, but I am quite sure in this particular case they would do nothing because I dont matter to them.

If you mean that I use some Chinese social media such as Weibo or WeChat Moments, and post for example that I don't agree with certain Chinese law or regulation by which they took 3 points from my drivers license for infringing certain regulation, or that I don't agree by certain Chinese law by which I have to pay X amount of tax, or I need to pay X percent of a worker's salary when he takes sick leave..... I'll face comments from people who agree with me, comments from people which disagree with me. But definitely no legal action or being affected by the government.

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ctxa said:

It depends what you mean by "commenting on matters Chinese" 

If you mean writing death threats to a politician, then I'd be in deep trouble. (But someone in my hometown back in Spain, was jailed for writing in Twitter "Put all those dirty politicians in front of me, give me a machine gun and I'll kill them all" after the president of the provincial government of my own province had been shot to death in the street). So I guess that's nothing wrong. And I'd be jailed.

(Here you have that news, although in Spanish language, so you can verify by yourself that I am not making it up) 

https://www.abc.es/espana/20140515/abci-arrestado-valencia-bloguero-amenazar-201405152044.html

If you mean, that I use some Chinese social media such as Weibo or WeChat Moments, and post for example that I believe certain BBC report on the Uighurt matter. I'd face an enormous crowd of angry and very patriotic Chinese, 'politely' asking me to f**ck off from China and explaining why I am wrong, and again asking me to go back to my Country. But I don't expect any official punishment from the government, because I am not a foreign journalist and thus I and whatever I have to say matters very few or virtually nothing to them. That is not to say I am sure such thing wouldn't affect me, but I am quite sure in this particular they would do nothing because I dont matter to them.

If you mean that I use some Chinese social media such as Weibo or WeChat Moments, and post for example that I don't agree with certain Chinese law or regulation by which they took 3 points from my drivers license for infringing certain regulation, or that I don't agree by certain Chinese law by which I have to pay X amount of tax, or I need to pay X percent of a worker's salary when he takes sick leave..... I'll face comments from people which agree with me, comments from people which disagree with me. But definitely no legal action or being affected by the government.

OK, I'll add the above to your usual all-is-well-in-China nonsense posts. I don't believe you believe what you've posted. Foreigners and Chinese, who weren't reporters, got shafted over such stuff in the past. Even when doing so abroad, and the coming/returning to China. This was featured on more than one topic here over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

OK, I'll add the above to your usual all-is-well-in-China nonsense posts. I don't believe you believe what you've posted. Foreigners and Chinese, who weren't reporters, got shafted over such stuff in the past. Even when doing so abroad, and the coming/returning to China. This was featured on more than one topic here over the years.

Last year, when Doctor Li Wenliang died, my wife like many other Chinese took to Weibo to criticize the treatment he had received when trying to warn people of what was going on, and asked justice for him. Guess what, we both and my company are still out here perfectly fine ????

(I think I still have both my kidneys, or so I hope) ????

We all see things according to our own life and personal experiences...

Edited by ctxa

26 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Last year, when Doctor Li Wenliang died, my wife like many other Chinese took to Weibo to criticize the treatment he had received when trying to warn people of what was going on, and asked justice for him. Guess what, we both and my company are still out here perfectly fine ????

(I think I still have both my kidneys, or so I hope) ????

We all see things according to our own life and personal experiences...

Are you trying to claim that the Chinese government didn't do anything to people engaged in such criticism or merely that your own, again unverified, experience was different?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Are you trying to claim that the Chinese government didn't do anything to people engaged in such criticism or merely that your own, again unverified, experience was different?

I don't know what happened to others. To me and my wife nothing happened. You could believe I am making it at all up and she never made such post. You're free to do so. 

But I can tell you and I think it is common sense, that if they had to jail every Chinese normal citizen (meaning not journalist, or influencer, or famous) who criticizes the Chinese government like that, then, there wouldn't be enough jails in all of the world to jail them all ????

And think also, that those foreigners who spoke bad about China and later on got their visas cancelled and such, why do you know about them and their story? They must be famous at the very least. Do you seriously think that if such thing happened to me you would get to know about it? Highly doubt it since I am not famous.

Edited by ctxa

19 minutes ago, ctxa said:

I don't know what happened to others. To me and my wife nothing happened. You could believe I am making it at all up and she never made such post. You're free to do so. 

But I can tell you and I think it is common sense, that if they had to jail every Chinese normal citizen (meaning not journalist, or influencer, or famous) who criticizes the Chinese government like that, then, there wouldn't be enough jails in all of the world to jail them all ????

And think also, that those foreigners who spoke bad about China and later on got their visas cancelled and such, why do you know about them and their story? They must be famous at the very least. Do you seriously think that if such thing happened to me you would get to know about it? Highly doubt it since I am not famous.

Again, all you push are personal, unverified anecdotes. Hard to say if you don't get it or simply plowing on regardless.

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

As I understand it, criticising the Chinese government alone would not necessarily get one arrested. It's when one planned to cause trouble, then one could get arrested, even if the criticism was not targeted at the Chinese government.

For example, there was this bunch of feminists who planned to have a simultaneous demonstrations in several cities to protest against sexual harassment on public transportation. They were arrested before the demonstrations took place.

They have this law "picking quarrels and provoking troubles", which I think is very useful. If China didn't have this law when Wuhan was placed under very strict lockdown, the lockdown would probably have failed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selatan said:

As I understand it, criticising the Chinese government alone would not necessarily get one arrested. It's when one planned to cause trouble, then one could get arrested, even if the criticism was not targeted at the Chinese government.

For example, there was this bunch of feminists who planned to have a simultaneous demonstrations in several cities to protest against sexual harassment on public transportation. They were arrested before the demonstrations took place.

They have this law "picking quarrels and provoking troubles", which I think is very useful. If China didn't have this law when Wuhan was placed under very strict lockdown, the lockdown would probably have failed.

As I understand it, people were arrested for criticizing the regime on numerous instances over the years. That's regardless if they have taken action or plotted one. You're doing it wrong.

Just now, Morch said:

As I understand it, people were arrested for criticizing the regime on numerous instances over the years. That's regardless if they have taken action or plotted one. You're doing it wrong.

Criticism alone would not get one arrested. Organising and campaigning to cause trouble would get one arrested.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There was this activist that went to Wuhan and reported from there. This year she was sentenced to jail for "picking quarrels and provoking troubles". What do you think she did there? One could easily guess that she criticised the government for implementing the very strict lockdown. That's "picking quarrels and provoking troubles".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Selatan said:

Criticism alone would not get one arrested. Organising and campaigning to cause trouble would get one arrested.

Even if one was to accept your comment, 'campaigning to cause trouble' got quite a wide reach, and can be construed as pretty much anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Again, all you push are personal, unverified anecdotes. Hard to say if you don't get it or simply plowing on regardless.

If I don't make it personal, then what should I make it about? The anecdotes of a journalist that I haven't even met or spoken to a single time in my life? ????

You've asked, will you or your company be affected if you criticize them? - I've answered to the best of my knowledge and to my little experience with criticizing them, which as you can see it's almost nonexistent. (Mainly because I am of the opinion that when you are a foreigner at another country, you should shut up, and if you are so unhappy go back. It makes me sick to my stomach those Brits who move to Spain, and they talk nothing but criticizing Spain. These are my beliefs and it is how I act. If I wasn't happy in China I wouldn't criticize them on social media, I'd <deleted> off somewhere else)

The point of these such posts is that I come here and tell my personal experience in China, and you tell yours (or lack thereof) nothing less nothing more. 

Don't be so thick, it's not so hard to understand.

Just stop replying to my posts, tired of wasting my time on this dialogue at crossed purposes, half of the posts weren't even needed. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Morch said:

Even if one was to accept your comment, 'campaigning to cause trouble' got quite a wide reach, and can be construed as pretty much anything.

It's easy to distinguish between ordinary criticism and provoking trouble - guess what someone did if he got thrown off an airplane and arrested. It's something like that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, ctxa said:

If I don't make it personal, then what should I make it about? The anecdotes of a journalist that I haven't even met or spoken to a single time in my life? ????

You've asked, will you or your company be affected if you criticize them? - I've answered to the best of my knowledge and to my little experience with criticizing them, which as you can see it's almost nonexistent. (Mainly because I am of the opinion that when you are a foreigner at another country, you should shut up, and if you are so unhappy go back. It makes me sick to my stomach those Brits who move to Spain, and they talk nothing but criticizing Spain. These are my beliefs and it is how I act. If I wasn't happy in China I wouldn't criticize them on social media, I'd <deleted> off somewhere else)

The point of these such posts is that I come here and tell my personal experience in China, and you tell yours (or lack thereof) nothing less nothing more. 

Don't be so thick, it's not so hard to understand.

Just stop replying to my posts, tired of wasting my time on this dialogue at crossed purposes, half of the posts weren't even needed. 

You're welcome to your personal, unverifiable anecdotes. When you attempt using such to discredit well established media outlets, expect to be called out. All the more so when the picture your try to paint is not very believable.

I'll reply to whatever posts I choose. You can use the "ignore" function, and test your self-control not seeing my comments.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Selatan said:

It's easy to distinguish between ordinary criticism and provoking trouble - guess what someone did if he got thrown off an airplane and arrested. It's something like that.

That's your version, kinda doubt it's got a whole lot to do with fact and reality.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 1:06 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Trump has instigated a global changed of posture toward China. That will benefit all of humanity. 

And, he will likely be back in 4 years. 

China can never be trusted. As a people, they destroyed a beautiful culture that they had and replaced it with a horrific one that relies on dishonesty and malice and indifference. 

They are a formidable enemy of the world's people and one that is now being taken seriously, thanks to Trump. 

Prior to Trump, only India, Japan and China's other neighbors knew the true national character. Now even the Farang states are aware. The entire world needs to fight them. 

On Feb 2017,  the news media 'cooked' up  :   Michelle Obama 2020

On Feb 2021,  the news media 'cooked' up  :   Donald Trump 2024 

And you are novice enough to believe again ?

Conclusion :   Zero chance for Trump in 2024.        

As to your comment on USA and China,   I just skip it. 

2 minutes ago, sscc said:

On Feb 2017,  the news media 'cooked' up  :   Michelle Obama 2020

On Feb 2021,  the news media 'cooked' up  :   Donald Trump 2024 

And you are novice enough to believe again ?

Conclusion :   Zero chance for Trump in 2024.        

As to your comment on USA and China,   I just skip it. 

This is very insightful. Thank you. 

• Haha 1