Foreigners should be FORCED to have a Covid-19 vaccination - and they should pay for it, Thai poll

webfact

39 minutes ago, Susco said:

Why do foreigners who moved to a third world country, expect to get everything for free, as it was in their nanny state?

They moved here probably because they couldn't afford the taxes in their home country any more, which make it possible to have a free healthcare system.

Here they don't pay any taxes, but expect the same?

Pay taxes?  On what?   We aren't allowed to earn 10 baht.  And we do pay taxes, same VAT at Thai, properties taxes, any tax Thai pay and then some. Fees, fees, fees.  Higher costs and higher costs.  Can't buy land for my family of 30 years to live on. Make sense to you? But never mind I die from COVID and my wife and family loose everything.  

I really don't mind, but it would be fairer to all to prevent Thai from getting timely or free vaccines in my country, just like us here, right?  Let them get COVID. Makes good sense, right?

Your value system seems inside out.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Pay taxes?  On what?   We aren't allowed to earn 10 baht.  And we do pay taxes, same VAT at Thai, properties taxes, any tax Thai pay and then some. Fees, fees, fees.  Higher costs and higher costs.  Can't buy land for my family of 30 years to live on. Make sense to you? But never mind I die from COVID and my wife and family loose everything.  

I really don't mind to be honest, but it would be fair for everyone to prevent Thai from getting timely or free vaccines in my country, just like us here, right?  Let them get COVID. Makes good sense, right?

Yeah, but immigration doesn't allow of to stay for our looks. It's about economics. But right now I think it's reasonable to expect expats here to be treated fairly as far as timely access to vaccines. Obviously, Thailand is late, everyone here is stuck with that, but if what seems to be developing actually does (high risk foreigners not included in earlier phase access) well, some expats will die because of that. 

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

I really don't mind to be honest, but it would be fair for everyone to prevent Thai from getting timely or free vaccines in my country, just like us here, right?  Let them get COVID. Makes good sense, right?

Another foreigner who can't handle the truth.

Yes you are allowed to work here and earn as big money as you want, many foreigners do, but of course you have to play by the rules, and get a workpermit for something that the average Thai can't do by himself.

Yes you pay 7% VAT. How much is the VAT where you come from. and is that the only taxes you paid there?

And what has the right to buy land to do with social security? If you love your family so much, you should buy the land in their name, and live on it yourself until you die, because you can't take it with you anyway.

But you know that was just drivel

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Susco said:

There was a thread here, which said that private hospitals are allowed to import the vaccine.

I have seen posts on this very forum from foreigners who received their vaccine at Pattaya-bangkok hospital

If a vaccine was available at any Thai hospital for foreigners this forum would light up the servers. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

You are aggressively failing to get the point. 

No I'm not, they got approval 2 weeks ago, and while you know very well it is not possible to have full stock yet in that time, you are playing your favourite card of, the Thais discriminate us, we should be eligible to get priority because we spend 10K a month here

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Saraburi121 said:

If a vaccine was available at any Thai hospital for foreigners this forum would light up the servers. 

Of course and in the current environment there is no way that is going to happen anytime soon.

I don't think that foreigners deserve special treatment. 

But they don't deserve back of the bus treatment either particularly those in high risk groups.

• Like 2

Just now, Susco said:

No I'm not, they got approval 2 weeks ago, and while you know very well it is not possible to have full stock yet in that time, you are playing your favourite card of, the Thais discriminate us, we should be eligible to get priority because we spend 10K a month here

No. You don't get it. I won't waste any more time acting like you're posting in good faith. Bye.

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Of course and in the current environment there is no way that is going to happen anytime soon.

But they don't deserve back of the bus treatment either particularly those in high risk groups.

Why you not take it up with your embassy, they should take care of their high risk citizens in foreign countries.

I guess that don't care either, so why should the Thais care, they prioritize their own people first of course, with the limited supply they have.

• Confused 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Prioritize and fair are good words, special not a good word. No special treatment expected from me as a foreigner. Money should not be a determining factor. 

There are some right dorks on here, in my country everyone, including illegal immigrants are getting the vaccine for free, but us dirty farang, who bring buggar all to the economy should be charged for it, you're avin a larff.

I spend in excess of 2 mil baht every year on living, eating & entertainment7, how much does the usual shiite on a stick vendor spend every year ? Or the mom & pop shop or a school teacher or a whole host of other professions, what about the guy that pumps gas or the 7/11 staffer, get real for christ's sake.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a resumable cost for the vaccine will be anything less than 2000 baht (for both doses) although at the beginning I can imagine private hospitals charging a lot more, especially to those who need it to travel for work. 

The last I read in the news, it is 2000 baht per dose. Total 4000 baht for two doses.

16 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

There are some right dorks on here, in my country everyone, including illegal immigrants are getting the vaccine for free,

You could always move back there if it is so good, wonder what you're doing in a country which, going by your comments, youhate so much.

I spend in excess of 2 mil baht every year on living, eating & entertainment7,

If you are such a big spender on entertainment, then the few thousand baht for a vaccine you won't even notice. Of course bragging about his spending everyone can, just waiting now for your next thread about the girl at the restaurant that took an extra 15 Baht tip of you, on a 450 Baht consumption

how much does the usual shiite on a stick vendor spend every year ? Or the mom & pop shop or a school teacher or a whole host of other professions, what about the guy that pumps gas or the 7/11 staffer, get real for christ's sake.

None of your business. They were born in this country, and deserve everything their government gives them, because most of them work harder, for much less money, as you have ever done in your life.

Were  you also born here, or did you just come here for the cheap?

Edited by Susco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, EricTh said:
2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think a resumable cost for the vaccine will be anything less than 2000 baht (for both doses) although at the beginning I can imagine private hospitals charging a lot more, especially to those who need it to travel for work. 

The last I read in the news, it is 2000 baht per dose. Total 4000 baht for two doses.

Personally, thats tolerable....

I can’t see Thailand getting into action quickly enough without there being some incentive for the ‘decision makers’ to profit......   Someone in a position of power has to make money somewhere for anything to happen here... there has to be a financial advantage, that much is an endemic trait of anyone in a position of decision making power in Thailand. 

Thus - for things to work more quickly for the benefit of everyone, the corrupt need something off the top.... I figure that may mean private hospitals ordering doses, public hospitals piggy backing on the deal and somewhere along the line the Thai people get their vaccine.

Let's face it, if the current outbreak had happened 10 months ago deals for a vaccine would already be in place as the pressure of public opinion forces the greedy to compromise.

(I know I have a horribly cynical outlook of those in positions of decision making power, for the record I don’t hold those in similar positions in my home country in any higher regard !!!!) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

She has serious reactions to ALL vaccines....seriously doubt that.

The witchhunt-mentality is on already.

Great times ahead.

Time to leave this country.  See ya.

Many foreigners here in Thailand are much more conforming than the Thais, because they are scared otherwise they will be thrown out of the country.

More Thais than foreigners that I know don’t wanna have the vaccines. Most foreigners look down on me for my opinion like I would be crazy, Thais listen and a lot of them actually agree. But I live far away from big touristic cities, maybe that’s why.

I would say the typical clientele of this forum lives in Phuket and Pattaya, lol.

I think it has something to do with the fact that the Thais know their government is not their friend, while many Europeans still believe in the illusion of democracy in EU.

Good luck guys. This place is getting a serious threat for my family. Forced vaccinations, mask mandate in the car, TIT.

• Confused 1

This whole story is a wind-up.

"Should Thai people have to put up with unvaccinated foreigners?"? No!

"Should Thai people have to pay for foreigners to be vaccinated?" No!

Headline: "Force foreigners to have vaccinations and pay for them".

I'd love to write the questions for these surveys.

• Like 1

Thais are exempt from having to have the vaccine and paying for it because???? Nothing like a fresh new welcome banner for all that tourism and retirement community they keep preaching about 555. This is important because foreigners make up such a large fraction on the overall population LOL

On 2/24/2021 at 1:14 PM, Percy P said:

Correct ,but I see an article saying free vaccination for people paying tax. I pay 15%  on money deposited in the Thai Bank. 15% of one million I would think would cover the vaccination jab. And this tax is paid every year. 

You pay 15% withholding tax on the interest, and even that you get back as a foreigner, if you go to the revenue office.

So you have 1 million interest every year?  You shouldn't worry then about paying a few thousand baht for a vaccine either.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:10 AM, Mavideol said:

why would somebody waste of money and time reporting such BS.... how can a poll using 1,318 people be reliable/credible

You’d be surprised how reliable a survey among just 1,000 people (or 1,318 in this case) can be. It’s called a ‘sample’, and depending on how that sample is drawn, the margin of error could be as little as just 2%.

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

She has serious reactions to ALL vaccines....seriously doubt that.

Why would you doubt that? It's a well-known phenomenon that some people are pan-allergic, a condition that means they cannot take any vaccines (and sometimes antibiotics).

I have a good friend who suffers from this. This person nearly died when receiving their very first childhood vaccination due to an anaphylactoid reaction and has been tested from time to time since with 1/10th strength vaccines to see if any of the newer types of innoculations would be OK but still had severe allergic reactions every time.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

I'd rather take a Chinese one than any other one. At least you then know it was tested on a high volume. But funny that one would jeopardize their own health, because being unable to make objective decisions as of hating certain countries ;).

did you know Chinese are not getting vaccinated, thus no such thing as high volume test

On 2/22/2021 at 9:59 AM, webfact said:

taxpayers should get it for free. 

I'm probably in the 1-5 percent here.

At this point I really don't care. Get me the damn vaccine I need to travel! I hate to say that because back in US I'd reject it.

6 hours ago, Mavideol said:

did you know Chinese are not getting vaccinated, thus no such thing as high volume test

You just made that up by yourself?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1196142/china-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-doses/

As of April 25, 2021, China had administered about 224.9 million doses of coronavirus COVID-19 vaccine, whereas about 1.03 billion doses of the vaccine had been applied worldwide. Vaccines developed by the Chinese pharmaceutical companies Sinovac and Sinopharm have received approvals and advance purchase agreements in countries like Brazil, Turkey, and Indonesia.

• Confused 1