Speeding ticket

AlfHuy

Good morning,

I got through the post, 2 tickets.

Both from last year December.

One on the way to Koh Chang, the other on the way back.

97 instead of 90

99 instead of 90

On this forms are various shops where I can pay.

I went to tops market, they checked. NOOO, can not.

I went to power buy, they checked. NOOO, can not, please go to tops market 5555

Any idea how I can pay those tickets?

Thanks

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

Just want to do the right thing.

I was too fast and that's it. I probably thought it was 120 permitted.

It's 2 times 500 Baht;

I was reading somewhere that if you have outstanding fines, you can't renew your drivers license.

My is due in May.

Up to you, there should be a number to call, maybe you can go to the local cop shop and pay it and get a discount, although I would want a receipt ????

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds like speeding tickets from highway police with the logo of (sent by!) Krung Thai bank?

1539662631131?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=aiUG

And that is the real punishment: you have to pay at this bank (any branch).

Can be terribly crowded but look for a "quick" queue number direct to the teller.

No, nothing to see from Krungthai bank.

At the bottom right, they give options, where to pay.

B2B, TopsDaily, Powerbuy etc.

I went to a few but they checked on their system, played a bit around, asked for my ID number but at the end, they all sent me away and said to try somewhere else.

On the backside of ticket which is actually a A4 paper, it says:

.... considered that the owner of vehicle has received ticked 15 days after the above mentioned date ... lol

Ticket on 19th december

Received yesterday.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

No, nothing to see from Krungthai bank.

At the bottom right, they give options, where to pay.

B2B, TopsDaily, Powerbuy etc.

I went to a few but they checked on their system, played a bit around, asked for my ID number but at the end, they all sent me away and said to try somewhere else.

My error

at the rear of the paper, bottom left, there's a Krungthai sticker.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Thanks Papa.

97 isn't really speeding, is it?

I thought it was 120 allowed and didn't see anywhere a restriction of 90kmh

Thanks for the advice.

Up to you! It your responsibility to check signs and/or know what the speed limit is. In the traffic law and rules it stands what the limit is on specific roads if no signs are provided. You are supposed to read that or know it.

And yes, if it is 90 as a speed limit, then 97 is speeding. That as well as if the speed limit is 120, then 130 is speeding. Sorry, but that is a fact you will find hard to deny. Have a nice day, and don´t forget to pay your tickets. ???? You will save much money on keeping to the speed limits and/or plan your time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

KTB is also the contact for aged pensions and COVID assistance having lines more than 1km on Monday this week (but that should have been a one-off).

As for Thailand not having a points system - starts in two months:

Thailand's delayed points-deduction system for driving licences should finally be launched in April, said the Department of Land Transport (DLT) on Tuesday. Drivers will start with 100 points on their licence, with deductions varying from 5 points to 35 points according to the seriousness of the traffic offence.Feb 4, 2564 BE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Where are the rules or laws for sleeping at 9 or not take a drink out with someone? Clean your hands and wear a mask is something everyone should take seriously during a pandemic.

You should try to take speeding seriously too, as you might get more tickets to pay. One more thing, speeding is also regulated by law. Something your childish try with bed time ain´t.

Please you make a fuss over nothing. His speed variance was insignificant. Even In jurisdictions of tough enforcement, the police do not ticket  for small variance in speed like this. It was 7% and 10%. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

.... considered that the owner of vehicle has received ticked 15 days after the above mentioned date ... lol

OK, I see. That sounds different from what I had gotten.

15 days is for "local police" tickets.

Not sure whether you can pay at any police station.

Only occasion where I had this I could pay at the police station that issued the ticket.

Otherwise as written above: post office is the last resort.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Well said. Don't expect endless judicial appeal about calibration of instrument, method of measurement, relative angle, last training course of officers etc. to work.

Yeah, it regards everything in society. It takes a whole lot of years to adjust and get used to it, but when you reach that point it´s like Nirvana. You are suddenly made of steel and nothing sticks on you. ????????

1 hour ago, AlfHuy said:

Sorted

Went to post office.

Paid 2X 500+15Baht fee.

Total 1030 

Thanks for feedback.

Post office usually quite relaxed.

Fee at Krung Thai for highway ticket is 20 Baht per payment by the way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlfHuy said:
7 hours ago, LennyW said:

Only place you can pay now is KrungThai bank, also now if you dont pay you will not be able to renew your vehicle road tax.

that's what I read somewhere.

Thanks

Not sure about that - we’ve had outstanding fines for a few years now...  Never an issue when we renew the tax etc...

I wondered when or if the ’tax vs fines’ would be linked or if it really is. 

That said... 'cough cough’ - always pay your fines !!! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Yeah, it regards everything in society. It takes a whole lot of years to adjust and get used to it, but when you reach that point it´s like Nirvana. You are suddenly made of steel and nothing sticks on you. ????????

Your opinion makes sense, pity it's nonsense     give it a rest

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Or you could just chose to ignore it if it bothers you.

No need to ignore it. These opinions help others recognise that there are those out there who don’t question anything and blindly conform, believing they are adapting and think they’ve hit Nirvana...  until they start crying when they are driving at 80kmh and get pulled over for speeding in a 90 zone because its on a camera !!!

Of course, its easier to roll with the small stuff, but don’t pretend you’ve adapted or have reached some state of nirvana !!... You’re just more prepared than others to take a rogering and smile afterwards !!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No need to ignore it. These opinions help others recognise that there are those out there who don’t question anything and blindly conform, believing they are adapting and think they’ve hit Nirvana...  until they start crying when they are driving at 80kmh and get pulled over for speeding in a 90 zone because its on a camera !!!

Of course, its easier to roll with the small stuff, but don’t pretend you’ve adapted or have reached some state of nirvana !!... You’re just more prepared than others to take a rogering and smile afterwards !!!

Just an expression my dear Richard, just an expression. Woud you like it shaken or stirred?

Yes, I have totally adapted to the ways in Thailand, and feel at peace with that.

Just one question: How can you get pulled over for driving 80kmh in a 90kmh zone? Why would that be recognized on camera? Moreover, why would anyone cry for people working making a misstake? (Sorry, more then one question. I guess you got the better of me. ???? )

On 2/17/2021 at 11:13 AM, AlfHuy said:

Good morning,

I got through the post, 2 tickets.

Both from last year December.

One on the way to Koh Chang, the other on the way back.

97 instead of 90

99 instead of 90

On this forms are various shops where I can pay.

I went to tops market, they checked. NOOO, can not.

I went to power buy, they checked. NOOO, can not, please go to tops market 5555

Any idea how I can pay those tickets?

Thanks

Post office.