Pattaya and Jomtien beaches ranked among best on eastern seaboard

webfact

Pattaya and Jomtien beaches ranked among best on eastern seaboard

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

Pattaya's deputy mayor Manot Nongyai was full of himself with praise and pride after a survey conducted by environmental authorities listed Pattaya and Jomtien beaches in the top ten on the eastern seaboard. 

Manager called it great news and Manot enthused praising the locals for their environmental awareness.

"This is your just reward", he said sporting a beaming smile.

It certainly was all hail Pattaya - environmental wonder of the Eastern Seaboard. 

However, within hours the heavens had opened and by nightfall Pattaya news organistaions were on the beach that had been partially washed away by flood waters. 

10pm1.jpg

Picture: Manager

The deputy mayor was not to be seen but a JCB was hurriedly trying to put the beach marvel back together.

The survey was done by Region 13 environmentalists under the heading of the "Love Beaches" project and looked at the best beauty spots in Chonburi, Trat, Chanthaburi and Rayong. 

Manot said that city hall would be putting much more budget into beach improvements in Pattaya, Jomtien and Koh Larn in the future. 

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-18

Who exactly carried out this survey and did it include a health test of the water 

The beach might look pretty sometimes but is the water a health hazard 

In the west it is water quality that opens and closes beaches not if the sand looks pretty 

I am sure that the beach in Patts is nicer now that the tourists are not there. Jomtien is OK, I like Bang Saen better than both though. Sattahip has some nice beaches too, and no raw sewage.

Since I need to fly to get to the beaches anyway, I will stick to Phuket and Krabi. 🙂

15 hours ago, tgw said:

"we sampled 2 beaches, and Pattaya and Jomtien turned out on top of the ranking"

congrats for a job well done.

All contributors to the survey were named Manot Nongyai.

When no tourists are visiting Pattaya and Jomtien, the Fecal Coliform level in the water will naturally improve. Did they even check the water and where can we find these test results? Until I get fresh test results presented on a daily basis, I am still only brave enough to swim at the island beaches, when I visit the eastern seaboard.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Manot said that city hall would be putting much more budget into beach improvements in Pattaya, Jomtien and Koh Larn in the future.

More like...into  pockets.

Pockets full of money.jpg

18 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This morning both beaches had an AQI of about 160.  This sight is often what you see.  How the [email protected] did someone think  these were the best beaches??

Image result for pattaya plastic beach

Finally!!! Now I know where my second shoe is after my long night out.

Archived