Swedish Man Beaten Senseless By Three Farangs.....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 14th 2007

Swedish man beaten up by three unknown foreign attackers in Central Pattaya Bar Brawl.

In the early hours of Sunday Morning, Medical Staff at the Pattaya Memorial Hospital admitted Mr. Lennert aged 58 from Sweden who was brought in by Sawang Boriboon Rescue Workers from a Hotel located in the Central Section of Pattaya Second Road.

He had sustained head injuries and minor upper body injuries in a fight which took place between the victim and three unknown foreigners.

He had been drinking alone in a bar near the entrance to Soi 8. It appears that a verbal altercation between Mr. Lennert and the three foreigners took place and soon became physical.

Police are waiting for Mr. Lennert to recover enough before they continue with their investigation.

Graphic photographs of head injuries withheld.

I was actually at this scene (not involved) and tended this guys head wound which was quite severe, he was left unconcious lying on the road, the guy that hit him was about 30yoa 6'6 17 stone, he had been involved in a fight the night before with the bar girls in the same area, i believe he assaulted one and then 10 of them proceeded to attack him, it would appear that this guy likes to fight for his pleasure...................hope he gets locked up - might save him some grief because if he tries the same soi14 walking street he might find himself in hospital for a spell or worse

• 2 weeks later...

A completely different angle reported in this news story in:

SOURCE: Pattaya Mail: May 26th Edition

Tourist-taunting drunk knocked unconscious

A drunken Swiss man with a penchant for taunting foreign tourists was decked when he made a nuisance of himself in the early hours of May 13.

Rejbert awaits treatment at the hospital.

Police and Sawang Boriboon officers were called out to the beer bars in New Plaza, opposite Soi 8 when it was reported that a foreign man had been assaulted and was lying unconscious in the middle of the road.

At the scene officers found Lennart Rejbert, age 50, of Switzerland. He had suffered a gash to his head, which was bleeding profusely. Officers provided first aid treatment to stop the bleeding before rushing him to Pattaya Memorial Hospital. Doctors X-rayed his skull, and it needed 10 stitches to close the wound.

Bar girls who witnessed the incident told officers that Rejbert often visited the bars carrying a bottle of 40 percent proof whisky. He was always drunk and liked to look for trouble with foreign tourists who frequent the bars. Just two days previously he had been beaten up by a foreign tourist.

On this occasion he was annoying people and teased a foreign tourist’s wife. Her husband told Rejbert to go back home. He continued to be an annoyance until four or five passing foreigners pushed him out of the bar.

The force of the push knocked Rejbert to the ground, and he hit his head on the concrete. The tourists fled the scene before police arrived.

I was actually at this scene (not involved) and tended this guys head wound which was quite severe, he was left unconcious lying on the road, the guy that hit him was about 30yoa 6'6 17 stone, he had been involved in a fight the night before with the bar girls in the same area, i believe he assaulted one and then 10 of them proceeded to attack him, it would appear that this guy likes to fight for his pleasure...................hope he gets locked up - might save him some grief because if he tries the same soi14 walking street he might find himself in hospital for a spell or worse

gharknes gives events closer to the first report. Can you add any other details gharknes?

30 yr old hits a 58 yr old. even if the guy was drunk or made a comment. Blow it off and move own.

Shame!

:o

Boys will be boys.Brings shame on all farangs in LOS.Why can't people behave themselves not act like complete idiots? Everybody looks down on drunks making trouble with other farangs,Thais or bargirls.Shame,shame,shame.Stay home or stay off the booze.Deserves a good kick up the proverbial and a night in the lockup.

I heard that there is an on going problem since early last year about a guy who seems to turn up in pattaya just to get drunk and fight.. he fights anyone he can including bar girls (for no real reason behind the attacks) ,, wonder if its the same guy ???

I heard that there is an on going problem since early last year about a guy who seems to turn up in pattaya just to get drunk and fight.. he fights anyone he can including bar girls (for no real reason behind the attacks)

Then he's very very stooooopid (and so far lucky)

Sooner rather than later he will come up against someone with friends who are all tooled up and ready to go.

Then who pays the cost of his funeral?

I heard that there is an on going problem since early last year about a guy who seems to turn up in pattaya just to get drunk and fight.. he fights anyone he can including bar girls (for no real reason behind the attacks)

Then he's very very stooooopid (and so far lucky)

Sooner rather than later he will come up against someone with friends who are all tooled up and ready to go.

Then who pays the cost of his funeral?

seen him last night having another row with a girl, this guy and his mate are nothing but thugs, I believe they have an interest in a bar not far from where this incident happened, it would also appear that things are not going so well business wise, empty or closed most nights, probably the reason for the anger and irrational behavior...............things are not going as planned in Pattaya for them

Where are the fists of fury motorbike taxi guys when you need them? Here we have certifiable farang mafia and all the local machismo just seems to have gone limp? C'mon, 10-12 guys whatever it takes. :o

Edited by cali4995

seen him last night having another row with a girl, this guy and his mate are nothing but thugs, I believe they have an interest in a bar not far from where this incident happened, it would also appear that things are not going so well business wise, empty or closed most nights, probably the reason for the anger and irrational behavior...............things are not going as planned in Pattaya for them

So the rows are probably with girls who worked his bar, made no money and moved on.

And he blames them!