Thailand reports 166 new COVID-19 cases

rooster59

Thailand reports 166  new COVID-19 cases

14808-thailand-to-administer-10-million-covid-19-vaccine-shots-monthly-from-june.jpg

Image: Reuters

Thailand reported 166 new coronavirus cases on Sunday.

Most of  the new cases were again discovered during testing of migrant workers at quarantine facilities and hospitals in Samut Sakhon.

Of the new cases, 138 were local transmissions, while 28 cases were imported from people entering quarantine.

Thailand’s Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) also reported that 862 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

2,380 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre. No additional deaths were reported. 

Sunday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 24,571 with 80 deaths. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-14

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

These numbers are very interesting as 124 cases have been found connected to a wet market in Pathum Thani announced yesterday whereas yesterday's figure was 126 mainly in Samut Sakhon and today is 166 mainly in Samut Sakhon.

Yes, the numbers do "Not" add up in my view.  

• Like 2

CCSA:  Mirror Mirror on the wall how many Covid Numbers will we have before Fall.

Mirror: Depends on if you want to be economical in juggling numbers or just plain stop listing non migrants and quit testing.

CCSA:  Hmmm sounds to me that we shall be at Zero then for Songkran, Party on.

Mirror: Oh boy looking through rose colored glasses again.

59 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

These numbers are very interesting as 124 cases have been found connected to a wet market in Pathum Thani announced yesterday whereas yesterday's figure was 126 mainly in Samut Sakhon and today is 166 mainly in Samut Sakhon.

Different batches reported from different locations at different times. Pretty normal.  166 from Samut Sakhon is not necessarily 166 tested in one day, but the number reported that day.

Anyway, you want time of testing, not reporting date.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Of the new cases, 138 were local transmissions, while 28 cases were imported from people entering quarantine.

I keep reading about people coming from abroad and then it appears that they test positive upon arrival. I thought they had to be cleared of the virus before entering Thailand. Doesn't say much for whatever country is issuing the test results. Just thankful that Thailand is on the ball. Or am I missing something?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Here's a baffling number to me, walk in cases now outnumber proactive case finding in Samut Sakhon. That just does not sit right to me. Also no proactive case finding in Bangkok but there are 11 walk in cases.

89 proactive case: Samut Sakhon 11, Nonthaburi 1, Rayong 3, Tak 7,Pathum Thani 67

49 “walk-in” hospital cases: Bangkok 11, Saraburi 2, Nakhon Pathom 1, Khorat 1, Samut Prakan 1, Samut Sakhon 33

• Like 2

Just saw an article where 4 people who had received both doses of the Moderna Vaccine in the US have now tested positive for Covid.  Genome sequencing is now starting to see <deleted> is going on.  I know this is off topic but thought it was related to the facts that no vaccinations have started here and the AstraZenica Vaccine has been put in a hold pattern in South Africa.  Testing and herd immunity.  How can you say both in the same sentence without testing the population.  If they are hoping to attain that in Samut Sakhon and then open up borders it still makes no sense at all.  My Daughter is a Surgical ICU PA working in Lane county Hospitals in the Covid Units, and she herself has had both Moderna vaccinations.  Very concerning since they have also cut back on the PPE equipment due to cost.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021/02/4-oregonians-were-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-but-still-tested-positive-representing-some-of-the-first-true-breakthrough-cases-in-the-nation.html

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's a baffling number to me, walk in cases now outnumber proactive case finding in Samut Sakhon. That just does not sit right to me. Also no proactive case finding in Bangkok but there are 11 walk in cases.

89 proactive case: Samut Sakhon 11, Nonthaburi 1, Rayong 3, Tak 7,Pathum Thani 67

49 “walk-in” hospital cases: Bangkok 11, Saraburi 2, Nakhon Pathom 1, Khorat 1, Samut Prakan 1, Samut Sakhon 33

They say they have sealed the migrant workers into bubbles to prevent further spread of the virus but as you say 33 in Samut Sakhon are "walk-in" hospital cases, how?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

They say they have sealed the migrant workers into bubbles to prevent further spread of the virus but as you say 33 in Samut Sakhon are "walk-in" hospital cases, how?

That is a very good question, and one that should be asked of the CCSA.  However, you can never get a straight answer from them it seems.  My e-mails to them have gone un-responded to.....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just saw an article where 4 people who had received both doses of the Moderna Vaccine in the US have now tested positive for Covid.  Genome sequencing is now starting to see <deleted> is going on.  I know this is off topic but thought it was related to the facts that no vaccinations have started here and the AstraZenica Vaccine has been put in a hold pattern in South Africa.  Testing and herd immunity.  How can you say both in the same sentence without testing the population.  If they are hoping to attain that in Samut Sakhon and then open up borders it still makes no sense at all.  My Daughter is a Surgical ICU PA working in Lane county Hospitals in the Covid Units, and she herself has had both Moderna vaccinations.  Very concerning since they have also cut back on the PPE equipment due to cost.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2021/02/4-oregonians-were-fully-vaccinated-against-covid-but-still-tested-positive-representing-some-of-the-first-true-breakthrough-cases-in-the-nation.html

A bit like the 4100 health care worker that got infected in Australia after being told masks were effective in protecting them from the virus.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

I am sure "the slaves" as you call them would far rather be here than home, where they will get no treatment at all, no food, no help, no medication, nowhere to sleep & probaby die along with their wife & child.If you have not lived & worked in those countries better to keep your mouth shut.

The press has a wonderful way of stirring the pot

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

The walk-in cases are not migrant workers.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rabas said:

Different batches reported from different locations at different times. Pretty normal.  166 from Samut Sakhon is not necessarily 166 tested in one day, but the number reported that day.

Anyway, you want time of testing, not reporting date.

As I said the Prathum Thani numbers were announced yesterday. These numbers should have been in either yesterday's or more likely today's numbers accounting for the lag. 

31 minutes ago, George Bowman said:

I keep reading about people coming from abroad and then it appears that they test positive upon arrival. I thought they had to be cleared of the virus before entering Thailand. Doesn't say much for whatever country is issuing the test results. Just thankful that Thailand is on the ball. Or am I missing something?

It may be due to the fact the test day is not the negative result day.

Recently, to work at an oil refinery in the UK i was required to show a neg test result 72 hours before i entered site. I was tested at 8 am on a Saturday morning, got my result Monday evening, forwarded the result to the site safety office and was allowed onto site a few days later. My neg result actually only showed i was Covid free over 6 days before i was cleared for entry. 

If the airlines are working to the same timeline, a passanger is "Covid free" 6 or 7 days before the flight, not 3 days before the flight.

Not sure if that is also the airlines way of thinking or if it is test and neg result within 72 hours.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

As I said the Prathum Thani numbers were announced yesterday. These numbers should have been in either yesterday's or more likely today's numbers accounting for the lag. 

The media can be confusing.

-- Phatum Thani reported 60 on Thursday and another 67 today, which were included in the totals.

-- Google "67 of 166 new Covid cases Sunday from Pathum Thani"

-- The number 124 was a sum over 3 days, reported Saturday, so includes the 60.

Without knowing what came from where when and was summed how, it gets confusing fast.

What can be concluded is Phatum Thani does not look very good.

• Like 1