Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Speeding ticket

AlfHuy

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Just an expression my dear Richard, just an expression. Woud you like it shaken or stirred?
Yes, I have totally adapted to the ways in Thailand, and feel at peace with that.

Agreed, there are a lot of things to let go which makes life easier and we can be at piece with. 

Other issues not so much.

Just one question: How can you get pulled over for driving 80kmh in a 90kmh zone?

I've been pulled over for speeding. The BiB had no idea how fast I was going but could only tell me I was speeding. 

They said a speed camera down the road registered my speed, the still couldn’t tell me how fast I was going (they could have even lied !!)... I’m simply argued I wasn’t speeding and they let me go !!!...

Why would that be recognized on camera? Moreover, why would anyone cry for people working making a misstake? (Sorry, more then one question. I guess you got the better of me. ???? )

The point that another poster mentioned: In the West there are checks and measures on speed cameras, calibration etc, fines are usually sent when a ’speeder’ is regifted outside of a specific tolerance to allow for ‘calibration’ drift (or whatever we want to call it).

In Thailand there are no such measures or legislation, no checks. The fines are small and the points system inexistent (at the moment) so we don’t mind. However, once fines and penalties increase calibration mistakes will become more costly to us and without a ’tolerance’ people will be fined unfairly. 

i.e. travelling at 88kmh in a 90 zone and getting snapped at 92kmh and receiving a fine.

Another common fine here is for crossing a white solid white line in area’s where crossing such a line is perfectly safe, unavoidable or not doing so is nonsensical... plenty of examples in BKK alone but too much to go into in a single post. 

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Agreed, there are a lot of things to let go which makes life easier and we can be at piece with. 

Other issues not so much.

I've been pulled over for speeding. The BiB had no idea how fast I was going but could only tell me I was speeding. 

They said a speed camera down the road registered my speed, the still couldn’t tell me how fast I was going (they could have even lied !!)... I’m simply argued I wasn’t speeding and they let me go !!!...

The point that another poster mentioned: In the West there are checks and measures on speed cameras, calibration etc, fines are usually sent when a ’speeder’ is regifted outside of a specific tolerance to allow for ‘calibration’ drift (or whatever we want to call it).

In Thailand there are no such measures or legislation, no checks. The fines are small and the points system inexistent (at the moment) so we don’t mind. However, once fines and penalties increase calibration mistakes will become more costly to us and without a ’tolerance’ people will be fined unfairly. 

i.e. travelling at 88kmh in a 90 zone and getting snapped at 92kmh and receiving a fine.

Another common fine here is for crossing a white solid white line in area’s where crossing such a line is perfectly safe, unavoidable or not doing so is nonsensical... plenty of examples in BKK alone but too much to go into in a single post.

Yeah, Haven´t we all been pulled over for speeding, by cops trying to fake things and earn a buck? Good on youfor not paying. I do same and they just shake their head and say go. ???? They just try a fast one, and have no proof whatsoever. That has nothing to do with getting fined. It has to do with self confidence and letting them know it´s impossible to BS a Bullzhitter!

I know what point he was making. Just that you can´t say that driving 98 where it is 90 is not speeding, assuming the speed is measured correct of course. The thing here is that we all know it isn´t, but that´s just fine. Then we just have to drive 80 where it is 90 to be on the safe side. As I say this is Thailand. Maybe many people think that´s a bad thing, then so be it. Other things they belive is good, and that´s the reasons they chose to live in Thailand. I have never found a country in the world that is perfect and without things I do not diagree with. Have been in around 100 countries, so I am speaking out of experience.

That´s why I am saying it´s just to accept that good with the bad, and see it for what it is. The result ends with: If a person want to live in Thailand and experience all the good things they like and want to reside here for. Yeah, then they just have to drive in80 where it stands 90 to be sure. That is called adapting to the environment, instead of fighting the obvious. Otherwise a fair solution would be to take away one good thing that a person like with Thailand, everytime they want to erase a bad thing. That would also end with a scenario that creates complaining people.

Just accept it for what it is and do your best to adapt and make your life a fine free one, instead of changing something in a country many people chosed over their home country.

Not saying I am right, but it´s a way and an opinion that makes you live life without worries in peace with yourself and the country as well as the population you chose to reside in.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:55 PM, AlfHuy said:

No, nothing to see from Krungthai bank.

At the bottom right, they give options, where to pay.

B2B, TopsDaily, Powerbuy etc.

I went to a few but they checked on their system, played a bit around, asked for my ID number but at the end, they all sent me away and said to try somewhere else.

If you have a KTB account you can pay them online or through the app.  It appears KTB is the only bank that handles this.

5 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

Your mistake was not adding a hundred baht note to the policeman when showing your license. Then no ticket and no problem.

And your’s was not reading the opening post.....  where the opening poster indicates he received the fine by post !!!

But.. lets go with your story for a moment... BiB pulls you over to tell you the road ahead is closed, you open the window and stuff your licence along with 100B into his hand... BiB hands your licence back, salutes you as you as you drive off with a smile on your face thinking you’ve out played the player !!!! 

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Never get speeding tickets - speed all the time.

Bikes and cars both

Well, you are no good to this thread then are you boyo !!! you have no experience of where or how to pay speeding tickets !!!!! :guitar:

You are living on borrowed time sunny-jim, your speeding places all of our lives at risk, your outrageous disregard for others is telling of your true nature, you wouldn’t dare get away with this in your home country why would you do this in Thailand?, you give us all a bad name, do you drink drive too... ok ok.. I can’t keep up the ridiculous sanctimony !!! :hit-the-fan:

I’ll try this tactic...  I knew there was a hero in our midst !! - Driving within the speed limit is for Pu$$ies.... :clap2:

More seriously though - on pretty much every journey I take on the expressway when its quiet I find myself drifting over the speed limit unless I put the cruise control on (I know, terrible disregard for others) !!! - Its my wife who gets all the tickets !

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yeah, Haven´t we all been pulled over for speeding, by cops trying to fake things and earn a buck? Good on youfor not paying. I do same and they just shake their head and say go. ???? They just try a fast one, and have no proof whatsoever. That has nothing to do with getting fined. It has to do with self confidence and letting them know it´s impossible to BS a Bullzhitter!

I know what point he was making. Just that you can´t say that driving 98 where it is 90 is not speeding, assuming the speed is measured correct of course. The thing here is that we all know it isn´t, but that´s just fine. Then we just have to drive 80 where it is 90 to be on the safe side. As I say this is Thailand. Maybe many people think that´s a bad thing, then so be it. Other things they belive is good, and that´s the reasons they chose to live in Thailand. I have never found a country in the world that is perfect and without things I do not diagree with. Have been in around 100 countries, so I am speaking out of experience.

That´s why I am saying it´s just to accept that good with the bad, and see it for what it is. The result ends with: If a person want to live in Thailand and experience all the good things they like and want to reside here for. Yeah, then they just have to drive in80 where it stands 90 to be sure. That is called adapting to the environment, instead of fighting the obvious. Otherwise a fair solution would be to take away one good thing that a person like with Thailand, everytime they want to erase a bad thing. That would also end with a scenario that creates complaining people.

Just accept it for what it is and do your best to adapt and make your life a fine free one, instead of changing something in a country many people chosed over their home country.

Not saying I am right, but it´s a way and an opinion that makes you live life without worries in peace with yourself and the country as well as the population you chose to reside in.

Now that opinion  I can agree with. ???? You have to fit in. Have lived here 13 or 14 years, but it didn’t take me long to realize that.

I recently updated my car cam, and it now shows speed. If I’m in the wrong I’m quite willing to except it.

I can download to my phone. However it does take a long time, and I guess the Bib will get <deleted> off waiting and say off you go.

I do think some speed limits are crazy. Limits in towns is 60 km/h unless posted otherwise, Is crazy fast in many situations. The 90 km/h limit, on basically all other roads, Including Dual carriage ways running  through the countryside, I think is somewhat low, as it seems does everyone else.

• Like 1

Op, 

You are wasting your time.   

2 attempts, and let them come to you.

You made effort, intent and spent energy.

.Let it go.

There will be plenty of opportunities to pay for other speeding tickets or fines of one bulb out on your rear plate, although you have two and the plate is illuminated well from 25 meters away.

Let it go.