Please recommend me a good family resort in Phuket.

strandedmalaysia

2 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Movenpick, Kamala

Andamanttra Resort, Patong

When did the Kamala Beach property open? Does it even exist? Their website doesn't appear to think so: https://www.movenpick.com/en/

I prefer to rent a beach house in so I can control the environment, as opposed to a hotel with a tiny room and potential carriers milling around.

24 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

When did the Kamala Beach property open? Does it even exist? Their website doesn't appear to think so: https://www.movenpick.com/en/

I prefer to rent a beach house in so I can control the environment, as opposed to a hotel with a tiny room and potential carriers milling around.

Sorry, meant to say Swisshotel, Kamala.

8 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Sorry, meant to say Swisshotel, Kamala.

NO, unless u want them crossing a busy road. IF its open

Sunwing resort, directly on beach in Kamala but u might need up ur budget depending on when ur travelling
you would have the pools to urself most days  ????
walking distance to food, shopping, bars

There are also 5-6 smaller hotels ( some wiht pools but no slides ) directly on beach few hundered meters down from Sunwing ....which is currently also offering, for 250 baht, full day use of pools and that applies to food credit!!

Edited by zzzzz

13 hours ago, strandedmalaysia said:

Planning to travel to Phuket with family, any good resorts/hotels within walking distance to white sand beach, has kids playground or water slide pool? range of budget for room is 1000-2500 baht/night. thinking to stay 6 days to get good coverage sightseeing of Phuket.

I stayed at the Novotel Vintage Park Resort some time ago with the family, nice, big clean hotel, good breakfast, huge pool, no slides that I can remember, but within walking distance of beach and main shopping centres.

Plenty of 5 star hotels also offering great deals, just a matter of searching for them on say their Facebook pages, like the Hilton were I stayed for around 2,350 baht per night for a room catering for 4 with ocean views, big pool, water slide, but not in Phuket, but am sure you can get the same there and other hotels would be offering the same, just don't know about the slides.

If your into a budget of the lower end, would suggest iBis, a family room sleeps 4, good sixe room, kids get double bunks, good hotel, good breakfast, but no water slides, kids pool and adult pool. 

Centara has a water park but it is in Karon which is 90% shut.  A much better bet is the former Outrigger/Movenpick, now rebranded as Saii Laguna, inside Laguna area. Great hotel with water slide and excellent pool, directly on the beach and with a range of beach bars and restaurants adjacent.  Should be offering rooms in your price range at this time.  There are free bus and lagoon boat shuttles to all the other Laguna Hotels, and it is near Boat Avenue, Porto De Phuket (both with many restaurants, bars (all ranges) and supermarkets, and Blue Tree Water Park, all in adjacent Cherngtalay, which is fantastic for kids. The Laguna/Cherngtalay area is still mostly open and quite vibrant still.

Edited by stuarty

outrigger 1 room 2 adults twin rooms sea view for next week 3,334 booking direct

2, 307 on booking.com. https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/outrigger-phuket-beach-resort.en-gb.html?aid=390156;label=duc511jc-1DCAso3QFCHW91dHJpZ2dlci1waHVrZXQtYmVhY2gtcmVzb3J0SDNYA2jdAYgBAZgBCbgBF8gBDNgBA-gBAYgCAagCA7gChYqzgQbAAgHSAiQ1OTEzMTJmNi0wNDBlLTQ1YmItOGQ5Zi00YmNlZmRiMzMxZWHYAgTgAgE;sid=8f35c080f37aaec56287bb8eee4258a8;dist=0&group_adults=2&group_children=0&keep_landing=1&no_rooms=1&sb_price_type=total&type=total&#map_closed

didn't realize their room s were that inexpensive.. but price steeply climbs when you add in kids and breakfast at 900 baht each!!

agree, lots  open in Chern talay and laguana

Note Blue water is about 5 kms towards the monument..

Edited by zzzzz

On 2/18/2021 at 1:36 AM, madmitch said:

The Splash Resort might be worth a look for a couple of days as it includes entry to the Splash Jungle Water Park. Very cheap on Agoda right now. Thinking of booking a night or two for my family.

The water park is closed.

I'd contact Sunwing Kamala or Impiana Hotel in Patong direct for a rate, don't bother with booking agents.

Impiana was doing a suite for 1.5k a night when a friend stayed there last month- 5  rooms were taken up in the whole complex. Sunwing had 3 (!) ccupants the other day when I was talking to a member of staff as I passed along the beach.

Sunwing is the better choice IMHO as there's a bit more life to Kamala than Patong at the moment. Both places are on the beach (well, not ON the beach but right next to it ????).

13 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I'd contact Sunwing Kamala or Impiana Hotel in Patong direct for a rate, don't bother with booking agents.

Impiana was doing a suite for 1.5k a night when a friend stayed there last month- 5  rooms were taken up in the whole complex. Sunwing had 3 (!) ccupants the other day when I was talking to a member of staff as I passed along the beach.

Sunwing is the better choice IMHO as there's a bit more life to Kamala than Patong at the moment. Both places are on the beach (well, not ON the beach but right next to it ????).

on the side walk ...Lol

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Perhaps you can tell them. https://splashbeachresort.com/en/waterpark/

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

Odd. The Splash Jungle website states something different! https://splashjungle.com/ I drove past it last Sunday and I thought it was open as there were cars in the car park.

My son went with a few friends Saturday 13 February. Definitely open on saturdays.

• Thanks 1