Villa quarantine in Phuket could be allowed soon

webfact

3 minutes ago, treetops said:

SilkAir started a twice weekly service from SIN a week or so ago, going by the semi commercial flight list and internet flight logs.

Good to hear, Phuket not on my wish list but they could surely do with more visitors flying in.

Phuket to host first travel bubble ‘villa quarantine’ tourists to Thailand

By The Phuket News

1613555872_1-org.jpg

The 70 foreign tourists will land in Phuket on Sunday (Feb 21) CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin announced today (Feb 17). Screenshot: via Bangkok Post

PHUKET:-- A total of 70 foreign tourists will arrive in Phuket by charter flight this weekend and become the first group of tourists to have ‘villa quarantine’ in Thailand, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced today (Feb 17). 

Dr Taweesilp announced the news during the CCSA’s daily update on the COVID-19 situation broadcast from Government House in Bangkok this morning.

“The tourists will arrive on a flight from Indonesia. They will be arriving as a ‘travel bubble’ and will have already been swab tested [for COVID-19] five to six times before they arrive here,” he said.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-to-host-first-travel-bubble-villa-quarantine-tourists-to-thailand-79053.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-17

14 hours ago, Salerno said:

More like an ad than news.

Cheaper versions already available (issue being direct flight to Phuket): Aleenta Resort & Spa, Grand Deluxe Pool Villas @ 169K.

Aleenta-Resort-Spa-ALQ-Package-Info-Reviews-THAIest.png.bb04b8ac80e9f28b63714c61df1720b7.png

I've stayed there before (not related to covid), its a nice place and you got a better chance not going mad there than in a normal hotel room with the walls closing in on you.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

The CCSA will consider a new quarantine measure, called “Villa Quarantine”, with a luxury hotel in Phuket being the first to implement it.

i won't mind being in quarantine in that luxuyy hotel provided CCSA pays overnight hotel stays

18 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Interesting, 

“They are rich and coming to Phuket on a charter flight on Feb 21"

"Members of the group come from America, Canada, Denmark, Brazil, France and Ukraine,” Dr Taweesilp explained.

I have read elsewhere, that this is a group social influencers. They are probably invited by TOT and will be wined an dined for the Thai taxpayers money.

• Like 1

Friends of my wife who are coming to Phuket coming week had booked at that place and now have last minute cancellations. Seems the whole resort is blocked off for this group. Hope it will bring Thailand a return, because the bill will be astronomical (its one of the most expensive places to stay on Phuket).

On 2/17/2021 at 4:00 PM, treetops said:

This place is already on the ASQ approved list.  With prices starting at 346,000 THB it'll get a few posters here squealing.

image.png.7a4361f64e2f362099e49bb136a0c531.png

Ah, yes. Go for it Thailand. Tourism salvation in appealing to the wealthy. Wait, how many wealthy internationally open to doing to Thailand? How many middle class in the world open to come g to Thailand? I am just critically thinking here but coming to the conclusion that the wealthy, while certainly worth pursuing, will not bring in the people nor income numbers needed. I due note, while looking at a potential trip to the sea, that I see some hotels wanting to make up for loss revenues ... good luck with that. 

13 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

I've stayed there before (not related to covid), its a nice place and you got a better chance not going mad there than in a normal hotel room with the walls closing in on you.

I've stayed there (Aleenta) too.  It's a very comfortable resort and quarantining in a pool villa would be a bearable, if very expensive option.  Most I could afford there was 1 week.