Chinese man nabbed in Bangkok with war weapons - planned to sell them on Instagram

webfact

13 hours ago, Katipo said:

Ok, but where did he get the guns from? That's the question I would like answered.

The truth is he most probably just brought them in as luggage.  Nobody cares really, just spot checks now and then.

Strange.  Each weapon shown has been highly modified with individualized add-on accessories, none is stock.  They do not appear to be the type of firearms "gunrunners" would sell in SEAsia. 

They pulled the bolts and these are real guns, not something modified from AirSoft toys. 

Also, they claim 5.56mm ammo found, and pictures of brass shells support this, which is NATO and not typical ammo used in AK47/AKMs (7.69x39) or newer AK74 (5.45x39).  

Perhaps stolen from individuals?  

• Like 2

'Tech police had been investigating an Instagram account under the name "dewaffen"'

Waffen is just the German word for weapon, yet somehow TV has to link this to the SS/Nazis.

as in

'(De) Waffen SS was the military arm of the Nazi Party, notes Thaivisa.'

There is NO mention of the Waffen SS. Just the use of the modern German word for weapon, 'waffen'.

Can we just stop with the imaginary Nazis...............

...and no, I a not a fan, the Waffen SS committed murder/atrocities against civilians/prisoners of war, I just get tired of references to Nazis when not appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With these western demonstrations in the streets and realizing these agitators ( antifa like ) are not going to stop.Seeing these weapons and I know them all...is very disturbing. I was here during the last coup and remember when the 'black shirts " in black military uniforms showed up, and nobody was sure who they were. I found out they were stationed and trained in Laos. By who? Who will shoot into Thai people? Anyway the lathe is used for silencers or other barrel alterations. How do you sell assault weapons on instagram ? Mail or hand deliver. By hand means domestic market. But, in reality that is his best story. Hold him in an uncomfortable place and tell his Thai cellmates what he was doing. Let them give him an aloha. Hold him until he squeals..

• Like 1