Stop Panning Pattaya! Hard not to as beach is washed away after heavy rain - again

webfact

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The tragedy is that huge amounts of money are being spent and a lot of it appears to have been wasted. We keep revisiting the same problems over and over. 

The lesson is repeated until its learned......Wondering if LOS is waking to the reality of who they really are and WHOM they attract as tourists....ex Big money hiso chinese?????? Elites?

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

They need to mix the sand with cement, that will stop it washing away ????

regards Worgeordie

Reminds me of the Laos border-Vientiane--where you could get a Beer Lao and dinner on mekong on a bamboo outdoor cafe...now a slab of cement and yet another walking street...sigh

I recall the Mekong flooding the border town a decade ago as folks ate their pigs that drowned..etc...  really lost its ambiance after they rebuilt--errr laid the cement....anyhoo...

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Not to worry..the next planned upgrading of Beach Rd will put and end to this and along with the promised underground toilets Patts will streak ahead of Miami in bringing tourists back...:whistling:

Speaking of.......The next beach upgrade was to have started in January...Now.....Not a peep of news on what's happening with the new beach work....

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Would everybody be happier if the government simply concreted over the entire coastline in Pattaya?

No! All of Thai coastline  I remember Kata And Karon beaches before concrete!

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Speaking of.......The next beach upgrade was to have started in January...Now.....Not a peep of news on what's happening with the new beach work....

they are 'actually 'busy'' starting doing the same thing on the other side, near Na Jomtiem

Rinse and reapeat, as long as the money is flowing in the right pockets, all should be ok

2 hours ago, J Town said:

I really can't wrap my head around the concept of why it wouldn't be so easy to create drainage from beach road straight into the gulf. It's like 30 meters away!

I think maybe because it the same height as sea level? Water flows downhill and there ain’t no downhill from ground level to my eye 

Edited by MadMuhammad

2 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

they are 'actually 'busy'' starting doing the same thing on the other side, near Na Jomtiem

Rinse and reapeat, as long as the money is flowing in the right pockets, all should be ok

Busy?? This photo was from about a month ago. Was there a few days ago and as before - no work going on whatsoever. They also have their "temporary construction trailers" community installed. There goes the neighborhood. 

IMG_20210203_092754.jpg

IMG_20210203_093624.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Mayor Sontaya Khunpluem - under increasing pressure to put things right and stop wasting budget - has his work cut out. 

Time he was moved on to pastures new, and actually get someone in who knows how to do things and not just make empty promises.

11 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Busy?? This photo was from about a month ago. Was there a few days ago and as before - no work going on whatsoever. They also have their "temporary construction trailers" community installed. There goes the neighborhood. 

IMG_20210203_092754.jpg

IMG_20210203_093624.jpg

That's why i used 'the '' in my post

''busy'' here means they give the appearence of some work in progress

meanwhile the money is changing hands

When the deal will be complete, the work will finally goes with a cheap substandart realisation

(Using the money remaining) taking years to be partialy achieved and with a buch of defects, as usual

untill the next project or the next rehabilitation

rinse and repeat, the eternal Pattaya mantra

1 hour ago, MadMuhammad said:

I think maybe because it the same height as sea level? Water flows downhill and there ain’t no downhill from ground level to my eye 

maybe for once take some advise from e.g. the Dutch, they managing living below sea level  for some 4 or 500 years now.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vlietje said:

maybe for once take some advise from e.g. the Dutch, they managing living below sea level  for some 4 or 500 years now.....

The finger in the dyke is a bit beyond the Pattaya planners comprehension!

Edited by PatOngo
  • Haha 2