Hunt Continues for Red Bull Heir

webfact

19 minutes ago, Surelynot said:
57 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

No, that's not how extradition works!

The RTP have no authority to demand that another country's police force act on their instructions.  Why would another country arrest him if he has not committed any offence in that country and is not wanted by that country?

So...all any criminal has to do is move abroad....mmmmm...think not.

You're entitled to think what you like but if a person is not wanted in any particular country why would the police there have any interest, or justification, in arresting them?

28 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Who said they demand anything. How do you think extradition works. You dont have to commit an offence in that country at all.

There is nothing required in an extradition for the accused to have committed any crime in the country from which extradition is requested.

I know how extradition is processed and it is not the way that you seem to think that it works.  There has been no extradition request to the UK for Vorayuth.

Edited by Matreusse

21 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

So...all any criminal has to do is move abroad....mmmmm...think not.

According to him yes. But it doesnt work like that.

I have seen one interpol notice when looking through a file. Gave a copy to the police officer. When my case finished the officer arrested the guy for extradition. Cant remember the charges but the country sent 2 officers over to assist the extradition request.

From memory its something called mutual cooperation or similar to that. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Maejo Man said:
1 hour ago, Matreusse said:

RTP have no jurisdiction to do anything in the UK!

I was not even thinking about the BIB. Just a good start for the local wallopers.

Why would they (UK police I presume you mean by "wallopers") have any interest in him?  He's not wanted for anything in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Matreusse said:

Why would they (UK police I presume you mean by "wallopers") have any interest in him?  He's not wanted for anything in the UK.

The Met is well aware of exactly who this young man is from his on again/off again Interpol notices. However I'm not about to get into a tossing match with you.

• Like 1

I might be sick of hearing about this idiot, but keep it up and in the publics mind.

BTW our esteemed PM is sitting on a report from someone he appointed to investigate

the lack of progress in the case.

He promised to release the findings months ago. Why are we waiting PM?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matreusse said:

Perhaps the UK government doesn't receive many extradition requests from Thailand.  The UK doesn't extradite unilaterally.

It has received several, most recently for Yingluck, and that was ignored or declined.

The point being the UK will happily extradite its own citizens on a whim to a developing country with an abysmal human rights record, a dysfunctional and corrupt justice system, a military government etc. but refuses to honour extradition requests for Thais based on the aforementioned criteria.

5 hours ago, Matreusse said:

What's the point of anyone finding him if he's not in Thailand?

How difficult would it be to put him on a plane and fly him back? With or without his consent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matreusse said:

Oh for the love of buddha. He doesnt need to have done anything illegal in uk, or any country.

i have been involved in an extradition, perhaps instead of posting here you should at least use google.

22 hours ago, Curt1591 said:

Unfortunately, the tried and true tactic of "following the money" keeps leading them in the wrong direction! 

In the case of Thai  authorities it not so much "follow the money" but "bring us some money."

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, colinneil said:

That must be the joke of the week, hunt continues for Red Bull heir, bloody priceless that anybody has the nerve to come out with BS like that.:cheesy:

When the whole world knows they are not even thinking about it, let alone hunting for him.

Probably the judges hoping that they will be able to retire soon would love to see him in court? 

Interpol not have a red note for him anymore: https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

I find it amazing that no reporter asks the police chief and prosecutor why the Thaksins were convicted in absentia, but the Red Bull heir did not.

That would solve the problem to the extent that he could then be wanted as a convicted criminal and the offenses could not be statute-barred.

47 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Interpol not have a red note for him anymore: https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

I find it amazing that no reporter asks the police chief and prosecutor why the Thaksins were convicted in absentia, but the Red Bull heir did not.

That would solve the problem to the extent that he could then be wanted as a convicted criminal and the offenses could not be statute-barred.

Note that the quoted site only shows the public red notices not all of them.

Many red notices are hidden from public view and only available to law enforcement.

4 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

Note that the quoted site only shows the public red notices not all of them.

Many red notices are hidden from public view and only available to law enforcement.

He’s traveling freely and posting photos of his exploits on Facebook and Instagram. He’s not wanted and doesn’t have a care in the world.