Asia’s EV battle front opens up as China’s Great Wall Motor plans to launch nine electric car models in Thailand in the next three years

webfact

24 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

EVs are great but what about all the required charging stations? 

I have notice a few already out in the sticks (Lopburi). Useful ones in shopping malls ans hardware stores 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

EVs are great but what about all the required charging stations? 

PTT, MEA, PEA all jockeying.

PTT said at least 100 this year.

MEA has an app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=th.mea.evcharger&hl=en&gl=US

Not sure how many EVs are availble here though. Did see a Porsche Taycan 4S on display here on FB.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I've been looking at the MG ZS EV.

1.19 million baht and a decent 260km range.

They were all too expensive before but now they're becoming more affordable.

They seem to go like stink too,  I was behind a nice looking light blue one recently.  Impressive acceleration away from traffic lights.

The dealership network appears to be improving, one 42 kms and one 100 kms away.

Phetchabun/Lop Buri border. 

I wonder what the ‘crash rating’ will be like on these cars... 

Will they crush like a tin can or be made with safety standards we expect from manufacturers who meet stringent NCAP requirements? 

competition is great, I hope that comes with minimum safety standards but fear those standards may fall short. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There are 400 registered EV car makers in China.

I find that the top nine Chinese-owned EV car makers (Telsa is American-owned and only in October 2019 did it begin selling Chinese manufactured Telsa's in China) include BYD Auto, Geely, SAIC Motor, BAIC Group, GAC, Chery, Chana, Dongfeng and FAW Goup.

From what I infer reading the subject and other articles about The Great Wall Motor company, it hasn't yet produced EV cars for sale in China, or anywhere else. It seems Thailand would be its first market.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, phutoie2 said:

They seem to go like stink too,  I was behind a nice looking light blue one recently.  Impressive acceleration away from traffic lights.

The dealership network appears to be improving, one 42 kms and one 100 kms away.

Phetchabun/Lop Buri border. 

That sounds perfect as wifey is from Phetchabun.....all I have to do now is try and get her to return to Thailand because she wants to stay in the UK ????

EV's give all of their power all of the time

• Like 1

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder what the ‘crash rating’ will be like on these cars... 

Will they crush like a tin can or be made with safety standards we expect from manufacturers who meet stringent NCAP requirements? 

competition is great, I hope that comes with minimum safety standards but fear those standards may fall short. 

The MG ZS EV has a five-star NCAP rating.