My Issan 10kw on grid solar project fully installed by contractors 337,500bht

9 hours ago, Crossy said:

You shouldn't be able to change anything on the DDSU unit other than the RS-485 address. I wouldn't mess with it.

I included the English manual with my earlier post but it probably isn't really going to help.

Do you think it might be what is causing the incorrect values being displayed on my readouts.. I'm going to hit the installers up Monday with the erroneous readouts.. Thankfully my Issan Luv machine can see the errors also.. I am wondering if because they did not install an original Huawei power sensor the software is not recognizing the DDSU666-H Smart meter they installed.???? I have spotted your link on the Solar carport thread  with the readouts and I am envious with the info you see. Hope you do not mind have copied here below your link...

"Local Energy Consumption" plot to ThingSpeak channel https://thingspeak.com/channels/991448

Just a 1 liner update.... today Sat 27 Feb.. Started the day with meter showing 92Kwh morning read and ended up at 92Kwh in the evening read... Sunny day with pollution/smoke haze... A/C's x 3 running + irrigation and sprinklers...

Just checked daily graph readout which might help explain why meter did not run backwards today.. Production stopped a couple of times early afternoon.... now I am going to have to log in using my phone app so I can read possible errors through the day...software does not allow user to read faults via computer as far as I can see.

Solar power graph outage 270221.png

7 hours ago, Thaifish said:

...software does not allow user to read faults via computer as far as I can see.

Our inverter has a similar issue with the manufacturer's PC software, luckily the android app runs very nicely in the BlueStacks android emulator on a PC. Get it here https://www.bluestacks.com/ms/index.html

Drop out in production due to under voltage from grid...... 

Any indication just how low the supply went? (our Sofar inverter is good down to <180V)

If this becomes a recurring problem you could get your installer to move the solar (and sensor transformer) to another phase which may have fewer brown-outs.

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Any indication just how low the supply went?

No idea! I was only aware of brown out when I checked the alarm records. House appliances where not effected. There are only two grid wires running past Bahn..  Live and Neutral.. The two phases we have 2 Live 2 Neutral coming to Bahn are feeding of them so cant change setup... Blackouts/brown outs not uncommon here.  

20 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

There are only two grid wires running past Bahn..  Live and Neutral.. The two phases we have 2 Live 2 Neutral coming to Bahn are feeding of them so cant change setup... Blackouts/brown outs not uncommon here.  

I'm a bit confused by your Schneider distribution box as that's a 3-phase incoming breaker and it's difficult to see if there's a single-phasing kit installed (it hides on the switched side of the breaker). Need to look at that more closely.

So you are actually running two sets of cables from the street but they are paralleled to improve current capacity.

EDIT Assuming you have a single-phase kit installed. If one of the incoming live wires is bypassing the current transformer that may be what's leading to the "interesting" performance graphs. Could be worth checking with the installer.

17 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I'm a bit confused by your Schneider distribution box as that's a 3-phase incoming breaker and it's difficult to see if there's a single-phasing kit installed (it hides on the switched side of the breaker). Need to look at that more closely.

They did rewire the 2 phases back into 1 phase between the 3 phase breaker and house fuse box. They had to go into town for heavier cabling and joiners and I watched them join connections.

Edited by Thaifish

8 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

I believe they did rewire the 2 phases back into 1 phase between the 3 phase breaker and house fuse box. They had to go into town for heavier cabling and joiners.

OK so the other "incoming" cables at the Schneider breaker are no longer in use? (or at least not carrying current)

By the way, you don't have "2 phases" you have 2 wires on a single phase.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

OK so the other "incoming" cables at the breaker are no longer in use? (or at least not carrying current)

By the way, you don't have "2 phases" you have 2 wires on a single phase.

Correct, No longer in use.... And noted 2 wires on a single phase not 2 phases!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

The inverter might have a setting as to the voltage where it will shut off. Those are country specific and if the installer didn't set it to the values for Thailand it might prematurely cut off.

Another day and had afternoon shut downs due to High Voltage from grid. Last time it was low Voltage. I was never aware how much the Grid voltage changes until now. I saw it it peak at 229Volt before solar shut down on protection mode. I have seen it around 210V at an opposite side of scale. The Bahn is 3.3km  from village up a dirt road mostly... Have had the power drop out 3 times last two months for about 3 to 4hrs each time. Only one drop out effected the village supply. I can usually go and find the breaker which has tripped on our road...    

• Like 1

So todays production was 23Kwh back into grid as read by PEA meter with solar protection drop outs due to High Voltage from PEA. Solar kept starting up and then would soon drop back out with over voltage again for about 1 hour.

Graph below showing interruptions ...

Tomorrow its time to phone Contractors with concerns... I will wait until the Issan Luv Machine has her 3rd coffee before we call.. I think it is a full moon tonight... Not a good start...?

Graph interuptions high voltage 280221.png

Edited by Thaifish
  • Haha 1

Before I call it a night I found this Q and A link about Huawei Smart Meters... It shows that Chinese settings for positive are recorded as negative and vise verser. Looking at my read outs it helps me comprehend mush much about chinese method

Link to Q and A.....

Case-Smart Meter Types(Other) Connected to SmartLogger Instance - Huawei Enterprise Support Community

Smart meter readout.png

I saw it it peak at 229Volt before solar shut down on protection mode. I have seen it around 210V at an opposite side of scale.

I wish our voltage stayed within that range, yesterday ranged from 209.8V to 234V (max was at peak solar so the voltage was being pushed up by the export) although it is often below 200V, max recorded was 245V.

The +-10% promised by PEA is 198V to 242V so your inverter should operate at least within that range. Ours is specced at 180-276V but the actual cut-off level is controlled by a "country" setting, could be worth checking what yours is actually set to.

The Bahn is 3.3km  from village

Is that a 3.3km run at 220V or do you have a more local transformer? Such a long run will have a significant resistance which would lead to a large volt-drop on load and a significant volt-rise on export.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

Is that a 3.3km run at 220V or do you have a more local transformer? Such a long run will have a significant resistance which would lead to a large volt-drop on load and a significant volt-rise on export.

There is a transformer about 300mt up the road with 2 phases coming in (3 wires total...(hope I got my phases correct this time!!) coming in). The supply then branches out to the tapioca and vegetable plantations with about 6km of wiring. Only supplying power to water pumps and the odd light after our Bahn supply.

18 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

There is a transformer about 300mt up the road with 2 phases coming in (3 wires total...(hope I got my phases correct this time!!) coming in). The supply then branches out to the tapioca and vegetable plantations with about 6km of wiring. Only supplying power to water pumps and the odd light after our Bahn supply.

Just to confuse you 3 wires on big insulators is 3-phase at 25kV or so (it's a delta connection so no neutral). Does it have 4 low voltage wires (smaller insulators)? It is possible that PEA brought 3-phase HV (only 1 more wire than single-phase HV) then banged a single-phase transformer on the end.

With only 300m or so of 220V and only you as a significant load that should be reasonably solid voltage wise, so one does wonder why you are having cutouts on over/under voltage.

Definitely time to talk to your contractor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Just to confuse you 3 wires on big insulators is 3-phase at 25kV or so (it's a delta connection so no neutral)

I think I need to go to 101school learning phases. I will stick to just counting the wires.

Does it have 4 low voltage wires (smaller insulators)? No cannot see.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Definitely time to talk to your contractor

Phone call and Email sent to contractor this morning. Pointed out my performance readout issues and attached the photos below to compare. The second image readout is over a 24hr period and shows what I would expect to see. I mentioned that I think it is the Chinese Power Sensor unit not giving correct values and that they should install a Huawei Sensor.

Solar power graph outage 270221.png

Proper Display Solar readout.png

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaifish said:

Nuisance tripping from varying grid voltage.

Most certified inverters have grid parameters set to meet the supply authority spec which can be quite strict with the re-connection after fault voltages.

I am sure the Thai authority have provided a voltage spec to Huawei but doubt if it has considered the many areas on its grid suffering from large voltage swings.

I believe most Huawei inverters provide some adjustment to the upper and lower cut off levels including their timers.

This would likely require a special installer code and application to access low level settings. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Crossy said:

@Thaifish how's it all going?

Any news on what your graphs actually mean asuming they're correct of course?

I'm hanging in there trying to to fix my Solar performance readout issue the Thai way. I have learnt beating the drum the fellang way does not work here. There is a definite issue with the readouts which the contractors acknowledge. After two weeks of my Issan Luv Machine sending happy  photos of me pointing at the broken thingy by Line App I am now able to correspond by e-mail. Going by responses the English is not good but they understand the software issue and are in contact with Huawei. Painfully slow but again trying to resolve this the Thai way...  My hand readouts from the Grid Meter which I have kept a log of AM/1200hrs/PM shows that we have basically broken even consumption/production (nearly 4 weeks since installation now). We are only about 30Kwh under last months readout which I was hoping on being better!! From what I can see I believe the System is working to full strength even though I have no reliable data to back it up.

The Meter reader should be here around the 18th so it will be interesting to see the print out. The Kwh reading should be in the negative so also interesting to see what or if any response comes from PEA about the reading. The Luv machine is not worried. I have made preparation's for a "GO FUND ME PAGE" .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Meter read day.. The sad news was that the meter read 54Kwh in the black. So a Bin of 219bht for the month. I was so hoping it would be in the red to see what response/readout would be from PEA. Without accurate performance data (read below) I am guessing my bin for the month would have conservatively been around 4,000bht or around 952kwh consumed.  My Issan Luv Machine spoke with the Meter Reader and from what I heard he was happy the Bin was low for us and said Solar very expensive. We had 2 blackouts from grid power maybe 8hours total. Nothing unusual + a few days where the inverters shut down from over voltage from the grid. Only brief shutdowns maybe 2 hours. I have found that I can maybe change the protection (Over/Under Voltage) settings on the Android phone App that accesses the Inverters. I do not wish to play with these settings however because 1 I do not know what I am doing and 2nd warranty.... Especially at this early stage of installation. 

I have no idea of Solar performance over the month as mentioned in my previous comments. It has been 3 weeks since Installers were notified of the readout issue. The latest is that they know there is a problem and that they are going to send someone up to replace or repair soon (Smart Reader). I'm running low on Jai Yen Yen tablets and have been thumping the drum fellang way with an increasing loudness to hurry up... I found the wiring on the smart meter to be the wrong way around (pictures below) and I am wondering if they have also installed the AMP/Volt clamp the wrong way around also.

I don't doubt the actual installation is performing optimally. The inverters are hot and blinking the correct lights. My Multimeter readings  showing feed back into the grid has been around 22Amp midday with 2 Air conns running on top etc. Of a night time we have been consuming around 25/30Kwh but during the days we have only averaged 15/20Kwh excess back into the meter.

We have had mainly sunny days although Smokey with high cloud coverage. The PV panels are also showing the dirt buildup. They got a wash with rain 2 weeks ago which cleaned them fairly good but I can see now that cleaning is going to be a regular thing.

20210312_090359.jpg

20210312_080855.jpg

Edited by Thaifish
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Thaifish said:

I found the wiring on the smart meter to be the wrong way around (pictures below) and I am wondering if they have also installed the AMP/Volt clamp the wrong way around also.

From your earlier photos the arrow on the CT is pointing towards the load, correct according to the diagram ???? 

Which connections were wrong? The voltage (terminals 3 & 4) probably wouldn't make any difference but the CT being reversed would confuse the power flow readings.

Crossy you detective you. I did not know where the CT reader was connected. Now I can see from my previous photo's. Yes correct installation with arrow showing direction of flow as you say. The blue and white wires coming from the CT are however connected the wrong way around into the Smart reader as you can see in the line diagram and the Photo of Smart Reader. I am so tempted to swap them around and see what happens. 

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

Which connections were wrong? The voltage (terminals 3 & 4)

These are the connections I am talking about (5 & 6) in line diagram below.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, Thaifish said:

20210218_124219.jpg

13 hours ago, Thaifish said:

20210312_090359.jpg

20210312_080855.jpg

4 minutes ago, Thaifish said:

The blue and white wires coming from the CT are however connected the wrong way around into the Smart reader as you can see in the line diagram and the Photo of Smart Reader. I am so tempted to swap them around and see what happens. 

I would send the photos to your Contractor backed up with a call from your good lady.

They might get the hump and withdraw support if you start mucking around with it (unless they say, OK try it). 

Bidirectional metering using current transformer.

To be sure of correct current and voltage phase calculation, the current transformer must have the phase cable passing through the coil and the coil connections arranged to the meter manufacturers diagram. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

I would send the photos to your Contractor backed up with a call from your good lady.

Done already a week ago.. Some things so frustrating to get done here!!! I have been told they will repair. Talks cheap and easy.. I want a time frame from them to complete my warranty issue. That is my next step. Starting to get fissed of with no feedback from installers with where they are up to to rectify my issue. Even if they say 1 month to fix I can live with that. Just want to know what's going on.

8 hours ago, maxpower said:

the current transformer must have the phase cable passing through the coil and the coil connections arranged to the meter manufacturers diagram. 

I understand what you are saying but my very limited Sparky knowledge of coil connections etc do not comprehend to me. I will have to put my faith in the installers on that one.