SURVEY: Cryptocurrencies -- wave of the future or disaster waiting to happen?

Scott

SURVEY: Cryptocurrencies -- wave of the future or disaster waiting to happen?  

260 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Susco said:

Reuters is a credible news source, and these are the articles, as recent as yesterday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2B70F0

Bitcoin falls after weekend record high as India considers a ban

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN2B60QP

India to propose cryptocurrency ban, penalising miners, traders - source

https://twitter.com/Sorted72714827/status/1371251112506912770?s=20

Edited by Sharp

12 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

unless you are a 40yr virgin, there is nothing remarkable about it when you read the internal mechanism. It's simply a scam, and it's clear as day. Amazing how many people fall for it, yet, let's never forget about the Tulips ????

stupid people deserve to buy BTC ????

is it quite comic that people like me that are in bitcoin since years keep trying to tell people to study it (not to buy it) but get offended from people with no knowlodge on btc

Edited by lavezzi
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

unless you are a 40yr virgin, there is nothing remarkable about it when you read the internal mechanism. It's simply a scam, and it's clear as day. Amazing how many people fall for it, yet, let's never forget about the Tulips ????

stupid people deserve to buy BTC ????

Someone missed the bus!

• Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 9:46 PM, Sharp said:

my sister called me and she told me they are setting up a system to allow Bitcoin to be used in her state of Miami

Yes, people who trade in crypto are smarter than the rest of us.

• Haha 2

On 3/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's amazing to see your confidence. How old are you? 20 something? At that time I also thought I am invincible and all those others are the losers.

I met enough rich and not so rich guys who invested according to their great ideas and who found out sometimes sooner and sometimes later that those ideas were not really so great.

Maybe you are right. Enjoy all your money! And just in case that in a couple of years you ask yourself: "Why did I do that? I should have sold in time." Then maybe you remember our little exchange on TV. ???? 

OMG !  A parable just flew out of my brain :    It is the story of "my girl is different "

25 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I put $1000 into a new crypto six months ago and just cashed in for six figures.

Off to MB Pattaya on Friday to get that CLS 300d I reckon. 

Not bad for a THB 30k investment. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lavezzi said:

is it quite comic that people like me that are in bitcoin since years keep trying to tell people to study it (not to buy it) but get offended from people with no knowlodge on btc

do not try to educate apes, just learn yourself and get your profits.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

a winning trader is someone who on average makes more money than indexes (like sp500), for example a good trader last year made 40% trading stocks on sp500.

2 years ago trading and gaining 30% would have been great for a trader.

Holding bitcoin in the last 10 years on average returns 200% a year.

Are you sure trading bitcoin is a smart idea?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, fdsa said:

do not try to educate apes, just learn yourself and get your profits.

probably right.

Suppose all here start studying btc and buy it. Most will loose everything trading it and getting crazy for a -30% drop, depression at -50%, suicide at -80%.

18 minutes ago, lavezzi said:

a winning trader is someone who on average makes more money than indexes (like sp500), for example a good trader last year made 40% trading stocks on sp500.

2 years ago trading and gaining 30% would have been great for a trader.

Holding bitcoin in the last 10 years on average returns 200% a year.

Are you sure trading bitcoin is a smart idea?

So many are getting Rekt day trading or scalping when all they needed to do was hodl.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, lavezzi said:

LOL ????

God, there is nothing to study on BLC and BTC. It's a mirage to make crypto believers self important, over a complete scam. Amazing.

What does the most successful investor in history think about crypto?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-warren-buffett-hates-bitcoin-220000544.html

It’s “probably rat poison squared,” Warren Buffett once said.

1. It has ‘no unique value at all’

“They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem.”

anyone stating that blockchain is a scam, or useless, or has no value is:

1) a troll, or

2) intentionally spreading misinformation for their own profit, or

3) plain stupid

no exceptions.

Concerning Bitcoin - yes, it sukcs and must perish.

• Haha 1

On 2/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

US Dollar -

Inflationary (25% of total supply printed in the last 12 months)

Backed by nothing but Govt. promises and debt

Controlled by a centralized authority (in this case the US Govt. and you really trust them?)

Can be seized / frozen by authorities at any time

Doesn't really belong to you unless it is in your pocket or possession (and you can't carry that much of it around all the time so you have to trust banks)

Need banks or third party to transfer over distance

Used by criminals because its fairly untraceable

Can be stolen easily (physical robbery, theft, etc.)

Bitcoin - 

Capped supply of 21 million (there will never be more)

Backed by the biggest network in the World (the internet of money)

Not controlled by anyone

You directly own and are responsible for your own funds (no need to trust a third party)

Extremely hard to steal from someone

No banks or third parties required

Can be used as a totally secure store of value

Can send almost instantly to anyone anywhere in the World without the need for a third party

Trust-less (no need to trust anyone else)

Network can never be taken offline, hacked or stopped

Pseudonymous (similar to an IP address)

All transactions are recorded on an immutable ledger (no good for criminals)

It's a no brainer and the future of money. 

You are right gold and silver have been money for thousands of years.

On 3/17/2021 at 1:36 PM, Susco said:

What does the most successful investor in history think about crypto?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-warren-buffett-hates-bitcoin-220000544.html

It’s “probably rat poison squared,” Warren Buffett once said.

1. It has ‘no unique value at all’

“They don't reproduce, they can't mail you a check, they can't do anything, and what you hope is that somebody else comes along and pays you more money for them later on, but then that person's got the problem.”

for our crypto friends who have a hard time understanding what "intrinsic value" is for an asset, this is what it is.

intrinsic values means having certain unique valuable properties for physical assets or producing a string of future cash flows for financial assets. Discounting those future cash flows at the cost of money, gives you the fundamental value of that asset.

The only "fundamental value" aka "intrinsic value" of BTC is how much money can be laundered with that system, and at what GPU and power costs LOL ????

therefore it's based on negative cash flows and some usage "flows", usage flows that can disappear overnight (power cut, Anti-ML regulations) so it has nothing to do with a solid foundation, and therefore it has no intrinsic value.

Hope that helps shed some light for our confused Crypto millennials ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

On 3/18/2021 at 1:35 AM, fdsa said:

anyone stating that blockchain is a scam, or useless, or has no value is:

1) a troll, or

3) plain stupid

no exceptions.

Concerning Bitcoin - yes, it sukcs and must perish.

I would say that everyone claiming that blockchain and cryptocurrencies are the same thing is

1) a troll, or

3) plain stupid

Did anyone in this thread claim blockchain is a scam.

1 hour ago, GrandPapillon said:

for our crypto friends who have a hard time understanding what "intrinsic value" is for an asset, this is what it is.

intrinsic values means having certain unique valuable properties for physical assets or producing a string of future cash flows for financial assets. Discounting those future cash flows at the cost of money, gives you the fundamental value of that asset.

The only "fundamental value" aka "intrinsic value" of BTC is how much money can be laundered with that system, and at what GPU and power costs LOL ????

therefore it's based on negative cash flows and some usage "flows", usage flows that can disappear overnight (power cut, Anti-ML regulations) so it has nothing to do with a solid foundation, and therefore it has no intrinsic value.

Hope that helps shed some light for our confused Crypto millennials ????

#Bitcoin runs on stranded energy at the edge of the grid and acts as a global battery for otherwise idle generation facilities. It recycles wasted energy, mitigates capital destruction, & provides a mechanism to commercialize clean, renewable energy wherever we may find it.

Clear enough.! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

you are delusional, as usual. I didn't ask mods to delete my posts. Jesus, you are living in Lala land ????

sorry, my memory was playing tricks. Seems that I was referring to this yours post:

On 3/18/2021 at 12:29 AM, GrandPapillon said:

God, there is nothing to study on BLC and BTC. It's a mirage to make crypto believers self important, over a complete scam. Amazing.

and stating that "BLC and BTC" is a "complete scam" means that you are either a troll, or ignorand/stupid. Or playing your own tricks for the profit.

• Sad 1

Just now, GrandPapillon said:

Blockchain is a kind of technology scam, claiming to do things that could never be done before. We all know this is not true, at least anyone with a clue in Tech who is not a clueless ignorant Millennial ????

BLC, the pointless tech

would you be so kind to point out a similar technology made before 2008?

I mean the distributed public database which everyone in the world could read, add data into, and the stored data is impossible to forge?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fdsa said:

would you be so kind to point out a similar technology made before 2008?

I mean the distributed public database which everyone in the world could read, add data into, and the stored data is impossible to forge?

I don't think you were born before 2008, so you wouldn't know what to look for ????

useless tech has been pandemic for the last 10 years, basically coders looking for inspiration and creating APIs, crapware and framework that nobody needs or care, except for a few bored geeks ????

BLC got lucky with BTC, it promoted the useless tech, and let's be honest here, if it wasn't for the spectacular price increases and speculation of BTC, nobody would have heard or care enough for BLC.

BLC and smart contracts doesn't address a real tech issue, or a real problem that needs to be solved. Only in the minds of bored geeks ????

• Haha 1