‘World’s friendliest city’ Chiang Mai suffering with Covid-19 crippling tourism industry, but some are finding new ways to cope

webfact

1 hour ago, Patong2021 said:

Yes, many small shops closed, but was there really a good reason to have multiple 7-11s and  Family marts within 1 km.sq.?

Not where I live near MaeJo University.

About 15-20 marts/7s/lotus/BigC within 1Km of my place and they all seem to be doing a thriving business.

(BigC opened in the last year)

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

One reaps what they sow...the golden goose will only lay so many eggs......rent close to both locals and tourists and choose your shops wisely-  I eat with local and street food daily...

But you''re not a tourist, and you're used to living in a 3rd world country and mixing with 3rd world people.

Western tourists generally aren't prepared to do that.

Nobody could have predicted foreign tourists would be gone forever 18 months ago.

(Without it being the end of the world as we know it)

Edited by BritManToo

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But you''re not a tourist, and you're used to living in a 3rd world country and mixing with 3rd world people.

Western tourists generally aren't prepared to do that.

Nobody could have predicted foreign tourists would be gone forever 18 months ago.

(Without it being the end of the world as we know it)

After over a decade in LOS I always expect the worst but hope for the best......heres to hoping some thais have learned some real life lessons, as no one can control the future.

The Golden Goose will not lay eggs forever, or dont put all your eggs in one basket......life lessons-....as they say in Love and War..be prepared....adapt to the waves or drown under them